JambledUpWords

Gorl who loves orange chicken
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Examples include:
  • Wholesome memes
  • “This gave me faith in humanity”
  • Moments of people broadcasting what good thing they did for someone
I’m not saying all of this is bad, but rather odd. Social media such as Twitter and Reddit love to show these types of things, yet breed some of the most mephitic communities as well. Do you think this trend says anything important about where things are headed?

BigRuler

lmao bottom text
kiwifarms.net
its just another symptom of the same faggotry that is at the core of social media culture. i have a hard time describing it accurately, it's the same thing that makes people talk about "spreading positivity", "giving support", "starting a journey" and a bunch of other meaningless fluffy-sounding buzzwords that social media normies seem to love for some reason

JambledUpWords

Gorl who loves orange chicken
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just because you're a misanthrope doesn't mean everyone else is
I never implied that. The point I am getting to here is that some of the same people who just love “wholesomeness” are also the same people that will “cancel” you for the slightest infraction. It makes the wholesome aspect seem disingenuous at that point.

WinterMoonsLight

J'ai une âme solitaire
kiwifarms.net
It's people wanting complete strangers to give them attention and validation. They might not feel like a good person, so they post stories and pictures of people doing good things, that generates views and clicks, which generates people responding positively, which allows the original poster to vicariously feel validated for "spreading kindness and love" despite doing absolutely nothing themselves.

Tryphaena

Not like the other people here in the trailer park
kiwifarms.net
My theory would be that the world is in such a fucked up state and you constantly see news stories about awful shit happening. And many things (pictures, stories, videos etc.) are often vulgar just for the sake of vulgarity. It's probably a nice escape for some. Seeing cutesy pictures and cheery stories that may or may not be real. Though, some people do contain themselves in a bubble with said "wholesome" material and become oversensitive faggots.

I like fucked up shit but I can understand why some people get attached to their warm, fuzzy things.

saisegeha

motel money buffet madness
kiwifarms.net
  • Wholesome memes
People may have had a bad day, or have been treated bad, so they wanna look at something that feels wholesome.

• “This gave me faith in humanity”
Just exceptional, really.

• Moments of people broadcasting what good thing they did for someone

Social validation and virtue signaling. "Oh my god guys look, I'm such a good person!!!!!!".
Genuine good deeds are done without anything expected in return, so all of that stuff is bullshit.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino