JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Examples include:
  • Wholesome memes
  • “This gave me faith in humanity”
  • Moments of people broadcasting what good thing they did for someone
I’m not saying all of this is bad, but rather odd. Social media such as Twitter and Reddit love to show these types of things, yet breed some of the most mephitic communities as well. Do you think this trend says anything important about where things are headed?

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just because you're a misanthrope doesn't mean everyone else is
I never implied that. The point I am getting to here is that some of the same people who just love “wholesomeness” are also the same people that will “cancel” you for the slightest infraction. It makes the wholesome aspect seem disingenuous at that point.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
It's people wanting complete strangers to give them attention and validation. They might not feel like a good person, so they post stories and pictures of people doing good things, that generates views and clicks, which generates people responding positively, which allows the original poster to vicariously feel validated for "spreading kindness and love" despite doing absolutely nothing themselves.

Tryphaena

Rex cries after he ejaculates
kiwifarms.net
My theory would be that the world is in such a fucked up state and you constantly see news stories about awful shit happening. And many things (pictures, stories, videos etc.) are often vulgar just for the sake of vulgarity. It's probably a nice escape for some. Seeing cutesy pictures and cheery stories that may or may not be real. Though, some people do contain themselves in a bubble with said "wholesome" material and become oversensitive faggots.

I like fucked up shit but I can understand why some people get attached to their warm, fuzzy things.

saisegeha

motel money buffet madness
kiwifarms.net
  • Wholesome memes
People may have had a bad day, or have been treated bad, so they wanna look at something that feels wholesome.

• “This gave me faith in humanity”
Just exceptional, really.

• Moments of people broadcasting what good thing they did for someone

Social validation and virtue signaling. "Oh my god guys look, I'm such a good person!!!!!!".
Genuine good deeds are done without anything expected in return, so all of that stuff is bullshit.

Autocrat

Fascist Emperor God-King
kiwifarms.net
Context would help. Post screens and let's give commentary.
I have an idea of the type of meme I think you're talking about, but I'd like to see for sure.

Brave the World had a really good video (ignoring presentation aspect) analyzing this.

I picture this girl saying all of this in a closet of an illegal whore house in a crackhead neighborhood.

Shut up and take your clothes off, slut.

Tags
None