What kind of history sperg are you? -

Give Her The D

Amputee without a Soul
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd imagine we all have a type of history we all sperg over, what's yours?

I like to historysperg over natural disasters. I'm listening to videos about the 1994 Northridge earthquake right now and thinking how amazing something that close to the city, yet so weak (compared to some of the stuff we've had in the past 25-ish years) could cause so much damage, same thing with the Loma Prieta earthquake.

The Shadow

Pulp Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I'm all over the place. I don't think I have a singular piece of history I sperg over. Weapons, maybe. I like reading about the evolution of something like the tommygun from concept to the final production variant.

Oh, and anything regarding the little we know about the Minoans and the Picts.

Last edited:

stupidpieceofshit

Halloween in January is better.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I used to sperg out over the US History as a kid, these days I serg out more over natural distastes, weather related stuff, and distastes in general such as The Station fire.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Much as I find recent human history interesting I'm more fascinated by long term processes such as the geological history of the Earth and the amazing way the surface of the planet is only static and unchanging by our extremely limited definition of those two things.

Leadlight_

Breaking the stained-glass ceiling since 1478
kiwifarms.net
Oh, Medieval history all the way.

There's something just terribly interesting in it for me, and I wish I could find the words to describe why.. The Middle-Ages is simply in incredibly fascinating and colourful period for humanity.

Byzantine history is also equally fascinating, although it's harder to find as much information.

Slamerella

If I won't do it, then who will?
kiwifarms.net
Colonial times. I still love the mystery of the Roanoke Colony just because it hasn't been solved and wont ever be.

• Informative
Reactions: A Cold Potato

ulsterscotsman

Níl mo ainm Ian Brandon rud éigin!
kiwifarms.net
The history of the Irish Republican and Loyalist armed groups is something I could sperg for hours on end for.
But also Irish History, Irish Mythology and Weapons history.
But seriously ask me about the history of something like the Official IRA, 'Irish People's Liberation Organisation (IPLO)' or even the 'Loyalist Volunteer Force (LVF)' and I'll keep you here for hours.

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
I'd imagine we all have a type of history we all sperg over, what's yours?

I like to historysperg over natural disasters. I'm listening to videos about the 1994 Northridge earthquake right now and thinking how amazing something that close to the city, yet so weak (compared to some of the stuff we've had in the past 25-ish years) could cause so much damage, same thing with the Loma Prieta earthquake.
Any type of history, because I am a history freak.

Here is one for your natural disasters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958_Lituya_Bay_megatsunami
https://geology.com/records/biggest-tsunami.shtml

The force of the wave removed all trees and vegetation from elevations as high as 1720 feet (524 meters) above sea level. Millions of trees were uprooted and swept away by the wave. This is the highest wave that has ever been known.

• Informative

ricecake

kiwifarms.net
New Testament. Whether you think any of it is true or not, the BIble is the most influential set of documents in the history of western civilization, so it's good to know how it came to be.
I was into Old Testament history for a good decade. That was interesting to see how sanitized the OT/Judaism is now compared to how it was historically.

Right now I am really into reading about historical world fairs and expositions. Specifically reading about architecture.

OhGoy

anxiety = pain
kiwifarms.net
i'm not much of a sperg (at least when it comes to history), but i always found gunpowder warfare around the 17th-19th century to be fascinating

someone, somewhere, at sometime basically thought, "hey, you know what we should do? let's have everyone's armies line up and take turns firing at eachother"

...i'm simplifying things, of course

even so, it's still ridiculous to me that such a time period existed

• Informative

gachacunt

moonriver & me.
kiwifarms.net
Ancient anything ( but in particular Greece, Rome, and China ), Feudal Japan, and France. However I love consuming any kind of history, so i'm definitely not picky.

• Informative

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
someone, somewhere, at sometime basically thought, "hey, you know what we should do? let's have everyone's armies line up and take turns firing at eachother"

...i'm simplifying things, of course
It seems silly by our modern comprehension of weapons and war but that really was the most effective way to make use of guns in that period of their development.

BeanBidan

Welcome to Silent Hill faggots.
kiwifarms.net
I used to get a hardy over WW1 and how fast moderization of weapons and the war tactics evolved.
But due to drugs and shit I forgot a lot of it and never cared to re-learn it.

• Informative
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino