What is the best syntax to cast words to different parts of speech?

stares at error messages

kiwifarms.net
For example let's say I want to use American as a verb. As in, "I don't feel like americaning today". I think this is confusing and was to know what syntax should be used to make clean I want to use the verb usage of the work American. Another usage of this syntax could be when you want to use management as a noun. From the Green Volumes, "On the topic of correct a Management [...]".

Some suggestions
  • C style casting syntax: "(noun)Management" and "(verb)americaning" or "americaning(verb)".
  • as syntax: "(Management as noun)"
  • to_method() syntax: "Management.to_noun()"
I am open to your suggestions. I want to know which is the best.

Bad Gateway

Bаnking Regulator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Perhaps one of the most interesting words in the english language today, is the word fuck. out of all of the english words which begin with the letter f, fuck is the only word referred to as the "f" word, it's the one magical word. fuck as most words in the english language, is derived from german, the word "fricken", which means to strike. in english, fuck falls into many grammatical categories. As a transitive verb, for instance. john fuck-ed shirley. as an intransitive verb, shirley fucks. it's meaning's not always sexual; it can be used as an adjective, such as john's doing all the fuck-ing work. as part of an adverb, shirley talks too fuck-ing much. as an adverb enhancing an adjective, shirley is fuck-ing beautiful. as a noun, i don't give a fuck. as part of a word abso-fucking-lutely, or in-fucking-credible. and, as almost every word in the sentence, fuck the fuck-ing fuck-ers. As you must realize, there aren't too many words with the versatility of fuck. as in these examples describing situations such as fraud, i got fuck-ed at the used car lot. dismay, aw fuck it. trouble, i guess i'm really fuck-ed now. aggression, don't fuck with me buddy. difficulty, i don't understand this fuck-ing question. inquiry, who the fuck was that? dissatisfaction, i don't like what the fuck is going on here. incompetence, he's a fuck-off. dismissal, why don't you go outside and play hide-and-go-fuck yourself? I'm sure you can think of many more examples. with all these multi purpose applications, how can anyone be offended when you use the word? we say, use this unique, flexible word more often in your daily speech. it will identify the quality of your character immediately. say it loudly, and proudly! Fuck you!

Sack of Jawea

Can you queef with all the colors of the wind?
kiwifarms.net
For example let's say I want to use American as a verb. As in, "I don't feel like americaning today". I think this is confusing and was to know what syntax should be used to make clean I want to use the verb usage of the work American. Another usage of this syntax could be when you want to use management as a noun. From the Green Volumes, "On the topic of correct a Management [...]".

Some suggestions
  • C style casting syntax: "(noun)Management" and "(verb)americaning" or "americaning(verb)".
  • as syntax: "(Management as noun)"
  • to_method() syntax: "Management.to_noun()"
I am open to your suggestions. I want to know which is the best.
IDK what you're using this for or what you're really asking, but there is a part of speech tagging system called the Penn Treebank set that has a wide array of PoS tags to really break down your sentence: here

stares at error messages

kiwifarms.net
IDK what you're using this for or what you're really asking, but there is a part of speech tagging system called the Penn Treebank set that has a wide array of PoS tags to really break down your sentence: here
The reason for asking this is I have OCD and some times feel like I should be adding what part of speech works I write should be interpenetrated as. I feel like the C syntax is probably my favourite, but it might look too much like a LISP expression when read as pros. Usually I would prefer to have white-space agnostic parsing semantics. Using the C syntax breaks white-space agnostic parsing semantics. So, I was interesting in fielding ideas for other possible syntaxes.

One idea I had was to attach a header portion to all documents I right that include all definitions of words used in the succeeding English document. I found this to be too great a burden and it lead to me not writing anything. So as a tactical matter what ever convention is ultimately adopted should have a very low cost of implementation(transitive-verb). However, the C syntax does look a lot like algebraic multiplication syntax, so I may like using it better. Where one could actually start to state equations such as {working(present) = worked} or something like that when it comes to the selection of synonymous.

Dose this answer "IDK"?

Jemn Oopi

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel as if you aren't going far enough here.
For example, let's say I want to use "American" as a verb. As in, "I don't feel like Americaning today". I think this is confusing and want to know what syntax should be used to make clear I want to use the verb usage of the word "American".
You're eliding a step here. What you should be doing is something like:
1. American
2. American(verb)
3. American(verb)ing

Anyway, if you were writing in HTML rather than in BBCode, you could simply use the ruby element (just like hiragana explanations atop kanji):
<ruby>American<rt>verb</rt></ruby>ing

Another usage of this syntax could be when you want to use "management" as a noun.
I don't understand what you mean here. "Management" is a noun already.

Last edited: