What is your absolute dystopia? - You don't need to tell me, I already know....I am watching you and I know what's best for you.....

SuudsuAddict

kiwifarms.net
The current trends that are turning Western civilization into a sterile totalitarian hugbox are like watching a train wreck in slow motion. What makes it worse is there seems to be more collaboration between government, corporate, and activist forces. For example:

There’s a rise in surveillance and regulations. This urge to micromanage and dictate everything people do. Whether it’s through censorship or bans, it just seems like anything that pisses off the elites, minorities, or activists will get cracked down on. They go overboard with regulations and try to make laws for nearly anything to the point where these laws defy common sense and ethics.

The fact that corporations are doing this on behalf of governments and activists makes this even more disturbing to me. I think of it as privatized totalitarianism. Why go through all the trouble to legislate things you hate when you can just have a powerful multinational corporation do the same thing for free?

There’s a rise in tribalism. If this is what passes for multiculturalism, then I think it sucks. Nowadays, minorities and immigrants are encouraged to live in their own separate enclaves. Not only that, but they’re encouraged to hate whites, dissenters within their own societies, and any hatred they have for each other is completely ignored by elites and activists. Even harmless cultural diffusion is condemned and discouraged as “cultural appropriation.” In a way, it’s like a backdoor, soft version of segregation.

This tribalism extends to feminism and LGBT of course. Women, especially white women, are encouraged to hate men. Likewise, homosexuals and transgendered people are given disproportionate amounts of influence over our culture these days.

This tribalism has a nihilistic streak to it. Women, minorities, and immigrants are being told they can censor, ban, and erase anything that offends them. They can erase and/or rewrite history to their liking. It’s like a low-scale Cultural Revolution.

Then there’s the rabid conformism and anti-intellectualism that is pushed onto minorities and immigrants. They’re not allowed to question their group’s culture. They do the same things they ironically accuse rural white conservatives of doing. It’s even worse that it’s rationalized as being progressive somehow.

This combination of inverted totalitarianism and multiculturalism is creating a divided society that discourages and punishes thinking. In a way, I find this more unnerving than Islam and communism, because it came about gradually. Either through consent or apathy, the West is letting totalitarian forces push for increased censorship, collectivism, historical negationism, and thought policing. If this Western inverted totalitarianism were to incorporate anything like social credit, then it will get worse. Speaking of China, their abundance of anomie is disturbing and something we need to prevent.

Last edited:

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The world we're almost certainly about to get
Also have you ever noticed how there aren't many really colorful people in the modern world? How standing out is always "cringe" or "cringey?" The modern world is a bland conformist dystopia.

there seems to be more collaboration between government, corporate, and activist forces
Reminds me of the (conspiracy?) theory that the ultimate "endgame" of the elite is to turn the rest of humanity into a Borg-like* -- yet atomized -- slave class. The theory goes that work towards this goal really took off since WW2, and mass media and the internet play a big role. If this theory is true, one can only hope any God out there will intervene soon to stop this. Otherwise there would be no hope left, as humanity would likely be engineered to be unable to resist such an endless technocracy.

Either way, the world really is getting more dark and hopeless with each new decade. As I said in another thread, first there was the modern world. Then the modern, post-9/11 world. Then the modern, post-9/11, post-recession Clown World. Now it's the modern, post-9/11, post-recession, post coronavirus Clown World.

*(The once widely promoted 1968 book, "The Prometheus Project" by scientist Gerald Feinberg, proposed "collective consciousness.")

Last edited:

SuudsuAddict

kiwifarms.net
Also have you ever noticed how there aren't many really colorful people in the modern world? How standing out is always "cringe" or "cringey?" The modern world is a bland conformist dystopia.
I have. It's okay to be diverse, but not different. What do I mean by that? If you're superficially diverse in some way, like being gay or black, but you still fit in, then that's considered good. However, if you think for yourself regardless of what walk of life you're from, then that's bad.
Either way, the world really is getting more dark and hopeless with each new decade. As I said in another thread, first there was the modern world. Then the modern, post-9/11 world. Then the modern, post-9/11, post-recession Clown World. Now it's the modern, post-9/11, post-recession, post coronavirus Clown World.
It really is a clown world. I hope we're wrong, because I'd love to see things get better. Who knows? When we're in our 60s or 70s, maybe the newest generations will reject the shit from this part of the century. I hope so!

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's okay to be diverse, but not different.
Maybe the "melting pot" isn't such a good idea now.

What do you get when you melt different stuff together?

A bland homogeneous mess.

This isn't supporting segregation though. What I mean is, the modern world forces all sorts of different people to live together in a mechanistic atomizing urban "rat race" complex "society" with no real community. Everyone has to conform to excess rules and social norms for such a "society" to work. As a result, it seems every Westernized modern city is pretty much like every other -- at least in North America. Very Borg-like.

Last edited:

Garm

kiwifarms.net
Brave New World. They have completely destroyed what it means to be human and have no way to fight it because they don't know any different.

1984 always made me wonder if a severe enough natural disasters happened, how would the party react? "Oh yes sir, your house has always been underwater."

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
The entire world becoming like the third world, which is exactly what will happen if the libtards get their way.

They may dream of some totalitarian Brave New World where they have absolute control over humanity, but the truth is such a society would be dismantled by chaos pretty quick which is what will happen if they keep importing third worlders into the first world, they take the third world with them, that's not a nice thing to say but it's true.

It's counterintuitive that they desire such absolute control but keep importing Muslim terrorists and wanting open borders with cartel filled countries, but it's clear that the elites of the world are ironically idiots that don't know what the hell they're doing, they're too up their own asses to actually understand reality.

So picture the entire globe being like Syria, Africa, parts of south America, just one great big slum.

Baguette Child

so tender and mild
kiwifarms.net
Also have you ever noticed how there aren't many really colorful people in the modern world?
This is something I think about a lot.

Look at decades like the 70s and 80s. Yeah, yeah- We like to mock the garish fashion, loud colors for everything, and wacky as fuck hairstyles. But you can't deny that back then people had *flavor*. There were so many different competing aesthetics that it gave the entirety of those decades a unique style and flavor all their own.

Now, in the modern age, everything has to be drab and bland. Everything has to look like everything else. Even what passes as "counterculture" in 2020 is mundane and ordinary, because you're a "tryhard" or "cringey" if you don't perfectly conform to definitions even within counterculture.

For me, this is dystopian. Humanity is so boring and safe and plain that we lack real flavor or identity even while we march around proclaiming the gains we've made for individualism.

Vlinny Chan

I am falling~ I am fading~ I have lost it all~
kiwifarms.net
A world that changes so rapidly that anything that is considered popular at 8am is then considered tired and old by 6pm. What lies ahead just hours from the present is uncertain. For this reason, people stop thinking ahead and live in a perpetual state of "going with the flow" and blindly follow the crowd in pratically all matters in life be it what to have for lunch, what shows to watch on tv, any opinions, when to go to bed, etc. Anybody that sees or does diffirent is seen so negatively by the "crowd" that the dissenter is seen as dangerous, which leads to mass harassment and ruining that persons life or just killing them. The killers get away scott free due to law enforcement also being a part of this "crowd." All borders, nations, religious groups, cultures, ethnic labels, and even sex and sexual orentation is no more as """""all of humanity""""" is now equal as everyone is a world citizen that abide by laws enforced by a small handful of billionare Jews that own and control everything. These world laws are somewhat vauge but bureaucratic and many, and are changed and added to daily. Everyone accepts this and follows these laws without question and openly snitch on all known law breakers (except for the mob rule scenario I described earlier). Everyone is chipped and watched 24/7. All food products are "medicated" and people are only allowed to eat this "medicated" food and drink, which they do so willingly. Work is a punishment, rather than a necessity because every law abiding world citizen has every need taken care of by mommy Jew government where daily life consist of wake up, phone, eat, phone, tv, snack, phone, eat, phone, phone, and sleep. Those that eventually break the law are rounded up and sent to factories to help provide for the cushy lifestyle of the modern age. Work conditions are poor and quotas will be met lest they get "reassigned." Difficulty of the work and time spent at these factories depends on the crime. About 2/3rds of the world (or more or less idk) would have to be "working" at a time in order to fufill the demands of the "free" world citizens, hence the vauge laws and constant law changes. The police would be a special case. In order to protect their masters, they would have to have undying loyalty to them unlike that of the sheep populace. This is achieved through raising them from birth in privledged living conditions and trained nothing but to love the world government and it's glorious reign and how to fight tooth and nail for them. They are their gods, while for comparison the rest of the world just willingly accept their rule.

