What killed it for you?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Trombonista

please share so we can Barry her
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lost. I watched the first season as it introduced all the characters and this strange world. I had so many questions.

The first episode of season two answered none of it and piled on even more characters and questions. That's when I figured out that that was the point of the show. It was purposefully designed to be just one long cocktease. They were never going to answer shit. I punched out then and there.
My sister dropped Lost when they killed Boone (or as she called him, "the cute guy").

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
The X-Files: Somewhere around Season 5, when I realized the whole meta-arc with the alien invasion and government conspiracy shit was going absolutely nowhere.
Arrow: Start of Season 3. Like holy shit the show is supposed to be about a brooding psychopath who murders criminals and here he is tripping over himself asking his secretary out for a date. Also I got so sick of Laurel even though Katy Cassidy is an absolute babe.
Rick and Morty: Description for the first episode of Season 3 is "Rick seeks out a rare sauce for chicken nuggets" and I decided I was fucking done right there.
Game of Thrones: when they passed the books. From what I've seen, I made the right call.
Ozark: Episode 5, I think, when I realized I hated every character except Jason Bateman and that hillbilly kid who likes Ray Bradbury

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The X-Files: Somewhere around Season 5, when I realized the whole meta-arc with the alien invasion and government conspiracy shit was going absolutely nowhere.
I think they admitted that they made shit up as they went along. I also agree that Season 5 was when the quality dipped but I still enjoyed some of the MotW episodes. In fact, when I did a marathon of the X-Files I skipped most of the myth arc episodes.

UglyOldJafar

kiwifarms.net
Naruto: The fucking Pain Arc. First the arc villain destroys Konoha in a Jutzu attack that is on Dragon Ball level, then Naruto turns into the chosen, then Pain's "tragic backstory" turns out to be a joke that does not in the slightest justify the shit he has done till this point in life and then all that happened in the arc is pretty much pointless because all the dead people are ressurected by a jutzu that kills Pain and is meant to make him now come off as a good guy, because of his heroic sacrifice.

It sucked. Naruto was never a masterful shonen manga, but it had something enjoyable in a melodramatic way for me and the fact it didn't just feel like a bad Dragon Ball rip off sorta helped. This arc was a turning point for the worst. Pain's powers resulted in power escalation for anyone in the series, Pain himself was a shitty villain and all off sudden "death" had no real gravitas to the story anymore, because supposedly there exists Jutzus against that. And bringing all the dead people back that died in a shock moment chapter does not absolute you from the fact you devoted your entire life to being a shitty Final Fantasy villain.

Simpsons: There is this episode with Krusty finding out he has an illegitimate daughter. They decided to make a joke based on Christopher Walken, based on the sketch of him reading good night moon. In the scene he reads another bedtime story to a bunch of kids and he stares at one girl with a very short skirt crawling away from him in fright with a pedo grin. I am not a great fan of Walker and I don't think it was intentional, but making a joke on a person in real life that makes it look like the person is a pedophile is just awful. And shortly thereafter Maud was killed off. Fuck season 11.

Pokemon: Gave the franchise up temporarily when it came on the GBA. I just thought Gamefreaks fucked fans of the first two gens by focusing too much on Gen3 pokemon that kinda sucked and a lack of getting old Pokemons on the new games. Thankfully they then came up with gen 5.

X-Men: Gave up on them after reading Avengers vs X-Men. Suddenly I understood people who wanted to see mutans being exterminated.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
I think they admitted that they made shit up as they went along. I also agree that Season 5 was when the quality dipped but I still enjoyed some of the MotW episodes. In fact, when I did a marathon of the X-Files I skipped most of the myth arc episodes.
I'm one of those weirdos who actually liked where they were going with the myth arc. Mostly because I enjoyed the Cigarette Man.

POWER IN MISERY

TRAVERSING THE GRID OF DEATH
kiwifarms.net
in bioshock infinite, a little bit after you kill that ghost bitch in a terrible excuse of a boss fight, elizabeth gets captured in a cutscene for something like the fifth or sixth time. exclaiming "fuck this bullshit" in that moment was more memorable than any other part of the game.

Somar

I have amazing taste
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I finally gave up on the One Piece anime back in October after that slow ass two part episode with Luffy's fight against Sanji. I was already annoyed by the anime's slow pacing by then, but it was that two parter that was the straw that finally broke the camel's back for me. I'll still watch the movies and maybe some of the tv specials if they interest me, but other then that I'm just going to do what most fans done years ago and just stick to the manga.

tehpope

The Cheeky Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rick and Morty:
Season 2 ending. Not sure how they would come back from that.
Got lazy and didn't watch the Season 3 stuff when it came out.
And then "Pickle Rick" and "Szechuan sauce" happened.

Cato

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rick and Morty: Description for the first episode of Season 3 is "Rick seeks out a rare sauce for chicken nuggets" and I decided I was fucking done right there.

Funny enough, it was still the best (/only good) episode of that season, as a stand alone episode. But it fucked with everything by making the resolution of the previous season pointless and destroying the Galactic Federation and Council of Ricks/Citadel. In one episode they killed off all of the show's main antagonists. Since it was released on April Fools I was hoping it wasn't actually canon and that Rick would still be incarcerated, but nope.

Game of Thrones: when they passed the books. From what I've seen, I made the right call.

Yup, I checked out after the way they ended things with Stannis. And from everything I've read and heard, it only got dumber from there.

I do think that Stannis is going to bite it in Winds of Winter, but it definitely won't be in such a stupid manner (it's been heavily foreshadowed that Daenerys will be responsible for Stannis's death, as both characters have had visions that seemed to suggest this).

Book Stannis after saving the Night's Watch:

-Leaves his wife and daughter at the wall for safety.
-Tells his men to continue the fight and put his daughter on the throne if he dies.
-Rallies the mountain clans.
-Liberates Deepwood Motte from the ironborn, winning more respect and followers in the North.
-Sends Davos to win the support of Wyman Manderly. Davos makes serious headway towards this.
-Refuses to burn non-believers when his R'hllor-worshiping men call for it, reminding them that half is army is made up of non-believers.
-Takes both Asha and Theon Greyjoy prisoner, plans to execute Theon for the murder of "Bran" and "Rickon" to gain even more support in the North.
-Discovers planned treachery from the Karstarks and arrests them, thwarting their plot with the Boltons.
-Has pit traps planted around Winterfell, which kill Aenys Frey, leaving Hosteen Frey--an inferior commander--in charge of the Frey forces.

Show Stannis after saving the Night's Watch:

-Burns his daughter alive for absolutely no benefit.
-Army gets annihilated by Ramsay and 20 troops (in spite of Stannis having a record as one of the best commanders in Westeros).
-Marches the rest of his army to certain death and languidly goes "fuck it, time to die" when a superior force emerges.
-Shrugs and tells Brianna-the-Walking-Plot-Contrivance to go ahead and kill him when she randomly shows up after he somehow inexplicably manages to get away from the battle alive in spite of his entire army having been killed.

This shit is when I realized that the show writers are retarded and can't keep things going without GRRM's roadmap.

Last edited:

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't this (partly) because of the writer's strike? I never really watched Heroes, but I knew the show was affected heavily by it and it couldn't recover.
The writers' strike indeed impacted the ending (Original plan was for the Shanti virus to be released into the public), but the beginning was so fucking boring, especially the amnesiac Peter in Ireland stuff..

Tim Kring is just a shit writer and showrunner and Bryan Fuller was the one responsible for all the good stuff, that totally showed when he returned in the 3rd season and managed to right the ship in 1 episode.. Only for Kring to fuck it up again with the circus shit.

I finally gave up on the One Piece anime back in October after that slow ass two part episode with Luffy's fight against Sanji. I was already annoyed by the anime's slow pacing by then, but it was that two parter that was the straw that finally broke the camel's back for me. I'll still watch the movies and maybe some of the tv specials if they interest me, but other then that I'm just going to do what most fans done years ago and just stick to the manga.
READ THE MANGA. Like, seriously, this is one of the best OP arcs yet, you shouldn't miss out.

Somar

I have amazing taste
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
READ THE MANGA. Like, seriously, this is one of the best OP arcs yet, you shouldn't miss out.
Oh I have, ever since that episode, I immediately picked up where that episode ended in the manga haven't looked back in the anime since. Well ok that's a lie, I did take a little peak at the scene where
Sanji finds out Pudding's true nature
because I wanted to see how the scene plays in motion. But other than that, my attention has been soley on the manga which is definitely making the arc much more enjoyable.

Last edited:

CausticMinory

Meanie, fat guy, doesn't like nice guys.
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone mentioned Death Note yet?

Just in case

The moment L died and they time skipped to Near and Mellow. It just felt so empty knowing L was gone after being one of the best characters in the show and he gets replaced by Creepy Kid, and Edge Chocolate Man.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone mentioned Death Note yet?

Just in case

The moment L died and they time skipped to Near and Mellow. It just felt so empty knowing L was gone after being one of the best characters in the show and he gets replaced by Creepy Kid, and Edge Chocolate Man.
I only ever watched Death Note up to the part where
he brags to the wife of that agent he killed’s face just before the Death Note takes affect.
I pretty much lost all interest in Light as a character after that. I understand the appeal and everything, but for me, up until that point you could still argue that he was still doing everything for the good of the world or whatever. Here, he was just being petty and boastful for the hell of it.

Ive seen clips and looked up specific manga chapters afterwards to see what happened, but I never fully got back into it.

ure_mum

KGB agent|hacked the DNC|probably Putin as well
kiwifarms.net
I don't really drop shows that much (I've somehow managed to hang on to GOT despite hating it for several seasons now, but fuck it, we only have one more to go) but I'll post the ones I remember the specific reasons for:

Once Upon a Time - look, it was a cheesy show and all, but the first 3 seasons were pretty sweet at times and I enjoyed seeing Robert Carlyle as the bad guy who actually wants to just be with his waifu and son. But even by season 3 I saw they were getting stuck in a loop where they constantly needed to up the stakes so they bring in new characters and oops this character now is evil but then two seconds later changes his/her mind and so on and so on over and over again. It got boring really fast and at some point I couldn't give a shit anymore. Plus, everyone being related to one another was funny the first few times, but it seemed like the writers started taking it too seriously.

The Walking Dead - the problem with this show it that it could, in theory, go on forever. And frankly, no matter how sad it is when a show ends, you want to have some closure. But the main problem was how cheap the show got. This affected everything, the new characters being randos who'll die soon anyways, so no effort went into writing an interesting personality for them, the special effect going to shit (I love the walking dead threads on /tv/ since someone will always post webms of the worst CGI scenes from the later seasons, like that clipboard deer and Rick standing in front of the worst green screen effect ever made) and worst of all, the walkers becoming irrelevant unless the plot demanded a cheap death (gotta save money on that make-up!). The show got really ugly in that regard. Also, they killed off my boy Merle after bringing him back and I can't just forgive that.

True Blood - a very cheesy and trashy show, but the first two seasons were really fun. Back then it seemed everyone was having fun with the whole concept and enjoying the silly shit they filmed. After season 2 tho, I feel like two things happened. One, they started just throwing every single magical/supernatural legend into the series without spending too much time trying to build them up and also upping the trashiness to a level that wasn't just enjoyable anymore. Two, the writers also seemed to get too far up their asses and despite point one, tried to make the show deeper than it really was with expanding the universe of True Blood more than was necessary. I don't know if they were trying to tie in plotlines from the books, since I haven't read them, but in any case, it never should have been more than a silly sexy trek with vampires in the South.

Cheerlead-in-Chief

"Everyone Hates Mondays" -Ermes Costello
kiwifarms.net
America's Next Top Model: Final season in which the men were being bigger drama queens than the females
Arthur: "DW's Birthday Bash" in which DW is still static
Who's Line is it Anyways?: Tonight they had Wil Wheaton as a guest star. :(

Oh Long Johnson

I got your 3PL right here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Funny enough, it was still the best (/only good) episode of that season, as a stand alone episode. But it fucked with everything by making the resolution of the previous season pointless and destroying the Galactic Federation and Council of Ricks/Citadel. In one episode they killed off all of the show's main antagonists. Since it was released on April Fools I was hoping it wasn't actually canon and that Rick would still be incarcerated, but nope.

Yup, I checked out after the way they ended things with Stannis. And from everything I've read and heard, it only got dumber from there.

I do think that Stannis is going to bite it in Winds of Winter, but it definitely won't be in such a stupid manner (it's been heavily foreshadowed that Daenerys will be responsible for Stannis's death, as both characters have had visions that seemed to suggest this).

