What makes a man want to marry? I think men don't want to marry anymore.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Are you married or single on the Farms?

• Total voters

DocHoliday1977

Mentally Disabled Schizoposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All babies born to women in their 40s are born from rotten eggs and are afflicted with some degree of primordial cellular autismo. You don't understand the monster you're creating.

I work with children and families in the developmental and educational arena. You all here have no idea with autism and child development....and by the way, I know of 2 children with young parents who had autistic children.

So do some research.....not kiwifarms research.

“Some genetic mutations seem to be inherited, while others occur spontaneously. Environmental factors. Researchers are currently exploring whether factors such as viral infections, medications or complications during pregnancy, or air pollutants play a role in triggering autism spectrum disorder.Jan 6, 2018” - I don’t see eggs in this, do you?

I voted married, but it isn't strictly true. I've been in an intensely satisfying relationship for nearly two decades. It was love at first sight, and we continue to be stupid for each other, despite having a ton of distractions and challenges. Marriage was never a consideration, and why would it be? Its an antiquated concept. The notion of one man transferring stewardship of a female to another, while I'm sure it had it's purpose long ago, its no longer necessary. Currently, marriage is a scary financial contract that can stretch your asshole for you - don't do it, and REALLY don't do it in Canada.

https://youtu.be/SaC-2lj6HNg (Dave Foley ruined in bitter divorce)

Find a partner of excellent, unimpeachable character. A person you trust with your fucking life - do NOT settle for less. Only then can you establish a family and intermingle your financial lives. It can be extremely tempting to settle - don't.

A family is based in trust, friendship and love. You don't need a business contract.

Question, so you know this woman and she’s a good girl, do you think she’d become a greedy bitch if you married her? Would she change? You know there’s ways to be married and have separate finances.

I heard of Dave’s situation though, that woman was nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Providence

Professor of Gender Studies, Miskatonic '92
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, I don't think marriage would change anything, but it seems like a money grab what with the rings and clothes and nonsense - I don't see the point.

Dave's situation is terrifying and I don't think it's particularly uncommon. I know a man who is legally forced through wage garnishment to pay child support for three children who were borne of a long term affair the mother had with a family friend. She lives with the man now, the biological father of her three children, and collects money from my friend, who lives in poverty. Shocking outcomes. We should boycott the practice until reforms are put in place to prevent this type of exploitation and abuse.

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, I don't think marriage would change anything, but it seems like a money grab what with the rings and clothes and nonsense - I don't see the point.

Dave's situation is terrifying and I don't think it's particularly uncommon. I know a man who is legally forced through wage garnishment to pay child support for three children who were borne of a long term affair the mother had with a family friend. She lives with the man now, the biological father of her three children, and collects money from my friend, who lives in poverty. Shocking outcomes. We should boycott the practice until reforms are put in place to prevent this type of exploitation and abuse.

Why was she carting those young kids everywhere? Oh I figured it out as I write that first sentence, she kidnapped them so CPS wouldn’t take them... crazy ass bitch, the damage done to those children, grrrrrrrrrr.

Me personally as a southern woman, I’d have too much pride to go groveling for divorce money. Plus, I’d want my kids to have a relationship with their father (I’m big on doing the right thing cause I’m aware of bad environments that can mess kids up)

Grown ass people who talk things out beforehand PRACTICALLY and not on hormones tend to find better successful relationships.

Africa....geez.

Good luck to you.

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So people have lost interest?

20 people out of 72 on kiwifarms are happily married. I did not anticipate that.

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
Many women in their 40’s have healthy babies. Don’t listen to psychos like self help gurus. But do remember you keep people out, be ready to be alone. 60 and alone, or 60 and a proud father?

I have my own concerns though. The reality of having a full body breathing person in your life disconcerts me.
Sure, many women in their 40's have had healthy babies. But also many haven't, and it's more likely that the older you get, the more complications come from having a kid. Not only that, there are also the chance to hooking up with a woman my age who already has children and doesn't want to go through that again. It sounds shitty, but guys don't like the idea of helping to raise another guy's kids. And then there are women that straight up don't want to have kids.

Come to think of it, in my 20 years of adult life, almost everybody I've known was either perpetually single/childless, or a single parent. The two exceptions I can think of was a guy somewhat older than me who as far as I could piece together used a fertilization clinic, and another being a lady I worked with that we got along great, but she was married, and had two children from two different fathers.

I guess I'm going all red-pill here, but I think the break down of traditional families might not be the empowering thing the left wanted us to think it was.

Now I have to ask, why do you ask this question? Why are you concerned with marriage? What makes you not want to bring a full body breathing person into existence?

Yeah, this is why guys are skeptical about marriage. This reminds me of a story about a guy getting screwed by the system, so he put a rope around his neck, put the other end around a tree, got into his sports car his wife was going to take, and hit the gas and ripped his head off all over the interior. This is what happens when you divide the sexes.

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sure, many women in their 40's have had healthy babies. But also many haven't, and it's more likely that the older you get, the more complications come from having a kid. Not only that, there are also the chance to hooking up with a woman my age who already has children and doesn't want to go through that again. It sounds shitty, but guys don't like the idea of helping to raise another guy's kids. And then there are women that straight up don't want to have kids.

Come to think of it, in my 20 years of adult life, almost everybody I've known was either perpetually single/childless, or a single parent. The two exceptions I can think of was a guy somewhat older than me who as far as I could piece together used a fertilization clinic, and another being a lady I worked with that we got along great, but she was married, and had two children from two different fathers.

I guess I'm going all red-pill here, but I think the break down of traditional families might not be the empowering thing the left wanted us to think it was.

Now I have to ask, why do you ask this question? Why are you concerned with marriage? What makes you not want to bring a full body breathing person into existence?

Yeah, this is why guys are skeptical about marriage. This reminds me of a story about a guy getting screwed by the system, so he put a rope around his neck, put the other end around a tree, got into his sports car his wife was going to take, and hit the gas and ripped his head off all over the interior. This is what happens when you divide the sexes.

Actually I want to have a child and raise it, I’m iffy about the husband though.

He was upset, huh

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
Actually I want to have a child and raise it, I’m iffy about the husband though.

He was upset, huh
But you out right stated that you don't want to have a child. If you're going to be iffy about a husband, drop him. If you want a kid and he doesn't, drop him.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Alimony and child support aren't even the worst of it.

Men must prove that their women is crazy while its just taken for granted that the man is bad. Kinda why I don't buy the claim about false rape accusations being few and far between.

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alimony and child support aren't even the worst of it.

Men must prove that their women is crazy while its just taken for granted that the man is bad. Kinda why I don't buy the claim about false rape accusations being few and far between.

Poor guy. :(

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She's not a bad girl. She found me right after I quit drinking, and has put up with a few bizarre events.

I'm not unhappy with her so don't worry about me. I feel like someone better for me could be out there, but I haven't met them yet so for the time being I guess I'm actually pretty happy.

Congratulations.

Hoopla

kiwifarms.net
Is there any reason to marry except for traditionalism or tax benefits? There is always a probability that someday the relationship won't work out anymore, even if you know your SO for years and you call her the love of your life.
However, being married makes everything complicated, especially if both parties are unhappy in the relationship as the legal matters are a pain in the ass. I think tax benefits should rather be coupled to having children than being in a marriage.

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
Lived in a rural area in the Midwest. Used to read accounts of weddings in the local weekly paper all through the summer. Don't believe that's quite the case any more. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Believe more and more young men and young women opt to get an education, join the military, move away and get jobs, in preference to immediately marrying.
Ten years ago, I went to look up a childhood friend who I had a crush on, and she was out in the Midwest. She grew up to be an athlete and "all American" sort of girl, kinda like the ones off of preppy high school dramas. She married right out of high school with a guy who looked like he came from the same kind of shows, and lived out on a resort town on Lake Michigan. After a bit of research, she was not married anymore by the time I got her info. Two years in, she immediately divorced the guy and moved back into her parent's place. Some posts by her sisters and friends implied that they fought a lot and that he was abusive. While small towns are nice, I'm not going to lie that they can attract some major underachieving white trash who think they can just slum it in this day and age at a shitty job and be fueled solely by singleminded patriotism and copious amounts of booze. If I was in that kind of situation, fuck, I'd kill myself.

Also, immense thanks for your wisdom and knowledge on relationships.

DocHoliday1977

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ten years ago, I went to look up a childhood friend who I had a crush on, and she was out in the Midwest. She grew up to be an athlete and "all American" sort of girl, kinda like the ones off of preppy high school dramas. She married right out of high school with a guy who looked like he came from the same kind of shows, and lived out on a resort town on Lake Michigan. After a bit of research, she was not married anymore by the time I got her info. Two years in, she immediately divorced the guy and moved back into her parent's place. Some posts by her sisters and friends implied that they fought a lot and that he was abusive. While small towns are nice, I'm not going to lie that they can attract some major underachieving white trash who think they can just slum it in this day and age at a shitty job and be fueled solely by singleminded patriotism and copious amounts of booze. If I was in that kind of situation, fuck, I'd kill myself.

Also, immense thanks for your wisdom and knowledge on relationships.

Don’t mention it. It’s a tribute to one’s intense desire not to be a fuck up idiot stuck in a tween personality disorder for the rest of one’s life while being a caring productive and contributing factor to society in a positive way.

Or short version- Not being an asshole. Awesome post!

Also, do you have reoccurring thoughts of suicide?

Last edited: