What is the Point of the Internet - lmao it's just to call people fags and niggers

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

AnOminous

Only the kindest and friendliest of all Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seriously, is this the greatest invention since fire or is it the end of humanity? I'm leaning toward the latter perspective. Allowing every retard in the world with access to a keyboard is the biggest mistake we've ever made. It's like giving chimpanzees guns.

Look at the absolute shit results.

Speaking as an ancient nerd, we should have kept this to ourselves. Letting morons use the Internet has been a gigantic disaster. Look at the absolute morons, like troons, who now think their opinions actually matter.

The Mass Shooter Ron Soye

Catgirl Conversion Therapy
kiwifarms.net

Seriously, is this the greatest invention since fire or is it the end of humanity? I'm leaning toward the latter perspective. Allowing every retard in the world with access to a keyboard is the biggest mistake we've ever made. It's like giving chimpanzees guns.

Speaking as an ancient nerd, we should have kept this to ourselves. Letting morons use the Internet has been a gigantic disaster. Look at the absolute morons, like troons, who now think their opinions actually matter.
What's the fix? Maybe put in barriers to access, like the dark web, making it text-only, use HAM radios instead, etc.

The existing idiocy will not go away. Even removing protections from social media won't do it.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the fix? Maybe put in barriers to access, like the dark web, making it text-only, use HAM radios instead, etc.
There is no fix. We're stuck with this.

This is why you should always fear millennialistic predictions that X, Y, Z technological advances are going to fix things. They usually are going to make things worse. Neuromancer is a really good example of how advances in technology actually make things worse.

:gold:

kiwifarms.net
“There is simply no room left for 'freedom from the tyranny of government' since city dwellers depend on it for food, power, water, transportation, protection, and welfare. Your right to live where you want, with companions of your choosing, under laws to which you agree, died in the eighteenth century with Captain Mission. Only a miracle or a disaster could restore it.”

Just add the Internet to the list.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
“There is simply no room left for 'freedom from the tyranny of government' since city dwellers depend on it for food, power, water, transportation, protection, and welfare. Your right to live where you want, with companions of your choosing, under laws to which you agree, died in the eighteenth century with Captain Mission. Only a miracle or a disaster could restore it.”

Just add the Internet to the list.
Burroughs was right and this is why at the point nothing is worth anything any more, you just start shooting.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really do think it might be causing the apocalypse, it's simply too much power in the hands of too many people.

What seems to be happening is that everyone is being forced into groups that are diametrically opposed to one another, the negative stereotypes about people, ie blacks, Jews and gays I honestly think were not as much true in the past, but they're becoming more true by the day, when you network the masses of humanity, what you get is less individuality and more group think, ie people are encouraged to act more stereotypical, those that go against this are increasingly shunned, meaning more and more either fall in line or lack the power the group has.

All the worst stereotypes about people are being pushed and encouraged and it's breeding nothing but conflict, it's turning everyone into the worst version of themselves and making everyone a complete asshole.

It's happening to me too, I don't necessarily agree with everything that's said here, but I tried running in left wing circles online and being a more moderate voice and all I ever got was shit on by people, so here I am.

Everyone is being forced to pick a side and regardless of what you may dislike about your side, we're all being forced to overlook in the name of at least ensuring the other guys don't win.

It's incredibly dangerous stuff and I really do think it might lead to the biggest explosion of violence in human history, but even if it doesn't, the alternative could be just as bad or even worse, imagine a world where human beings cease to be human, no more individuality, no more artistic freedom, no actual meaning to anything anymore, everyone just goes through the motions, our minds colonized by the machine, everyone just becoming a cog in the machine and you're not even allowed to dream anymore.

I don't know what the solution is, it's the great paradox of mankind, creating technology is just what we do, from the stick to the rock to the gun to the ICBM, you couldn't have ever expected us to just stop innovating and yet we seem to have hit a dead end, it's Icarus syndrome.