Book Stannis after saving the Night's Watch:

-Leaves his wife and daughter at the wall for safety.
-Tells his men to continue the fight and put his daughter on the throne if he dies.
-Rallies the mountain clans.
-Liberates Deepwood Motte from the ironborn, winning more respect and followers in the North.
-Sends Davos to win the support of Wyman Manderly. Davos makes serious headway towards this.
-Refuses to burn non-believers when his R'hllor-worshiping men call for it, reminding them that half is army is made up of non-believers.
-Takes both Asha and Theon Greyjoy prisoner, plans to execute Theon for the murder of "Bran" and "Rickon" to gain even more support in the North.
-Discovers planned treachery from the Karstarks and arrests them, thwarting their plot with the Boltons.
-Has pit traps planted around Winterfell, which kill Aenys Frey, leaving Hosteen Frey--an inferior commander--in charge of the Frey forces.

Show Stannis after saving the Night's Watch:

-Burns his daughter alive for absolutely no benefit.
-Army gets annihilated by Ramsay and 20 troops (in spite of Stannis having a record as one of the best commanders in Westeros).
-Marches the rest of his army to certain death and languidly goes "fuck it, time to die" when a superior force emerges.
-Shrugs and tells Brianna-the-Walking-Plot-Contrivance to go ahead and kill him when she randomly shows up after he somehow inexplicably manages to get away from the battle alive in spite of his entire army having been killed.

This shit is when I realized that the show writers are exceptional and can't keep things going without GRRM's roadmap.
Doesn't matter how batshit the show's writers get for me. First, that fat nigga ain't finishing those books. Even if he did, that slob is responsible for writing Quentin's arc to nowhere, Brienne's world tour and Tyrion's pig riding adventures.

Fuck that guy.

As for shows that lost me:

Walking Dead - when I realized the only reason I was tuning in every week was to see Rick do something completely mad while making that insane face of his, I knew it was time.

Archer - I think I made it through one or two episodes of the last season. They've lost the plot.

Dexter - John Lithgow full nudity. Yeah, no.

Peaky Blinders - Tommy picks the blonde potato eater? What a fag.

H4nzn0

Lolcows on Ice!
kiwifarms.net
Who's Line is it Anyways?: Tonight they had Wil Wheaton as a guest star.

Don't worry, it was just a repeat and it aired before Wil's lolcow moves.

Top Gear (UK) - I'm sorry, Clarkson was so much better, and you can't play the PC bullshit here.
Top Gear (US) - I tried for 1 season, I'm sorry, you need to slow it down a little.
Alaskan Bush People & Moonshiners - Felt too staged
NASCAR - What's the point? The championship comes down to 4 people and one race where if you wreck, you're fucked.

Shows that almost lost me
Yuri on Ice - They almost jumped the shark in episode 8 but they somehow managed to save it and the ending kinda sucked.
NFL (on FOX, on NBC... etc.) - Last time I've ever seen this much sell out was on Youtube.
Whose Line is it Anyway? - I can't fucking stand Aisha, Drew was way better, but Wayne, Colin, and Ryan are all still there.

that's all I can think of.

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let's see

Star Wars: Last Jedi didn't kill it for me, just greatly disappointed.

House: After they replaced the old cast, it just screamed desperation. "Look, this one's dying and this one's dead. And we didn't get rid of the old cast either." Stopped watching it after Wilson's girlfriend died.

Doctor Who: The Moffat era was a pretty big low for me, but the point where I just outright rejected it was when they brought back Gallifrey and just tried to say "yeah, the Doctor angsted about it for years but he really saved it with the help of every incarnation of himself. He just couldn't remember until now."

Dexter: When they killed Rita. It was a good moment, but I knew it was all downhill from there and I'm glad I stopped watching.

Rick and Morty: Season 3. I'm not saying it's bad, I really enjoyed it actually. Sure, it's not as funny as the previous seasons but I found it more compelling it how it examined the characters and their dynamics. That said "ABCs of Beth" should have been the season finale but they made that final episode which, since it shows Rick doesn't even follow his own "I don't care, nothing matters" morality while everything goes against him, felt like it should have been the series finale instead.

Re: creators: First there was that clip show where Meteora tried to make herself look better than everyone else. It felt OOC for her, as well as made her a bitch in my eyes. Then the second half goes "nothing happened for 6 months as we arranged this plan to stop Altair (and she allowed us to do it)" but they introduce new characters related to old ones who didn't seek them out during that time. Charon is supposed to be tired of fighting but he got a 6 month vacation where he didn't seek out Selestia ffs. It's a very weird case of a show where the character development is paced too fast (because of the large cast, leading to situations where they are introduced having issues than just go "I'm over it") whereas the actual plot is paced too slow (and relies heavily on exposition).

Last edited: