What is the best superpower? -

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Flight or teleportation isn't on the list?*

The ability go anywhere - especially beyond one's world - or at least raise a middle finger to gravity would be pretty awesome.

*(although one could change into a bird with shapeshifting)
Flight is pretty bad. It seems cool but it's objectively worse than teleportation. People will gawk at you, they could shoot at you, track you and it's just cold up there. I guess if you're also immune to cold it's kinda cool.

I think time control is the best hands down, the only thing superior is outright reality manipulation which is too powerful to have much of a discussion about. With time control you can effectively be invulnerable, you can go anywhere, you can appear to teleport, make yourself rich and all sorts of things.

• Feels
Reactions: ToroidalBoat

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People will gawk at you, they could shoot at you, track you and it's just cold up there.
Flight would likely be better in a world where it's normal to do it, or in a world that isn't as evil as Earth is IRL then. As for the cold, it depends on cold tolerance, climate, and altitude.

Reactions: melty

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One power I think would be pretty OP is being fluent in every language. This includes all programming languages, and mathematics, the language of the universe.
Throw in animal language too and I think there's a ton of potential.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Flight is pretty bad.
I guess another way to make flying good would be also being able to go invisible while flying, and either have good cold tolerance or just fly where cold isn't too much of a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: melty

Xarpho

Useful mask for exploring the Internet
kiwifarms.net
For myself, I think that invincibility would be cool but ultimately boring, especially as word starts getting around about what you can do, so you basically have to make that your 24 hour job or just not care, either way people are going to eventually hate you and you become miserable, not even being able to kill yourself if it came to that. Bullets bounce off, ropes just snap, trains will derail.

Time travel will also be cool but it opens up the possibility for doing way more damage than you could ever hope to fix. So unless you plan on sightseeing or just growing up in a different era, the possibility for fucking up remains high.

Intangibility is going to be great for the snoop/explorer in everyone. A locked door will no longer be an obstacle, but enough exploring will eventually get you noticed. You could escape any arrest situation, but then you'd be a fugitive and that means eventually someone will get the drop on you.

Now shapeshifting, that is the top-tier one. It essentially combines invincibility and intangibility. Bleeding to death as a human? Easy, just shape-shift into something else and then change back to a human again. Want to get into a place you're not supposed to? Shape-shift into something small and make your way under, then change into someone who's supposed to be there. Want to live (at least part of) life as a genuine hot chick instead of a tranny abomination, and keep your genitals, reputation, sanity, and as well as any money you get from e-whoring? Want to experience even more deranged fetishes? Want to cross the world in record time by actually being the vehicle? Want to get revenge on someone by pretending to be someone else? Want to save people like a real superhero would? Want to con your way into every exclusive event?

It's all there, and the limits are only your imagination. For fun or for profit, for good or for evil, plus, because you can become anything and everything, no one will recognize you.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Now shapeshifting, that is the top-tier one. It essentially combines invincibility and intangibility. Bleeding to death as a human? Easy, just shape-shift into something else and then change back to a human again.
Or skip the middle part and just transform into someone who isn't bleeding to death.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For myself, I think that invincibility would be cool but ultimately boring, especially as word starts getting around about what you can do, so you basically have to make that your 24 hour job or just not care, either way people are going to eventually hate you and you become miserable, not even being able to kill yourself if it came to that. Bullets bounce off, ropes just snap, trains will derail.

Time travel will also be cool but it opens up the possibility for doing way more damage than you could ever hope to fix. So unless you plan on sightseeing or just growing up in a different era, the possibility for fucking up remains high.

Intangibility is going to be great for the snoop/explorer in everyone. A locked door will no longer be an obstacle, but enough exploring will eventually get you noticed. You could escape any arrest situation, but then you'd be a fugitive and that means eventually someone will get the drop on you.

Now shapeshifting, that is the top-tier one. It essentially combines invincibility and intangibility. Bleeding to death as a human? Easy, just shape-shift into something else and then change back to a human again. Want to get into a place you're not supposed to? Shape-shift into something small and make your way under, then change into someone who's supposed to be there. Want to live (at least part of) life as a genuine hot chick instead of a tranny abomination, and keep your genitals, reputation, sanity, and as well as any money you get from e-whoring? Want to experience even more deranged fetishes? Want to cross the world in record time by actually being the vehicle? Want to get revenge on someone by pretending to be someone else? Want to save people like a real superhero would? Want to con your way into every exclusive event?

It's all there, and the limits are only your imagination. For fun or for profit, for good or for evil, plus, because you can become anything and everything, no one will recognize you.
You make a really good argument for shapeshifting. I think that's my next most preferred after time control because you can do whatever you want and remain completely anonymous.
I still prefer time control even without going back in time, because I think it offers some of the same advantages as intangibility and shape shifting. Need to get into a secure place? Just stop time, steal someone's key, and unlock the door. However if you can't take any objects with you at all that's a problem. Can you take your own phone or camera? And do electronic devices (like keyboard entry) work at all?

You can also never be caught like with invulnerability, because you can just pause time if anyone catches you. And you can always pull a Homura and become a one person army. You could conceivably destroy an entire country in a second. It would just take a lot of YOUR time.

Reactions: kūhaku

Julias_Seizure2

Puts the rave in depraved
kiwifarms.net
Save states in real life. youd basicly be able to just set a point in time and jump back to it at will but you only get 1 at a time, you could use it to predict the future and repeatedly win the lottery if you want infinite money or just do whatever dumb shit you wanted and then instantly undo it.

youd probably end up being pretty fucked up in the head eventually though if you over used it

Austrian Conscript 1915

133 days in Przemysl
kiwifarms.net
invulnerability. the logical extension of it is immortality since cells durable enough to withstand what Superman or Saitama can deal with are going to keep you hale and hearty against the ravages of time
being able to stop time the way you suggested is theoretically great but unless you can use it to build technology to extend your life, it won't give you as much time on the Earth. the reaper is the worst supervillain of all
I now friend do so an unlimited time. not really anything but immortality is not desirable. For when you were the rich among you should be the strength of time, etc., to stop you,

Unassuming Local Guy

Friendly and affectionate
kiwifarms.net
I like how almost every person so far has answered in the context of "which power would allow me to best the many enemies I have". Maybe it's just because I'm so unassuming, but on a day to day basis I'm more worried about things like my family and my health than fending off assailants with serpent logos on their helmets.

That said, time control. There's virtually nothing you can't do if you can freeze time. And if you can reverse it, you're pretty much guaranteed to be a millionaire.

F/lying Frankenstein

Confused Fanatic
kiwifarms.net
Hm? From the list, intangibility. Would be fun to intrude in restricted areas, leave buildings from unlikely places, open doors as little as possible, not pay any fare or train ticket, explore caves and underground places without fear of losing your way back...You just need to be subtle and careful when you do it.

Failing that, give me Accelerator's ability: Vector control. I mean, its quite a chore to calculate everything, but once you do...
Reflect bullets, light. Sneak attacks become jokes, nothing can really stand in front you...Quite the fun ability if you want to rampage.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The superpower to find peace and contentment instantly at will whenever I want.
So the one that is completely and utterly impossible and makes the "stop time and do whatever you want" thing look like a petty wish.

The superpower to be content. Nobody ever gets that.

Reactions: Iwasamwillbe
Tags
None