What makes a man want to marry? I think men don't want to marry anymore.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Are you married or single on the Farms?

• Total voters

Maltninja

Lemons
kiwifarms.net
Been married for 12 years. No regrets. Gotta be honest, it doesn't surprise me that a lot of farmers are against marriage. We're all a bit fucked in the head.

my advice concerning marriage is pretty much ignore everyone's advice. If you need help deciding or whatever, your probably not ready. You need to know yourself well.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
Been married for 12 years. No regrets. Gotta be honest, it doesn't surprise me that a lot of farmers are against marriage. We're all a bit fucked in the head.

my advice concerning marriage is pretty much ignore everyone's advice. If you need help deciding or whatever, your probably not ready. You need to know yourself well.
That's good advice even if you don't want to get married. It ain't for everyone.

Congrats, btw.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This boomer pseudo-spirituality lmao
men and women are competitors for the same resources these days, chumbo

It's been true since the beginning of time. And I don't see that changing anytime soon. The times may have changed, but we can't really live without each other. Sooner these people who have been affected by this nihilistic kind of mindset realize that the better.

U

UW 411

kiwifarms.net
Some of the happiest, longest lasting and most committed relationships I've seen have never bothered to marry.
I know/have known plenty of happily married couples but most of them were childhood sweethearts to the grave.

It's just not that big of a deal to many people anymore. The stigma around being unwed and the pressure to shack up young were marginally stronger in the past and divorce was frowned upon more. stating the obvious, really.

DocHoliday1977

Mentally Disabled Schizoposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm married to your mom LOL

I feel bad for you.

Nobody is an island, but that doesn't make us all habitable. By numbers alone you can not have everyone find friends, let alone a partner.

So, uh, is hatred of the male gender completely normal or?

Nope, it’s just that hatred of of the female gender is embedded in society. Feminism is a response to that not an isolated occurrence.

I'm gonna give some advice to you lot. If you ever find yourself with the opportunity to enter a long-distance relationship, don't. Just don't.

I tried it for 4 years and it was a mistake from the very beginning. Was with her physically for 2 weeks, then she stabbed me in the back out of nowhere and chose her woke friends over me. Bottom line, if you think a long-distance relationship will work, automatically assume it won't and try to find someone actually local and save both yourself and the other person a world of hassle.

She probably never thought you were serious about her and sounds like you triggered her in some way.

This thread is for men to single out the married ladies to get them to cheat so they can cuck. :tomgirl:

No, I don’t think so.

People who want to get married have decided on their own and no persuading or dissuading will change that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Humans have done their damndest to escape evolution. We're talking primal instincts here; Trying to survive and obtain resources to make life easier. A man wants someone to keep their genetic immortality and the woman wants someone to keep their frail body intact. Women have no need for that, they have their paycheck and their safety, if you want a man, they have to be exceptionally high value to top that. As for men, tough luck. A lot of what marriage and subsequently divorce entails is made to benefit the woman and any possible children, so there's is no guarantee of safety in that deal as opposed to being single and picking up the occasional bimbo from a bar.

Neither gender has any other reason than companionship to get involved with each other and companionship you can get without risking your own sexual value in the eyes of other people. Evolution has no choice in this, evolution equipped us with a set of survival instincts and we're already fulfilling them. Just not the way that nature was expecting.

I personally think that those that do marry have managed to find the spiritual mate they need. Others who don’t look to find that one who’s bonded to them in that way tend to struggle.

I agree with her.

13 people are married on Kiwifarms and happy. That’s a larger percentage than I thought. So maybe there is a good thing with marriage that we’re overlooking.

Last edited:

Clop

kiwifarms.net
I agree with her.
I guess I just don't quite understand what you mean by society hating women, then.

I can't see it. I can see apathy towards men, but not hate towards women, unless you count the occasional tard whining on the Internet. Society tends to put a quick stop to any women being harassed.

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess I just don't quite understand what you mean by society hating women, then.

I can't see it. I can see apathy towards men, but not hate towards women, unless you count the occasional tard whining on the Internet. Society tends to put a quick stop to any women being harassed.

Lmao, no it doesn’t. Not in my case, I had insidious weirdos with money pull strings to harass me even more. Those psychos enjoy harassing women.
Men run the show, that’s how it is.

I should have been able to have the police arrest my stalkers to ensure my safety, but rich men with no character called up the police and told them not to. This is why I loathe Harvey Weinstein and Tony Robbins. They’ve sent rape, kidnapping, and death threats to me for 5 years and the law lets them.

Well jesus, maybe you should go to the police, that sounds fucking terrifying.

I did. Nothing happened.

Last edited:

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

EDIT: Bad news, rich men is not the same as men. This was a nothingburger.

Pardon? So rich and wealthy men aren’t men anymore?

Clop

kiwifarms.net
Pardon? So rich and wealthy men aren’t men anymore?
No, I thought you meant that men have some weird privilege in life, but the truth is that there are things such as 'beautiful people'-privilege and 'rich people'-privilege. That world is full of stories from your typical workers like runners, cleaners, producers, etc. of both men and women with either the wealth or the genes to just walk all over everyone else. It's nothing new.

If you want to make that into "men run the show" then I can't convince you otherwise. No one can.

U

UQ 770

kiwifarms.net
Marriage is one of those things like having kids where, if you decide to pull the trigger and you're with a good partner, its great. Best things to ever happen to you. Its entering into a contract that makes you one unit, and you get to pool your resources with someone who can adress your flaws and amplify your strengths while you reciprocate.

If you get a bad partner, their flaws overshadow your strengths. Or worse, they're controlling and now you have a lot to lose by disengaging. God help you if you have kids in this scenario. Have fun watching all of your partner's mental problems emerge in your offspring in addition to any you may have yourself.

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, I thought you meant that men have some weird privilege in life, but the truth is that there are things such as 'beautiful people'-privilege and 'rich people'-privilege. That world is full of stories from your typical workers like runners, cleaners, producers, etc. of both men and women with either the wealth or the genes to just walk all over everyone else. It's nothing new.

If you want to make that into "men run the show" then I can't convince you otherwise. No one can.

Andrew Jackson vs John Marshall concerning the Cherokee Nation.

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
13 people are married on Kiwifarms and happy. That’s a larger percentage than I thought. So maybe there is a good thing with marriage that we’re overlooking.

Took me twice to get it right. 13 years into the first one, over 20 now on #2. I was an absolute disillusioned whore between 1 and 2 and thought nothing of sexing four different woman over the course of a weekend and often did just that.

So, why get married again if the malk is cheap and you don't have to buy the cow? Sex simply lacked any deeper meaning. It didn't make me feel any less lonely, it didn't establish a deeper personal bond, and it lacked any feeling of commitment.

There's a lot to be said for "growing old together." Being secure in the love you have for each other, even though it's not always "romantic" love. It's a security blanket you weave over time and can cover each other with when needed. Without sounding too stupid, it's the ability to fart in front of each other without shame and both laugh about it. It's about building shared memories, raising kids, and supporting each other while the rest of the world couldn't give a flying fuck about you.

It's not always easy and it's too damned easy to become cynical about your partner, or selfish. Sometimes, you have to look in the mirror and admit you were wrong. And say I'm sorry, you were right. Make up sex IS a thing.

Before I get anymore long-winded, I'll add that overall, married couples tend to live longer, healthier lives. Some of that undoubtedly due to being less self-destructive. That was definitely me between marriages. When you deeply care about someone else, you keep your own self-destructive tendencies in check because you don't want to hurt them.

I understand some of the anger and frustration you've expressed in this thread towards men. We can be assholes for sure, but give us a chance to be just what the doctor ordered, and you might be genuinely surprised.

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Took me twice to get it right. 13 years into the first one, over 20 now on #2. I was an absolute disillusioned whore between 1 and 2 and thought nothing of sexing four different woman over the course of a weekend and often did just that.

So, why get married again if the malk is cheap and you don't have to buy the cow? Sex simply lacked any deeper meaning. It didn't make me feel any less lonely, it didn't establish a deeper personal bond, and it lacked any feeling of commitment.

There's a lot to be said for "growing old together." Being secure in the love you have for each other, even though it's not always "romantic" love. It's a security blanket you weave over time and can cover each other with when needed. Without sounding too stupid, it's the ability to fart in front of each other without shame and both laugh about it. It's about building shared memories, raising kids, and supporting each other while the rest of the world couldn't give a flying fuck about you.

It's not always easy and it's too damned easy to become cynical about your partner, or selfish. Sometimes, you have to look in the mirror and admit you were wrong. And say I'm sorry, you were right. Make up sex IS a thing.

Before I get anymore long-winded, I'll add that overall, married couples tend to live longer, healthier lives. Some of that undoubtedly due to being less self-destructive. That was definitely me between marriages. When you deeply care about someone else, you keep your own self-destructive tendencies in check because you don't want to hurt them.

I understand some of the anger and frustration you've expressed in this thread towards men. We can be assholes for sure, but give us a chance to be just what the doctor ordered, and you might be genuinely surprised.

I am trying to be more magnanimous about the gender divide. I appreciate your good natured manner of speaking.

Stop talking about love
GOD
DAMMIT

Why does love bother you, dear?