What killed it for you?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Gangster Talk

kiwifarms.net
Orange is the New Black is the first time I've dropped a TV show over a single line.
Show was pissing me off a bit already, but when the bulldyke felon in prison said "This is more depressing than a Tori Amos concert!" I immediately shut it off and never returned.
Aside from being completely uncharacteristic this was the confirmation I needed that it was a show for fat women and not for me.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doctor Who - Hard to pick a specific point, but I'd say sometime during Steven Moffat's tenure. The guy was fond of building these huge, complex, important story arcs and then giving them a really lame pay-off (the Hybrid and the Doctor's real name both spring to mind). He also loved to come up with these huge world-changing concepts for the series which, again, were never adequately explored (the Doctor getting a new lot of regenerations, a hidden regeneration, River Song). You had the worst of both worlds - you couldn't understand an episode unless you'd seen all the others, but the outcome would be an anticlimax.

The Simpsons - I remember the exact moment that made me realise this was no longer the show I loved was the moment in 'Saddlesore Galactica' when Comic Book Guy points out that the episode's premise is unoriginal and the other characters say they don't care. To me, that basically felt like they were saying "We're not going to try for a quality show any more because people will watch whatever." The show had been in decline long before then, but that was the point when it crystallised for me.

Family Guy - Season 4. There was a time when Family Guy was this unique show, pretty original and pretty funny. It got cancelled after Season 3, by which time it had got into its stride. But when it got resurrected, it became clear that the jokes they had in Season 3 were as good as it was going to get, and it's been running on the same basic gags and concepts ever since.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
Family Guy - Season 4. There was a time when Family Guy was this unique show, pretty original and pretty funny. It got cancelled after Season 3, by which time it had got into its stride. But when it got resurrected, it became clear that the jokes they had in Season 3 were as good as it was going to get, and it's been running on the same basic gags and concepts ever since.

While I can't say I actually like Family Guy, I will agree the pre-cancellation seasons had a lot more sincerity to them. I haven't watched much of the new stuff but what I've seen really doesn't impress me. Brad Jones once referred to its present state as "anti-humor: the series" and I agree sith that.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
Forgot to bring up Gotham. Dropped it in Season 3 during their pathetic go at Trump commentary and the dumb Joker/Penguin ship teasing. Also it was turning too much into a "Batman Show" instead of a "Before Batman" show. Just so much wasted potential.

Sylvie Paula Paula

Ethically sourced from around town
kiwifarms.net
Forgot to bring up Gotham. Dropped it in Season 3 during their pathetic go at Trump commentary and the dumb Joker/Penguin ship teasing. Also it was turning too much into a "Batman Show" instead of a "Before Batman" show. Just so much wasted potential.

Gotham fans are terrifying, so I'm too scared to get into the show. :( Also, iirc the Penguin is HEAVILY implied to be gay in the show (and his actor said something about him being gay) and something about that doesn't sit right with me. It's probably all the shipteasing though.

To stay on topic - and forgive me for the autism on this one - Steven Universe. Between Cartoon Network's awful scheduling and the rise of SU Critical blogs around the time I dropped it, I couldn't keep up with the show anymore. The fandom (and rise of people turning against the show) was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
To stay on topic - and forgive me for the autism on this one - Steven Universe. Between Cartoon Network's awful scheduling and the rise of SU Critical blogs around the time I dropped it, I couldn't keep up with the show anymore. The fandom (and rise of people turning against the show) was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I have completely different reasons for preferring anything else over Steven Universe - meh to lackluster to shite writing that only appeals to SJWs; inconsistent art style that puts most stuff people consider bad on the channel to shame; toxic fan base / fan base detractors that need to find something better to watch... Yeah.

Looking at this show and seeing for myself just what overrated garbage it is, IMHO - I'm glad Miller is only catering to the TTG! and Unikitty! fans now (a.k.a: kids who actually appreciate cartoons for what they are and what they've always been meant for - something the manchildren obsessing over SU not airing anymore continue to not get.).