What killed it for you?

Quijibo69

Da Merge
kiwifarms.net
Black Mirror.
“Oi, guvna! You hafta pork the porker if you want the princess back in your castle! j/k I killed myself.”
Fuck Charlie Brooker and his virtual virtuesignaling.

At least you didn't get to see the pointless SJW lesbian episode. It was pretty bad.

The Simpsons: The Tomacco episode pretty much.

Futurama: The movies were shit.

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
Doctor Who: Peter capaldi in general, the episode Day of the Moon in particular. Not only was the writing shit, peter's take on the character terrible, and the stories fucking insipid and shallow as humanly possible, but worst of all critics slavishly refused to offer even the slightest criticism of anything, giving almost every episode 9/10 or 10/10 seemingly for fear of alienating themselves from being friends with the cast and crew IRL, meaning the writers never had even vague incentive to get shit together and stop sucking even as ratings tanked to levels that made the show in danger of cancellation.

Which ties into our next entry

Star Wars: The Last Jedi just fucking killed the franchise. Any potential the original trilogy, or even The Force Awakens was gleefully squandered just for "WAT A TWEEEST!" shit that would make M Night Shyamlan wince, the characterisation of EVERYONE was butchered with Rey's mary sue shtick turned up to 11, finn turned to bumbling comic relief, poe into an idiot, and luke skywalker into a miserable half failed comic relief hobo. And rose is literally a shorter, uglier Jar Jar Binks but without the ability to entertain small children.

Worst of all this film has fucking poisoned almost any way for the setting to truly expand since the original characters are all dead and original concepts have been largely discarded, leaving any advancement on the shoulders of badly written and obnoxious replacement characters. And much like Doctor Who, the critics all fawned over it for much the same reasons, either out of fear of pissing disney off, a desperation to fit in with the kewl kid kritics, or just due to a dumbass culture war they seem obsessed with waging because "MUH DIVERSITY!" means they can write clickbait pieces on how this is the first film with asians and blacks or how all white nurds are boycotting it because they hate niggos or some shit.

Speaking of which...

Star Trek: discovery didnt do it. the interviews the main actress did in which she bragged about how she was the first female protagonist AND first black protagonist in the series' history.

I was only ever a casual star trek fan, but even I fucking know about goddamn Sisko and Janeway, so frankly I feel no reason to waste my time on a star trek series with this dumbass as the main character.

also "spock's sekrit adopted sister" is such a fucking bad-fanfiction cliche it almost sounds like a parody.
I knew you'd be here, Holden.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I were still a kid, I probably would think LEGOs are dead. They used to be generic sets that encouraged imagination. Now they're just "build this thing from that pop culture franchise."

I agree. I can't remember if the whole LEGO franchise took a turn for the pop culture before or after the movie came out--pretty sure it was before because it was limited mostly to video games, and I remember thinking the cartoon series was just so ugly that I was hesitant to see the movie in the first place.

(This was when I realized the cartoon was ugly because the animation didn't work with the LEGO franchise. The animators for the movie knew what the fuck they were doing to make it look appeasing to the eyes.)

I do have to wonder if Bionicle had anything to do with this, weird as that sounds, because of Mask of Light apparently doing well enough to make two more movies.

Zhoban

Bougie von Savage
kiwifarms.net
I've seen Blizzard games brought up a lot, so I think we can go into that deeper.

At this point, all three flagship franchises are identical. Yes, you read that correctly; identical. Warcraft is now about dark lords literally flying around on spaceships, with each villain having a very honorable, altruistic intention. Illidan? He's the main protagonist now. Kil'Jaeden? He felt really bad about being a demon. Sargeras? He was only trying to destroy the universe because he knew about "Void Lords", which were like him, but worse. Hence, like the Overmind in StarCraft II, dealing with Amon, it was all about actually trying to save everything. That doesn't even address the ending to Legacy of the Void, which ends with the Terran, Protoss and Zerg holding hands, singing, "Get Together".

Last edited:

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's been three years and you still post links to that autistic wall of text.
Congrats. You exposed me for hating an episode of doctor who from 2014 and mentioning my dislike of it again in 2018. Kindly stop shitting up the thread with more autism.

(To the Mods, sorry for having another thread turn into a bitch off, but for some reason i am fucking awash with random speds whining about my sci-fi tastes this week)

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
Congrats. You exposed me for hating an episode of doctor who from 2014 and mentioning my dislike of it again in 2018. Kindly stop shitting up the thread with more autism.

(To the Mods, sorry for having another thread turn into a bitch off, but for some reason i am fucking awash with random speds whining about my sci-fi tastes this week)
"To be fair, you need to have a really high IQ to understand my 2,000 word essay bitching about a children's show."

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"To be fair, you need to have a really high IQ to understand my 2,000 word essay bitching about a children's show."
Ok. Instead I will bitch at random people on the kiwifarms multimedia subforum for holding opinions I cannot help but whine like an autist about.

Again. If you want to complain about me having an opinion on a "whats your opinion" thread then just rate my post dumb or autistic instead of clogging up threads. That goes for any other totally-not-aspergic newbie out there who feels offended by my vague opinions too, because this is like the third time in a week.

anyway holden out

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
Ok. Instead I will bitch at random people on the kiwifarms multimedia subforum for holding opinions I cannot help but whine like an autist about.

Again. If you want to complain about me having an opinion on a "whats your opinion" thread then just rate my post dumb or autistic instead of clogging up threads. That goes for any other totally-not-aspergic newbie out there who feels offended by my vague opinions too, because this is like the third time in a week.

anyway holden out
Imagine having such a victim complex about your opinions. Everyone hated Kill the Moon, calm down.

SeaPancake

KF's resident history sperg
kiwifarms.net
I gave up on Peaky Blinders as soon as Cillian Murphy got with the love interest. It was too fast. Her entire character was a series low point for me, being a very transparent Relationship Sue and committing the cardinal sins of being boring as fuck and messing things up for characters that people actually gave a shit about.

Funnybone

Needs her password stapled to her forehead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Simpsons -

Past Season 10 was pretty awful but there would be good gags scattered around that made the show worth keeping up with. But one gag ruined the entire show so badly I could never keep up with the show again.

I forgot which episode it was but when Nelson jacked off behind a cactus or something and said "ha ha" while jacking off and climaxing I felt so wronged. Barf.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
I've seen Blizzard games brought up a lot, so I think we can go into that deeper.

At this point, all three flagship franchises are identical. Yes, you read that correctly; identical. Warcraft is now about dark lords literally flying around on spaceships, with each villain having a very honorable, altruistic intention. Illidan? He's the main protagonist now. Kil'Jaeden? He felt really bad about being a demon. Sargeras? He was only trying to destroy the universe because he knew about "Void Lords", which were like him, but worse. Hence, like the Overmind in StarCraft II, dealing with Amon, it was all about actually trying to save everything. That doesn't even address the ending to Legacy of the Void, which ends with the Terran, Protoss and Zerg holding hands, singing, "Hold Together".
Shit, you're right. Starcraft really is just Warcraft in space. Artanis was wrong. Did they ever make the demons misunderstood noble savages in Diablo 3?

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
If I were still a kid, I probably would think LEGOs are dead. They used to be generic sets that encouraged imagination. Now they're just "build this thing from that pop culture franchise."
They've had specific build sets since the 50's, though. Which themselves came only a few years after the bricks themselves were first sold. It's the licensed themes that have only been a relatively recent introduction.