What is your favourite instrument? -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Harnessed Carcass

In search of the strange or a hand to hold
kiwifarms.net
I have played both Bass, Guitar, Perc, classical Piano and Omnichord for ~18 years now and I have to say I am in love with the Omni and think it needs more attention.
It's somewhat like a keyboard, synth guitar and launch pad as one instrument, and if you have a decent one, you can amp it up to make some amazing music. If you haven't heard it before, I implore you to explore it's musical potential.

suzuki-omnichord-om-84-system-two-xl.jpg

Hecate

My skin crawlith
kiwifarms.net
I have a personal bias for strings, or anything that has a droning sound to it. I used to play the violin, and in the future I would like to try my hand at recreating a medieval symphony (what are now called hurdy gurdys)

bagpipes are also really sweet, but I've never had the chance to play one

Reactions: The Reaper

Digital Thunder

Himbo Supremacist
kiwifarms.net
I remember getting assigned to play viola for middle school and being pretty miffed about not getting to play cello for a while. Violas grew on me, but there's something about cellos I've found alluring for a long time.

Bassoons are also really cool to me for whatever reason. Also also the various recorders are kind of underrated.

The 8 of Spades

Don't Fail To Ask Me What ꋖꁝꊿꈜꑀ ꒦ꊿ꒐ꏳꑀꈜ Are Saying.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is this where I argue if digital instruments are instruments or not? I mean, I play other instruments too.

Idiotron

kiwifarms.net
I'm a beatboxer and I just looooove the loop station, the RC-505 model to be specific.

You can make some serious magic with that thing.

Check this out.
The guy who starts at 3:30 is insane.

Reactions: Nuttelex

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
My faves are string instruments in the violin family, but I have a special love for cello.
I dont play anything myself, I prefer singing, but I like the idea of sitting with a cello and noodling in those lost hours of the night. Ah, what I would do in a different life.

This man makes magic with the cello:

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I could never pick one, but anything used in bluegrass really gets me off.

Trey Anastasio and Jerry Garcia on electric guitar can make me forget other music even exists.

Reactions: Nuttelex
Tags
None