What is the worst thing about the left?

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

What is worst about the left?

• They ruin comedy

Votes: 33 6.9%
  • Transgender agenda

Votes: 41 8.6%
  • Everything is forced to become biased

Votes: 29 6.1%
  • Ruins traditions

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Left wing core values run against human nature

Votes: 51 10.6%
  • They are evil

Votes: 27 5.6%
  • No room for truth

Votes: 36 7.5%
  • They pretend to be victims while in power

Votes: 102 21.3%
  • They will doom us all

Votes: 20 4.2%
  • I don't want to be gulagged

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • They intend to genocide white people

Votes: 23 4.8%
  • Uhhh I am left wing, plz no bully

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • They are bootlickers to authority

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • The left is gay

Votes: 48 10.0%

• Total voters

Lemmingwise

They're always yapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is a good thread up about
Why do you lean left:

Let's talk about the inverse. What is it about the left that makes you reactionary against them?

What is it about the left that makes you angry? That riles you up?

If you wore a viking helmet and had poor impulse control, what would make you storm the capitol?

I've asked some friends and put it in the poll, but feel free to add reasons why the modern left is the fucking worst.

ditto

kiwifarms.net
Let's talk about the inverse. What is it about the left that makes you reactionary against them?
Because the time to indulge in the constant stream of new ideas and causes is finite. Modern leftism is just a constant churn of causes and conflicts and lots of new rules. This is why leftism is so appealing to the very young; it's constantly stimulating and new.
When you have a job, mortgage, responsibilities etc.. and you just want to grill, the constant stream of demands has no appeal.

the fall of man

thorns will take the earth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine wanting to have sex with a woman, but due to the fact that women don’t like you and a complicated set of rules, you cut off your penis and wololo all day about privilege. You‘ve completely failed at your objective, nobody understands what you’re saying, and you will never be happy or a real woman,

This is leftism

Lemmingwise

They're always yapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Their identity politics.

Everybody is placed in specific boxes and you're required to think, act, and be this thing because you're X, Y or Z.

It's identity first, character second.
This is one of the few things I respect about the left. They know who they are (politically). What to fight for. The right has an identity crisis and it's why though they win some battles, they lose every war.

The right has to resolve its identity crisis to stand a chance against the left.

I think yours is a good take why unaligned/ moderates are against the left, but I think you'll each move from that position once something you love dearly becomes verboten, as it inevitably will.

Syaoran Li

That 50's Show
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The identity politics, the pretentious pseudo-intellectualism, the "No Fun Allowed" mentality, and the brutal moral authoritarian streak on par with a 17th Century Puritan mixed with a petty spiteful revanchist streak on par with a spoiled psychotic child.

There's a lot to hate about the Left.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I'm not even sure where to begin answering that question because there is so much.

I think if I had to sum it up in one general term, its hypocrisy.

-They claim to be freedom fighters, but they want to censor everybody and force everyone to follow their rules.
-They call those they dislike Nazis, even though they are the modern day book burners and try to silence and censor everything they disagree with.
-They claim to be the rebels, but then want us to fully submit to the will of the state and do what we're told in all scenarios.
-They say they want to question and critique everything, but don't like it when that critical eye is turned on them.
-They call people they don't like racists, but then express open hatred for whites and will call PoCs that don't fall in line the most racist shit I've ever heard in my life. (Case in point, apparently Cubans are just dirty whites now)
-They claim the 2016 election was stolen and went on and on about it for 4 years and even got their investigation, but when the 2020 election had some discrepancies in the data, they wanted everyone to shut up and just accept it.
-They claim they want to elevate marginalized people, but then don't want them to be held to the same high standard (meaning, its okay to call a Michael Bay movie a pile of shit every which way till Sunday, and women and PoCs should get the same opportunities he does, but DONT YOU DARE mock that Ghostbusters movie!)
-They claim they want peace, but then speak with violent rhetoric and wish death on people they dislike (and the more violent ones take it even further than that).

It all boils down to hypocrisy. If the left wasn't full of insufferable hypocrites, they'd have no movement. Not saying the right doesn't have any hypocrites (I'm an Independent by the way) but what the left has turned into is just a 3 ring circus, and the politicians and all of media have gone out of their way to pander to this group of vocal whack jobs who are either assholes, completely insane, or both.

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Glamorous Summertime
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is one of the few things I respect about the left. They know who they are (politically). What to fight for. The right has an identity crisis and it's why though they win some battles, they lose every war.

The right has to resolve its identity crisis to stand a chance against the left.

I think yours is a good take why unaligned/ moderates are against the left, but I think you'll each move from that position once something you love dearly becomes verboten, as it inevitably will.
I understand respecting one's identity. Lord knows the Right likes to lump people in categories as well.

The issue however, is using their identity as a shield or weapon against people.

Lemmingwise

They're always yapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I understand respecting one's identity. Lord knows the Right likes to lump people in categories as well.

The issue however, is using their identity as a shield or weapon against people.
I'm not talking about respecting identity, I'm talking about how identity unites.

The only reason why the left can use it as shield and weapon is because it is a rallying cry. When Kevin Spacey says he's gay it is a rallying cry. He belongs to their identity and will be defended simply for that, no matter his wrongdoing.

It is absolutely abysmal that that is the level of decorum, but when it is, every group that plays more politely will lose by not being as ruthless.

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net
As @ditto mentioned, there's a constant (and seemingly accelerationist) drive on the left to constantly "progress", even if it's down slippery slopes, but I think there's 5 things that really bother me, more than anything else -

• The droning obsession with everything being a social construct, and how "truth is subjective, ackshually!"
  • Seemingly bone-deep hatred of science, the scientific method, while shilly insisting that "the science is settled!" on a variety of topics, which is impossible, based on WHAT science is, and does
  • The nonstop redefinition of words and phrases to enable motte and bailey bullshit (I.E. - the constant conflation of "sex" and "gender", which have specific, highly relevant meanings, respectively)
  • The mindless refusal to grasp that the overreach they demand today is not just going to strip their ideological opponents of rights, it's going to fuck everyone
  • The constant and unending proselytization of communism, coupled with insane goalpost-moving and apologetics for previous examples of communism
The whole "it's a social construct" bullshit is really irritating, especially when dealing with concepts like math; there's no getting around the objective truth that 2 objects added to 2 identical objects leads to a new total of 4 objects. No amount of screeching "Math is a social construct changes that", and no amount of altering the equation makes 2 + 2 = Some other amount than 4, because even when using different notations, it can be converted back to 2 + 2 = 4. The language we use to describe mathematical concepts is a "social construct", in the sense that language is constructed socially. but definitions and consensus about definitions are necessary, if we're going to continue pretending that we're anything more than hairless apes.

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net
The volume of corporate evangilism.

You will never see a vocally radical leftist who isn't either a tone deaf consoomer or merely using corporate messages to justify extreme ideals.

Especially the unironic corporate fellatio and consooming, immediately followed by screaming about how we need an immediate and total communist revolution. They really don't understand you can have the ability to consoom, or you can have communism, and not both.

TFT-A9

Swiggity swooty.
kiwifarms.net
The idpol bullshit they've happily embraced to bludgeon people with
The gross hypocrisy they display
Their complete and total blindness to the fact that most of their problems are their own damn fault
Their inability to stop politicizing absolutely fucking EVERYTHING
Their inability to just leave people the fuck alone