Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Black Coffee

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nonconsentual Pronouns

Apocalyptic Troon Patrol
kiwifarms.net
Gotta get started with some light-roast beans, aka "breakfast roast". A lot of people think that dark-roast is "strong" coffee, but it's not, it's just bitter because it's burnt. Dark-roast beans are literally burned black and most of the caffeine has been burnt the hell out of them. Coffee beans are similar to beef in that the more cooked it is, the shittier product they can get away with selling to you because you can't tell the difference when shit's overcooked. Dark-roast is bitter, has less caffeine and uses the lowest quality beans the seller is willing to obtain, which is usually the cheapest garbage they know they can get by you. There's a reason why Starbucks tastes like the smell of burnt assholes... because it's what's cheap.

Fine-grind those beans into borderline powder and use them for espresso. The more coarse the grind, the less coffee you actually extract by volume. Using pressure to force hot water through the grounds also makes extraction more efficient, not to mention it brews your coffee way faster. Espresso is a far more versatile starting point than regular drip coffee. Hell, just add water to your espresso like a heathen if you prefer it that way.

I honestly just prefer to brew tons of espresso at a time to keep in an airtight bottle in the fridge so I can mix a scrub latte on the fly and microwave it or have cold espresso ready to mix with some ice cream without making a gross, melty mess. Hint-hint, iced coffee lovers. I only add a touch of sweetener to the lattes since it's already got so much milk in it. Better yet, melt some ganache into the mug instead for an occasional treat. If you store your espresso properly, you honestly won't taste the difference from just-brewed. You can even get that thin layer of foam on top just by shaking the bottle before pouring your dose of espresso, but the foam will be a nice combination of milk and coffee in stead of just milk foam.

soft breathing

god has left the building a long time ago.
kiwifarms.net
Usually just black, sometimes with a splash of milk.

If I want to spoil myself a little, I make some Vietnamese coffee - with robusta beans in those cute little drippers they have ontop of sweetened condensed milk. I obviously stole the photo to showcase the whole thing.

1591702705377.png

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Return of the Freaker

The ass was THIS fat
kiwifarms.net
I usually go for darker roasts. Before I stopped buying Starbucks I really liked their blonde roast too. Haven't found something similar yet.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
Not much of a coffee guy, ironically enough. If I have to have it though, I prefer it with some milk and sugar. Pure black is just unbearably bitter to me.

• Feels
Reactions: Dialtone

Cowboy Boot

kiwifarms.net
I'm not hardcore enough/my teeth are too white for black coffee. I like my coffee tan.
Lately I've been LOVING the meme-y korean dalgona coffee. I can really feel the caffeine coursing through me.

Tags
None