What is the Point of the Internet - lmao it's just to call people fags and niggers

We Are The Witches

kiwifarms.net
Boy do I have a bridge to sell you. If you're optimistic (naive) enough to believe that all people need is "a little common sense", then you're missing the forest through the trees, and likely farther gone down the ignorance hole than the people we're talking about.
What I've said is just a very basic step, without that forget about everything else, you're bound for disaster.
Agreed, if it isn't obvious by this point how stupid and mean most people are, I don't know what to tell you.
You've talked about using fascism if people cannot listen to reason well enough, can you put a specific example? If you had the power what would you do, immediately censor the Internet or Social Media for a specific demographic/everyone, or just if they get out of line like you've said, or something else? When would you start using violence or any other punishment that extends beyond restricting their access to the Internet, and what would be "getting out of line"?
I want to imagine how would that play out.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What I've said is just a very basic step, without that forget about everything else, you're bound for disaster.

You've talked about using fascism if people cannot listen to reason well enough, can you put a specific example? If you had the power what would you do, immediately censor the Internet or Social Media for a specific demographic/everyone, or just if they get out of line like you've said, or something else? When would you start using violence or any other punishment that extends beyond restricting their access to the Internet, and what would be "getting out of line"?
I want to imagine how would that play out.
Fascism is maybe too harsh a word, all I would do is if people started getting violent in real life, like the riots last year, they would be stopped, if people broke the law, they would have to face the consequences.

People could moan and whine about it online all they want, I wouldn't try to censor the internet, but what we've seen happening in recent years is toxic ideas on the internet now spreading into reality, that's what we might need a crackdown on and the modern left would call that "fascism" anyway even if it's just simple rule of law, so why not just own the term?

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I heard it's a tool being used to centralize control.

But it can still be used to spread ideas that could never fly in corporate media - at least before 2020.

Also without the internet, "Arab Spring" may not have been a thing.

Luminous47

Not William Atchison
kiwifarms.net
To fill the void of our shitty existence by meanless social medias. Besides some of folks literally are so antisocial we cannot talk anywhere but on it.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude too many words, if you can compress it into a word or two it might convince someone otherwise it's just gonna be like dude, I'm not gonna read all that.
If you really want a tl;dr, social media is encouraging group think, encouraging people to act stereotypical and encouraging "us vs them" narratives.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Know what I'm not going to do? Be a fat bitch who complains that the internet is the end of the fucking world and everything is going to die.
Take a hike. Literally. It'll be healthy for you.
You sound upset. And gay, on top of that. Have you considered calming down, having sex, not seething, and coping?

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The post-2007 internet isn't the end of the world, it's just the end of society. Yes, I mean that. I've made this point a million times before, but the average person is extremely poorly conditioned for internet usage, and social media information vampirism being one of the largest industries on the planet is proof.
I've probably tard-rated you a million times but this is completely right. I think the Internet should have been restricted to being used by people like me. I'm absolutely un-ironic about that. I don't mean people who agree with me, I don't mean people of my skin color or whatever other retarded bullshit current Twittards and other disgusting people believe.

I would prefer that everyone I talk to online, whether for fun, truth, or just pure shitposting, has no identifiable race, gender, ethnicity, whatever. The only thing that is important is the thought itself, and its validity, or lack thereof. The person attached to it is irrelevant.

Now that's the rational view. Now I have my Kiwi view.

It's hilarious to watch a retard tard out in public, especially when they're of nominally normal IQ and had an actual choice about whether they wanted to be a retard in public. When the Internet first became a place, normies were told no, do not disclose personal information online, that's a bad idea, if you do that, every single person in the world can now steal your personal information, come to your house and rape and murder you, or even worse, MAKE FUN OF YOU.

But then we got millennials. These are the dumbest fucking generation that ever generated.

Gay_Frog

kiwifarms.net
To be fair the point of internet ( more specific any network of computers) is to change information to one point to another. It didn't change with going to nerds from college to going that is the shitshow of social-networks. I believe the question is why most people doesn't have good information to share?

Edit: And who incentive good information to come around?

ArnoldPalmer

kiwifarms.net

Your problem is in assuming that people don't have common sense, which isn't true. Common sense is common, but that doesn't mean it's being used, because that's not how you use social media. This clown society the internet's in, was no crime of confusion. It's not that people don't know better, is that the modern internet is not compatible with common sense. You have to be a sociopathic narcissist to exist on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, or Facebook.

What you're suggesting is a sane solution for an insane world. That's why you're naive. It's not a bad idea, so much as it is an empty gesture on the same level as bringing up gun control during the candlelight vigil for a school shooting.

Social Media was designed for the express purpose of evoking chimp behavior in people, while the companies responsible coyly "address" the problem by banning the very same broken people they created, and call it toxicity. It's psychological manipulation just as much as it is an information siphon.

