What is the purpose of doxing? -

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Eliminating anonymity is the main reason I see. Giving people (i.e. potential dates or employers) who google ratkings or lolcows the ability to read up on the actual person is sort of a public service. Giving online communities a way to shame consistently disruptive members away from posting is a secondary and much less important reason.
These reasons are all well and good, but the reason the Kiwis who like doxing people generally do it is because it's fun.

YayLasagna

Cuddly Spacebug
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These reasons are all well and good, but the reason the Kiwis who like doxing people generally do it is because it's fun.
Honestly at this point I also think a lot do it because people here just assume a dox is a needed thing. I've lost count of how many new threads within the past 6 months had a response from someone that was along the lines of "okay OP but can we have dox tho that's very very important." Aside from a cow being something like an active sexual predator or some other form of offline lunacy I don't think, from what I observed anyways, people dox so much as it's fun as they do just because it's "a Kiwi Farms thing."

I guess the point is that when it came to people like Chris or Ambrlynn, their doxes gave better insight to how they lived. As more cows get put online though, it turns out that a lot of them lead fairly mundane lives and nothing is really learned. At most you get a couple angry tweets, and if you're very lucky you get an epic chimpout, but the latter is exceptionally rare anymore compared to the former.

• Optimistic
Reactions: zedkissed60

Billy Rocker

Teaching 13 year olds about incognito mode
kiwifarms.net
Doxing faces, addresses, phone numbers and more private real life stuff like that, imo, is only funny when it works to reel in dumbass weens to do retarded shit like egging some lolcow's house, do dumb phone calls, making cum tributes, etc.
Case in point:

Mod edit: not actually Chris' house.

Last edited by a moderator:

Julias_Seizure2

Puts the rave in depraved
kiwifarms.net
I kinda think it should be reserved for the people who really deserve it like the idea guys or zoosadists since they've gone above and beyond to earn their doxings. Kinda cheapens it when every weirdo who can possibly be doxed is

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: cuddle striker

Kaiser Aura

Cycle Shamer Extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
I view a dox as a necessary evil. It helps to unblur the line between internet and real life. Once someone is doxxed it's kind of a warning shot to watch what they say. Not that anyone would actually show up to their house, but now their actions could potentially have real life repercussions on their personal life by way of being exposed to their friends, family, or employer of this alternate persona that exists online.

If you have nothing to hide or firmly believe in what you do, a dox is harmless. If you behave in a way that would make you ashamed to go out IRL and interact with your peers, lose respect IRL, or lose your job, it's devastating.

• Agree
Reactions: cuddle striker

a6h51

kiwifarms.net
Because it works. I only dox antifa who call for violence. If you are actively harming people from behind a cloak of anonymity, you deserve whatever you get. Including having methed out neonazis hunt you physically.
That's fair enough imo. Antifa are just as bad as Neo Nazis, and a lot of Anti fascists are communists, so it's just as much filthy statism as the other side.

• Feels
Reactions: Rafal Gan Ganowicz

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because it works. I only dox antifa who call for violence. If you are actively harming people from behind a cloak of anonymity, you deserve whatever you get. Including having methed out neonazis hunt you physically.
did the neonazis as well. send them all to each other's houses so the rest of us can relax

Tags
None