There is no concept of past or future because of how fast paced everything is. Because there is no concept of the future, nobody has to prepare or plan for anything, which makes everyone stupid and lazy. They only know to do the world government's bidding, follow the crowd, and consume. Because they have no concept of the past, theres no history to learn from, which makes everyone stupid and lazy. This ensures that anyone that had any issue with the way things are (which of course are countless) fail miserably at any attemp to change things or just forget about it and move on when the next best thing gets their attention. Just another meaningless day living their meaningless lives. No goals. No heritage. No accomplishments. No soul or spice. Just a blur of a life and then it's gone suddenly, and everyone will be too preoccupied with keeping up with the latest trends in their comfy bubbles to even care.

JambledUpWords

Thin privilege is real y’all
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • No Walmart
  • No more Reese’s
  • No Cheesecake Factory
  • Can’t walk for more than two minutes
  • Showers only once a month
  • No Destiny
  • No Twinkie
  • No Animal Crossing
  • No Danielle Steel novels
  • Having to cook all food from scratch
  • No microwaves
  • No McDonald’s
  • No journals
  • No Torrid
  • No Ross
  • No Target
  • No 5 Below
  • No TJ Maxx
  • No malls
I’m already suffering, but every minute I feel the suffering of others. I cried at least 20 minutes for other people’s suffering

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
This is something I think about a lot.

Look at decades like the 70s and 80s. Yeah, yeah- We like to mock the garish fashion, loud colors for everything, and wacky as fuck hairstyles. But you can't deny that back then people had *flavor*. There were so many different competing aesthetics that it gave the entirety of those decades a unique style and flavor all their own.

Now, in the modern age, everything has to be drab and bland. Everything has to look like everything else. Even what passes as "counterculture" in 2020 is mundane and ordinary, because you're a "tryhard" or "cringey" if you don't perfectly conform to definitions even within counterculture.

For me, this is dystopian. Humanity is so boring and safe and plain that we lack real flavor or identity even while we march around proclaiming the gains we've made for individualism.
Somewhere along the way American culture became really cynical and hyper critical, it loved to mock everything that tried to be unironically "cool" and thus gave rise to the hipster mentality where the only way to be cool is to have a cynical detachment and sneering disdain for everything.

I first noticed this around the time of The Matrix sequels where people suddenly said that they always hated the Matrix and mocked it's earnest attempts at being "cool"

Irony has been beaten to death and it's definitely time for a return to authenticity in the culture, no more snark, no more post modern "subversion of expectations" just good old fashioned coolness and earnestness.

Dustlord

Homoerotic fascist
kiwifarms.net
Imagine a country where mental illness is celebrated rather than treated, people identify more with the products and/or media they consume than their families, hurting feelings is criminalized, diversity in appearance and outward expression are valued but diversity in thought and inward expression are shunned, and so on. Basically if the majority of the internet was a real country and culture.

That's my dystopia.

Last edited:

SuudsuAddict

kiwifarms.net
Maybe the "melting pot" isn't such a good idea now.

What do you get when you melt different stuff together?

A bland homogeneous mess.

This isn't supporting segregation though. What I mean is, the modern world forces all sorts of different people to live together in a mechanistic atomizing urban "rat race" complex "society" with no real community. Everyone has to conform to excess rules and social norms for such a "society" to work. As a result, it seems every Westernized modern city is pretty much like every other -- at least in North America. Very Borg-like.
Personally, I would say our society is more like a stew pot than a melting pot. We're full of assorted chunks that float together but don't mix.

I see what you're saying though. Robert Crumb once described modern America as a "bleak corporate monoculture." Despite all the clamoring for diversity, modern America has developed a disturbing anti-individualist streak this past decade.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"bleak corporate monoculture."
At least in other modern places, there's still some traditional cultures left. Latin America has a variety of Latin American ways and traditions, like Puerto Rican salsa music or the Mexican Day of the Dead. Japanese have traditional culture that lives on to this day, like the yukata and sushi. Hell, even in Europe there's some old ways still around, like old castles and festivals.

But America has no old traditional ways for the most part -- it's just a bland "corporate monoculture" like that quote says. The buildings are always modern and corporate. Even the sidewalks are usually just bland cement squares (in Europe they can be in interesting patterns). Clothing is always advertising something with a message or logo. Food is just processed food and fast food, basic stuff, or "exotic" but foreign. "Festivals" are just "technology-saturated" events people just happen to gather for.* Mainstream churches are always like concerts in auditoriums with video. Stadiums and parks (which are always bland sports fields) are named after corporations. It seems there's nothing to do but shop or eat out**, and people like CWC consider malls "high culture." Cities revolve around the car, like giant strip malls.

If some global disaster wiped out the modern world, at least other places still have some traditions going to fall back on. America would have to invent new traditions from scratch.