I've probably tard-rated you a million times
Not as much as you think, but yes, the internet was always better when it was semi-anonymous, because you can afford to be honest. I've had better and more genuine conversations here than anywhere else on the internet in the past decade. We are the last holdout.

Last edited:

CAPTAIN MATI

kiwifarms.net
You sound upset. And gay, on top of that. Have you considered calming down, having sex, not seething, and coping?
Talking to yourself so soon? What, are you fucking schizo and a colossal fagot at the same time? Colossal because you're fat.
But don't worry about me. If I'll need cheap sex, I know your mom's address. Everybody does.

Billy Beer

kiwifarms.net
It's not the internet, it's the people.

Nobody seems to want to evolve or improve anymore. Being a dumb, retarded, cock sucking lemming is not only cool and in but also acceptable and desirable.

I believe we are seeing devolution of the human mind.

Florence

13/05/22
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really do think it might be causing the apocalypse, it's simply too much power in the hands of too many people.

What seems to be happening is that everyone is being forced into groups that are diametrically opposed to one another, the negative stereotypes about people, ie blacks, Jews and gays I honestly think were not as much true in the past, but they're becoming more true by the day, when you network the masses of humanity, what you get is less individuality and more group think, ie people are encouraged to act more stereotypical, those that go against this are increasingly shunned, meaning more and more either fall in line or lack the power the group has.

All the worst stereotypes about people are being pushed and encouraged and it's breeding nothing but conflict, it's turning everyone into the worst version of themselves and making everyone a complete asshole.

It's happening to me too, I don't necessarily agree with everything that's said here, but I tried running in left wing circles online and being a more moderate voice and all I ever got was shit on by people, so here I am.

Everyone is being forced to pick a side and regardless of what you may dislike about your side, we're all being forced to overlook in the name of at least ensuring the other guys don't win.

It's incredibly dangerous stuff and I really do think it might lead to the biggest explosion of violence in human history, but even if it doesn't, the alternative could be just as bad or even worse, imagine a world where human beings cease to be human, no more individuality, no more artistic freedom, no actual meaning to anything anymore, everyone just goes through the motions, our minds colonized by the machine, everyone just becoming a cog in the machine and you're not even allowed to dream anymore.

I don't know what the solution is, it's the great paradox of mankind, creating technology is just what we do, from the stick to the rock to the gun to the ICBM, you couldn't have ever expected us to just stop innovating and yet we seem to have hit a dead end, it's Icarus syndrome.

Of course the answer may be obvious and simple, fascism, if the idiots can't listen to reason then we'll have to use violence to keep them in line, that sucks and is not pleasant, we've dreamed for a long time of a nicer world than that, but maybe that just isn't the way things could ever work, people are simply too stupid to play nice, violence is the only thing an idiot could ever understand.

But while that may preserve civilization, that Star Trek style dream would forever be dead, any way you slice it it really does look like bad days are ahead for mankind.
words
words words words words
words words words
words words words words words
words words

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've probably tard-rated you a million times but this is completely right. I think the Internet should have been restricted to being used by people like me. I'm absolutely un-ironic about that. I don't mean people who agree with me, I don't mean people of my skin color or whatever other retarded bullshit current Twittards and other disgusting people believe.

I would prefer that everyone I talk to online, whether for fun, truth, or just pure shitposting, has no identifiable race, gender, ethnicity, whatever. The only thing that is important is the thought itself, and its validity, or lack thereof. The person attached to it is irrelevant.

Now that's the rational view. Now I have my Kiwi view.

It's hilarious to watch a retard tard out in public, especially when they're of nominally normal IQ and had an actual choice about whether they wanted to be a retard in public. When the Internet first became a place, normies were told no, do not disclose personal information online, that's a bad idea, if you do that, every single person in the world can now steal your personal information, come to your house and rape and murder you, or even worse, MAKE FUN OF YOU.

But then we got millennials. These are the dumbest fucking generation that ever generated.
The internet being regulated to desktops and laptops was enough of a gateway to keep most people away, society could have absolutely gone along fine if those were the only ways to use the internet.

It's smartphones and tablets that were the true Pandora's box that might literally bring about the end of human civilization.

Sometimes I wonder if there's something supernatural at work here though, I know that's crazy, but 2007, the year the iphone first came out, was also a year that there were a lot of cultural shifts, seemingly coincidently, but there's so many of them it almost seems like it wasn't just coincidence, it's like there was some spiritual shift or something weird.

words
words words words words
words words words
words words
Someone's mad at the internet!

DJ Grelle

mentally ill
kiwifarms.net
words
words words words words
words words words
words words
Dude too many words, if you can compress it into a word or two it might convince someone otherwise it's just gonna be like dude, I'm not gonna read all that.
>deep thoughts
what did you expect?

The internet as it was created was a method of accessing other universities' data and information and facilitating information exchange between researchers at departments hundreds if not thousands of KMs apart. The internet as it currently is is a cybernetic succubus feeding on the emotions of mankind, eternally trying to spread itself further through the ignorant submission of 99% of mankind. It is in the act of completely replacing spirituality, community and other sources of happiness and joy so that all its users become addicts to the shots of dopamine it uses to keep them submissive and ignorant. Almost the entire modern, western world depends on the internet and quite a lot of the developing world does as well. Often, the internet is the only option you have for important business and any paper alternatives are merely an intermediary as some clerk in an office punches in the numbers. Entertainment wise, the internet has no equal. The local school play is merely an ember to the wildfire that is all sorts of streaming. Commercial activities are also more and more internet based. Almost all transactions already slip through the internets fingers, except for cash. Goods are more and more delivered to the door, and while it might seem that its done by humans we all know that door-to-door delivery in its current state would be impossible without the internet.

The internet is Typhon, born from the earth and ready to battle Zeus, mankind's archetype as master of its own fate, over the final destiny of the world. It is Jormungardr, the world-snake, biting it's tail as it encircles the world.

If the internet is victorious, then the cyberpunk dystopia is finally complete and happiness will be crushed to be replaced by fleeting highs in the burned-out dopamine receptors of it's spiritual slaves. If mankind manages to escape its all-crushing grip, then there is hope for true happiness, content and calm.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The internet is Typhon, born from the earth and ready to battle Zeus, mankind's archetype as master of its own fate, over the final destiny of the world. It is Jormungardr, the world-snake, biting it's tail as it encircles the world.

If the internet is victorious, then the cyberpunk dystopia is finally complete and happiness will be crushed to be replaced by fleeting highs in the burned-out dopamine receptors of it's spiritual slaves. If mankind manages to escape its all-crushing grip, then there is hope for true happiness, content and calm.
Typhon was a Titan of wind, among other things, right? Wind aka air, we access the internet through the air, I remember in 2010 when I bought my first smartphone at the Verizon store I saw the slogan "rule the air" which struck me as an odd sounding phrase even at the time.

Meanwhile Satan is described as the " prince of the power of the air" and Satan is associated with the serpent in the Garden of Eden who tempted Adam and Eve into gaining knowledge, which threw them out of paradise, much like the internet and it's knowledge has shattered the world we grew up in, which seems like paradise compared to now.

Supposedly the age of Aquarius just started this year, which is also associated with the wind.

Typhon was also described as having serpents on his body and you also compare the internet to Jormungardr, again, another serpent.

What were the ancients trying to tell us? It's freaky, the parallels with all this stuff.

DJ Grelle

mentally ill
kiwifarms.net
Typhon was a Titan of wind, among other things, right? Wind aka air, we access the internet through the air, I remember in 2010 when I bought my first smartphone at the Verizon store I saw the slogan "rule the air" which struck me as an odd sounding phrase even at the time.

Meanwhile Satan is described as the " prince of the power of the air" and Satan is associated with the serpent in the Garden of Eden who tempted Adam and Eve into gaining knowledge, which threw them out of paradise, much like the internet and it's knowledge has shattered the world we grew up in, which seems like paradise compared to now.

Supposedly the age of Aquarius just started this year, which is also associated with the wind.

Typhon was also described as having serpents on his body and you also compare the internet to Jormungardr, again, another serpent.

What were the ancients trying to tell us? It's freaky, the parallels with all this stuff.
Typhon was a giant, and is best known for being the god-slayer that challenged zeus, in some myths almost winning. After his defeat he would become the father of destructive storms.

The concept of snakes is a very interesting one because depending on the mythology it can mean different things. Although I have been told that the rod of asclepius actually doesnt have snakes, but a different animal. I'm not sure of that.
Generally tho, snakes are associated with a) the earth b) evil/corruption c) chaos. All throughout mythology and theology the concept of an evil snake keeps reappearing, which then is smited by a hero/god. Apollo and the python of delphi. Thor and Jormungardr. Zeus and Typhon. St. George and the dragon. Beowulf, Heracles, Siegfried. I'm not an expert on eastern (indo-european) mythologies but parallels probably can be drawn as well there.

Air/sky on the other hand is often connected with the sun, good, order etc etc. Apollo was the god of the sun and the sky. Thor of thunder. etc etc. Maybe it is meant in a way of perversion of the abilities of the bringers of order?

I'm not an expert in astrology so I'll ask a friend what the thinks about the age of aquarius.

Generally tho, the ancient myths are just that bit too correct to be just mere coincidence. They're also waaay to complicated to be a mere supernatural explanation of natural events. (e.g. the sun moves because its apollos chariot). In the same vein I think the Mayans were absolutely right and an era ended in 2012. It wasn't the flashy end of the world like hollywood likes to depict, but something far more insidious.

It certainly is worth it just to take a step back sometimes, to step away from the internet and all distractions and just contemplate life when out in nature. You don't have to become an ascetic who fasts fourty days (I'd even advice against it). Even if its only an hour spent in nature with no distractions, it is certainly worth it.