What if we removed everyone form the workforce who's 40 and over - Basically Logan's Run but run by Twitter

The Shadow

Sweet dreams, shitbird.
kiwifarms.net
Social media was a mistake. It used to be stupid ideas could only spread to those you could speak to or print an idea to, maybe broadcast to (although broadcast standards would limit this spread). Social media has crossed the line though.

Lemmingwise

The capture of the last white wizard decolorized
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm seeing this in quite a few circles that we need to remove anyone(although in most cases they just mean white men) who are 40 years and older from any industry of significant influence. Because these people are ideologically obsolete, I'd never figure I'd start seeing movie bob-esque ideas being promoted in a more broad fashion. I mean they're basically treating people like Apple products where you have to trash the old and get a new one frequently. That and the people promoting this idea and saying phrases like "their ideology firmware is incompatible with modern society" seem to be the type that's never even done basic computer maintenance for a desktop, let alone getting into the knitty gritty of updating a piece of firmware so they really have no idea what firmware is.

So if this standard was applied to every single industry across the board, how fucked would society be?

That is so Soviet it hurts, enjoy your brain drain.

It will be like some of those white saviour colonists, who thought they could teach savages how to farm while never having farmed in the new world.

It will be like the soviets, who thought that every man cluld be equally productive where rather than care for the land, just farmed the next bit of land to desolation after each crop.

It will be like mao's great leap forward and its millions of death.

Planned economies are very effucient at killing efficiency.

Schools and media have trained these kids to think like cultural revolutionaries so its not surprising their cultural revolution ideas are popular. This particular idea would send shockwaves. But like defund the police, there is no way those in power would do it, because though they like the fervor and the pressure it puts on older people, they do actually still want them to be productive.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
This is part of that "Everything Old is Evil" shit that Marxists like to spew. And while it's nice to innovate once in awhile in the face of new technology and changing social pressures, you can't just go back to Year One because you think it will make it easier for your crazy, utopian shit to get passed. It's good for society to learn from its past mistakes. It's not good to have to repeat the Jonestown massacre every 30 years because people keep forgetting that Communism + Psychotic Figurehead = Bad.

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
We have an issue in Britain right now with our shipbuilding and manufacturing industry. A severe lack of apprentices. As in we are literally watching our ability to do high skilled (as in well done) manufacturing of things like ships, electrical gear, engines, and other things die as the people who have theses skills exit the workforce without passing on their skills.

If everyone above 40 were barred from working our entire skill pool would probably dissolve overnight and the UK's remaining industries would collapse near instantly. Dumb idea put forward by actual fucking retards who think everything is learned either via university; google, or is unskilled and can be picked up easily. That's not even getting into the issue of everyone over 40 suddenly not being able to afford housing, food and social life; which would annihilate the economy overnight as well.

If you kicked out the over 40's you'd literally cause the most pervasive and disastrous economic depression in the history of the UK. If you did it worldwide you'd literally collapse the world economy in its entirety. Probably to never really recover.

Daisymae

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We have an issue in Britain right now with our shipbuilding and manufacturing industry. A severe lack of apprentices. As in we are literally watching our ability to do high skilled (as in well done) manufacturing of things like ships, electrical gear, engines, and other things die as the people who have theses skills exit the workforce without passing on their skills.

If everyone above 40 were barred from working our entire skill pool would probably dissolve overnight and the UK's remaining industries would collapse near instantly. Dumb idea put forward by actual fucking retards who think everything is learned either via university; google, or is unskilled and can be picked up easily. That's not even getting into the issue of everyone over 40 suddenly not being able to afford housing, food and social life; which would annihilate the economy overnight as well.

If you kicked out the over 40's you'd literally cause the most pervasive and disastrous economic depression in the history of the UK. If you did it worldwide you'd literally collapse the world economy in its entirety. Probably to never really recover.
this is a problem in many industries. Most skilled trades are facing this problem. So is farming and agriculture. No one wants to do anything but learn to code video games and chill out in their parent's basement until they die. The flipside to it is that its difficult to find people looking to train or work with an apprentice. Cuts both ways, i guess. Either way., parents need to stop telling their kids theyre too good for labor and to get an office job.

Wilhelm Bittrich

Stupid fucking ape cunt!
kiwifarms.net
So if this standard was applied to every single industry across the board, how fucked would society be?
Given the fact that these ideas usually come from people who never have worked a fucking single day in their life, well...
I would like to see some spoiled upperclass silverspooner from some Ivy League Bullshit Uni being forced to do OTR or construction, specially concrete pouring because there isn't enough manpower left who could do it.
But otoh, when I look at the farming effort during CHAZ, I'm sure this will never happen because before it can happen humanity has starved to death.