*(When I went to a 4th of July festival, it was very isolating and modern: people stuck to themselves, plenty of police on standby in case anything happened, the only food was junk food, and during the fireworks they played crappy patriotic pop songs.)

**(before coronapanic struck that is)

edit to add: After reading the replies, this stuff about America may only apply to certain urbanized parts of the country.

Last edited:

SuudsuAddict

kiwifarms.net
But America has no old traditional ways for the most part
Old Stock Americans actually gave our country a unique cultural identity. Love or hate them, so did the South. And ethnic whites. I still agree with you and Baguette Child though, that American culture is soulless, homogenized garbage. One thing that used to make American society work was cultural assimilation. In addition to the tribalism I ranted about earlier, it seems like the only reason American whites have no culture, according to the left, is because those same people saying we have no culture (again, the left) won't let us, and don't want us, to have one.

My absolute dystopia is Britain, lol

At least in other modern places, there's still some traditional cultures left. Latin America has a variety of Latin American ways and traditions, like Puerto Rican salsa music or the Mexican Day of the Dead. Japanese have traditional culture that lives on to this day, like the yukata and sushi. Hell, even in Europe there's some old ways still around, like old castles and festivals.

But America has no old traditional ways for the most part -- it's just a bland "corporate monoculture" like that quote says. The buildings are always modern and corporate. Even the sidewalks are usually just bland cement squares (in Europe they can be in interesting patterns). Clothing is always advertising something with a message or logo. Food is just processed food and fast food, basic stuff, or "exotic" but foreign. "Festivals" are just "technology-saturated" events people just happen to gather for.* Mainstream churches are always like concerts in auditoriums with video. Stadiums and parks (which are always bland sports fields) are named after corporations. It seems there's nothing to do but shop or eat out**, and people like CWC consider malls "high culture." Cities revolve around the car, like giant strip malls.

If some global disaster wiped out the modern world, at least other places still have some traditions going to fall back on. America would have to invent new traditions from scratch.

*(When I went to a 4th of July festival, it was very isolating and modern: people stuck to themselves, plenty of police on standby in case anything happened, the only food was junk food, and during the fireworks they played crappy patriotic pop songs.)

**(before coronapanic struck that is)
Blah blah blah words words words trash

Apparently there's no such thing as soul food (read: American traditional food).
Apparently there's no such thing as bluegrass, or square dancing (read: American folk music).
Apparently there's no such thing as pioneer dress (read: American traditional clothing).

Oh, but let's apply your standards to modern Europe. How many people in Germany are listening to polka on the radio? How many Greeks are wearing those poofy pants and stupid round hats?

Eurotrash and wannabe-Eurotrash pick modern American culture and hold it up against traditional European culture. Pick a fair fight, faggot.

SuudsuAddict

kiwifarms.net
My absolute dystopia is Britain, lol

Blah blah blah words words words trash

Apparently there's no such thing as soul food (read: American traditional food).
Apparently there's no such thing as bluegrass, or square dancing (read: American folk music).
Apparently there's no such thing as pioneer dress (read: American traditional clothing).

Oh, but let's apply your standards to modern Europe. How many people in Germany are listening to polka on the radio? How many Greeks are wearing those poofy pants and stupid round hats?

Eurotrash and wannabe-Eurotrash pick modern American culture and hold it up against traditional European culture. Pick a fair fight, faggot.
You're right, but don't forget the modern American left wants to erase those things. Good point about Europeans though. They especially have no room to talk when they're letting their own leftists and immigrants destroy their traditional cultures.

0BC5487E-FC15-4369-88CD-9856AAEFF011.jpeg
7A8D2C20-7614-49F5-B6EC-66C7EA024170.jpeg

This apparently doesn’t qualify as traditional culture.

I’d also take a photo of Foxfire, but I don’t have a copy in my apartment.

Also, race reveal, I’m White.

Edit: I'm going to keep ranting. The modern culture of America is also an amazing body of work and it goes unappreciated because it's so dominant that most every country has embraced it. At a minimum, you have us to credit for almost every genre I can think of modern popular music, from swing to big band to rock'n'roll to more modern forms of rock. Similarly, do you really want to throw out all of Hollywood and TV?

The dumbass who bitches about MUH MODERN CULTURE selectively ignores everything good (things like "Apocalypse Now" or "Gone With the Wind" or "Seinfeld") so they can wallow in the dreck. It's a bizarre and pitiable way of thinking, but way too common.

Last edited:
Tags
None