Of course the answer may be obvious and simple, fascism, if the idiots can't listen to reason then we'll have to use violence to keep them in line, that sucks and is not pleasant, we've dreamed for a long time of a nicer world than that, but maybe that just isn't the way things could ever work, people are simply too stupid to play nice, violence is the only thing an idiot could ever understand.

But while that may preserve civilization, that Star Trek style dream would forever be dead, any way you slice it it really does look like bad days are ahead for mankind.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But while that may preserve civilization, that Star Trek style dream would forever be dead, any way you slice it it really does look like bad days are ahead for mankind.
Dude too many words, if you can compress it into a word or two it might convince someone otherwise it's just gonna be like dude, I'm not gonna read all that.

CAPTAIN MATI

kiwifarms.net

Fuck you.
Better for everyone to live through the hard truth and face the universal phantom of the human heart together or die trying, instead of just dying as punk bitches who were only out for an illusionary high of non-superiority.

ArnoldPalmer

kiwifarms.net
The post-2007 internet isn't the end of the world, it's just the end of society. Yes, I mean that. I've made this point a million times before, but the average person is extremely poorly conditioned for internet usage, and social media information vampirism being one of the largest industries on the planet is proof. The only reason people use that shit anymore is to find a thread they can get MATI about, or to take sepia photos of their McDonald's breakfast for upcummies.

All this narcissism isn't what the internet is for, but it completely destroyed it as a wellspring of information. Nothing but Huxleyan garbage information and people with "opinions" they're told are theirs by the newsmedia. It isn't the internet's fault so much as it is the fault of smartphones being affordable to the masses. There's nothing normalfaggots won't ruin, given a long enough timescale. The internet is just TV 2.0 now and there's nothing you can do about it.

Also the people who say this is the best time to be alive are the most naive midwit fucks to walk the face of the earth. Nothing says 'The best time to be alive' quite like being monitored every second of every day by not just your own devices, but everyone else's. The people who are okay with this get the bullet first, because they are the problem. Everything new isn't good just because it's new.

The worst part is that there's no natural solution to The Narcissistic New Normal. The world created a monster that plays into our deepest, most tempting, instincts, and rewards us with dopamine from an increasing number. You can't even escape it by going into the meatsphere anymore.

All this and I haven't even gone deep into the manufactured consent element of it all.

Last edited:

We Are The Witches

kiwifarms.net
If the population is not smart enough to use a wonderful tool like the Internet, then you have a bigger problem in your hands that will not be solved by restricting their access to it.

This is my opinion, you start by having a strong justice system based on basic morality and logical decision making, and proper education based on science an actual facts. Kids/teenagers should also be taught in depth subjects like formal/informal logic so that hopefully people have a foundation on how to think for themselves and recognizing when something is completely retarded.

It's amazing that I have to say that, but I still so many injustices that would not occur if the legal system was more competent, so at least have that. A more educated society would also may prevent the moronic takes on the Internet you're talking about from being taken seriously, or just outright refuted/shown how and why they're moronic publicly for everyone to see.

ArnoldPalmer

kiwifarms.net
This is my opinion, you start by having a strong justice system based on basic morality and logical decision making, and proper education based on science an actual facts. Kids/teenagers should also be taught in depth subjects like formal/informal logic so that hopefully people have a foundation on how to think for themselves and recognizing when something is completely retarded.

Boy do I have a bridge to sell you. If you're optimistic (naive) enough to believe that all people need is "a little common sense", then you're missing the forest through the trees, and likely farther gone down the ignorance hole than the people we're talking about.

:gold:

kiwifarms.net
I’m sure once we figure out how to build ansibles and we can send FTL messages, we will leave the current Internet and the cycle begins anew.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Boy do I have a bridge to sell you. If you're optimistic (naive) enough to believe that all people need is "a little common sense", then you're missing the forest through the trees, and likely farther gone down the ignorance hole than the people we're talking about.
Agreed, if it isn't obvious by this point how stupid and mean most people are, I don't know what to tell you.