What killed it for you?

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Simpsons: Season 13. A decent season at least had one memorable episode. I can't think of one I liked in 13 and beyond.

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doctor who died when they made the doctor a chick

The whole thing seems like pandering to gain more views because of lower ratings to me.

In my case I'd have to mention House. I was a big fan of the show because of Hugh Laurie and got sucked into the show and bought all the seasons up to season 4. After that I started watching it regularly on Fox. When they changed up the cast and added the newer doctors to the show instead of making the show revolve around House's original team, I wasn't into it but still kept watching the show because it was still good.
And then Huddy happened. Which again, I wasn't into but I stayed through season 6 because I figured it still might be good even with House being in a relationship with Cuddy. Then it became more about House's relationship and it turned into something that was more like Grey's Anatomy. By the time the musical episode happened with House and Cuddy aired, I was over it and stopped watching.
I never even watched the final season.

UnKillShredDur

Black Deaths Matter.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The whole thing seems like pandering to gain more views because of lower ratings to me.

In my case I'd have to mention House. I was a big fan of the show because of Hugh Laurie and got sucked into the show and bought all the seasons up to season 4. After that I started watching it regularly on Fox. When they changed up the cast and added the newer doctors to the show instead of making the show revolve around House's original team, I wasn't into it but still kept watching the show because it was still good.
And then Huddy happened. Which again, I wasn't into but I stayed through season 6 because I figured it still might be good even with House being in a relationship with Cuddy. Then it became more about House's relationship and it turned into something that was more like Grey's Anatomy. By the time the musical episode happened with House and Cuddy aired, I was over it and stopped watching.
I never even watched the final season.
The ending to house "wilson has incurable cancer and him and house go biking" sucked.

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No doubt, there was a time I loved house, you anglophile, you.

It started off very well when it was the smaller cast. Then they had to do story lines for Thirteen with her Huntingtons, and Taub knocking up that lady, and that Indian guy killing himself because he went to work for the Obama administration. (No, really, that's why he was killed off.) Etc.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You should be over it by now.

And you are upset somebody is posting things that made them dislike a franchise in the "things that made you dislike a franchise" thread

Again. the fuck is it with speds this week trying to bitch at my damn sci-fi tastes?!

It's been three years and you still post links to that autistic wall of text.

Congrats. You exposed me for hating an episode of doctor who from 2014 and mentioning my dislike of it again in 2018. Kindly stop shitting up the thread with more autism.

(To the Mods, sorry for having another thread turn into a bitch off, but for some reason i am fucking awash with random speds whining about my sci-fi tastes this week)

"To be fair, you need to have a really high IQ to understand my 2,000 word essay bitching about a children's show."

Ok. Instead I will bitch at random people on the kiwifarms multimedia subforum for holding opinions I cannot help but whine like an autist about.

Again. If you want to complain about me having an opinion on a "whats your opinion" thread then just rate my post dumb or autistic instead of clogging up threads. That goes for any other totally-not-aspergic newbie out there who feels offended by my vague opinions too, because this is like the third time in a week.

anyway holden out

Imagine having such a victim complex about your opinions. Everyone hated Kill the Moon, calm down.

Get your fucking shitfight elsewhere. 2 week threadban. Carry on all.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Actually, I think you have a point. Then again, they made the angels into a band of bitches in the third one.
Well even then, I guess technically Diablo started the "Hero from earlier in the story is now CORRUPTED and evil" thing that's in every single Blizzard plot.

CausticMinory

Meanie, fat guy, doesn't like nice guys.
kiwifarms.net
Fallout 4, I don't know what it was, I loved all the fallout games. When it changed Studios and genres I was optimistic and was surprised. But when 4 came out with the "Build your settlements and do endless quests to keep them up." was too much. That and the customize mechanic where you had to search out junk to build more stuff. Albeit it did give reason to collect all that worthless junk it was tedious as hell.

Cato

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fallout 4, I don't know what it was, I loved all the fallout games. When it changed Studios and genres I was optimistic and was surprised. But when 4 came out with the "Build your settlements and do endless quests to keep them up." was too much. That and the customize mechanic where you had to search out junk to build more stuff. Albeit it did give reason to collect all that worthless junk it was tedious as hell.

More than any of that, the issue was the dialogue, and writing in general, as well as quest branches. For comparison:

Fallout 1 dialogue:

Fallout 2 dialogue:

Fallout New Vegas quest branch:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Kings'_Gambit

These games had funny, engaging dialogue that made sense and allowed one to suspend disbelief in the context of the Fallout universe, and they actually allowed the player to roleplay and provided a variety of ways to resolve quests in accordance with their preferred playstyle. Dialogue options were also dictated by statistics, skills, affiliations, etc in a way that made for a different experience with different character builds and choices (and even when you failed skillchecks it was often entertaining because of the hilarious ways your character tries and fails to bullshit his way through things).

Fallout 3 was definitely not as good as the aforementioned games in these respects, and Fallout 4 doubled down on everything that made 3 worse than the 1, 2 and NV. "I'm looking for my father. Middle-aged guy." was a widely mocked line of dialogue in 3, but it's art compared to the stupidity in Fallout 4. In 4 you can come across a group of thugs threatening someone else and then threatening you, demand they give you all their caps and have them meekly comply with this, and then offer to mediate their dispute and have them graciously accept your assistance, in the span of less than a minute. It's totally schizophrenic and nonsensical, in contrast with the content from the previous games I shared above.

Last edited:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Season 2 episode 1 of Heroes. The first season worked out so well that if it had ended then and there I would've been satisfied. It should have ended there because the writers fucked up so badly with the second season I don't think I even made it about halfway through before giving up. The biggest issue is that instead of focusing on the storylines that were the most interesting it was the boring shit they pushed hard. Why watch anything interesting when there's effectively a rehash of the cheerleader's (Claire?) story from the first season? Or that mixed race boy's cousin with the capacity to learn anything by watching it once and using it to play jump rope.

But the worst offenders are those twins from Central or South America. I really didn't give a shit about the whole "eyes turn black and everyone in the vicinity drops dead" thing. Probably because she was so fucking needy and crying in every scene she was in. Accurate reactions to bad shit going down generally don't make for good entertainment. Moreso because they were very obviously setting this chick up to playing a major role in the season finale.

AlephOne2Many

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I also quit Dexter when they went with the whole schizophrenic sidekick who is actually the one you are looking for.

It was also too much of an obvious bookend referencing the plot of the first book.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
The Pern series after “All the Weyrs of Pern”. The books after seemed like Anne McCaffrey was just phoning it in, and the abominations that are the ones her son wrote shouldn’t even be mentioned.

Though I don’t know if books should be listed here or not, though there’s been like 20 times people have talked about making it into movies/miniseries.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Season 2 episode 1 of Heroes. The first season worked out so well that if it had ended then and there I would've been satisfied. It should have ended there because the writers fucked up so badly with the second season I don't think I even made it about halfway through before giving up.

Wasn't this (partly) because of the writer's strike? I never really watched Heroes, but I knew the show was affected heavily by it and it couldn't recover.