What makes a man want to marry? I think men don't want to marry anymore.

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Are you married or single on the Farms?

• Total voters

MrTickles

Cultured gentleman but fucks like Bunny.
kiwifarms.net
In the west, only a foolish man would marry. Everything is stacked against you. You're basically giving up everything (financial and emotional) on the off-chance she doesn't get bored and leaves you taking your finances AND emotional center (children). The cost- benefit ratio is so skewed you'd have to be brain dead to consider it.

The Final Troondown

Illuminati (((Gold))) Membership
kiwifarms.net
I honestly think having kids wrecks most marriages
They turn your spouse from 'fun sexy person I do fun things with' to 'colleague in a thankless task'

In my experience the couples with kids resent each other while the childless couples generally look like they enjoy being around each other

Zero Day Defense

Includes Rumble Pak (tm)
kiwifarms.net
I'm getting that fucking "My love quest is finally over" trophy

fam you're really playing russian roulette if you're going to be marrying from that pool

I've had about 3 girls I considered marrying but every single one of them turned out to be absolutely insane after either 2 years or 5 years of being together. The fact that someone can hide a side of themselves like that through years of being together is scary. I still wouldn't mind having a family at all, kids are cool, but I'm never ever going to marry. Every girl seems to be ridden with mental issues, even if they're from the countryside and either end up threatening to kill themselves or kill your dog. It's insane.

That sounds like the premise for a country-metal fusion song.

DocHoliday1977

Mentally Disabled Schizoposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They are all from the countryside? I'm assuming you are from the city. Are you a liar, cause country girls lose their shit and patience with liars and manipulators. They'll cut you.

El Sátiro Sordo

kiwifarms.net

8 facts about love and marriage in America
By A.W. Geiger and Gretchen Livingston

(Gary Friedman/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)
The landscape of relationships in America has shifted dramatically in recent decades. From cohabitation to same-sex marriage to interracial and interethnic marriage, here are eight facts about love and marriage in the United States.
1Half of Americans ages 18 and older were married in 2017, a share that has remained relatively stable in recent years but is down 8 percentage points since 1990. One factor driving this change is that Americans are staying single longer. The median age at first marriage had reached its highest point on record: 30 years for men and 28 years for women in 2018, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
As the U.S. marriage rate has declined, divorce rates have increased among older Americans. In 2015, for every 1,000 married adults ages 50 and older, 10 had divorced – up from five in 1990. Among those ages 65 and older, the divorce rate roughly tripled since 1990.

2 Why get married? Love tops the list of Americans’ reasons to marry. About nine-in-ten Americans (88%) cited love as a very important reason to get married, ahead of making a lifelong commitment (81%) and companionship (76%), according to a 2013 Pew Research Center survey. Fewer said having their relationship recognized in a religious ceremony (30%), financial stability (28%) or legal rights and benefits (23%) were very important reasons to marry.
However, being a good financial provider was seen as particularly important for men to be a good husband or partner, according to a 2017 survey by the Center. About seven-in-ten adults (71%) said it was very important for a man to be able to support a family financially to be a good husband or partner, while just 32% said the same for a woman to be a good wife or partner.
As far as what helps people stay married, married adults said in a 2015 survey that having shared interests (64%) and a satisfying sexual relationship (61%) were very important to a successful marriage. More than half (56%) also named sharing household chores.
3The number of U.S. adults cohabiting with a partner is on the rise. In addition to the half of U.S. adults who were married, 7% were cohabiting in 2016. The number of Americans living with an unmarried partner reached about 18 million in 2016, up 29% since 2007. Roughly half of cohabiters are younger than 35 – but cohabitation is rising most quickly among Americans ages 50 and older.
Large majorities of Generation Zers, Millennials, Generation Xers and Baby Boomers say couples living together without being married doesn’t make a difference for our society, according to a 2019 Pew Research Center report. While 54% of those in the Silent Generation say cohabitation doesn’t make a difference in society, about four-in-ten (41%) say it is a bad thing, compared with much smaller shares among younger generations.
4 Four-in-ten new marriages involve remarriage Remarriage is on the rise. In 2013, 23% of married people had been married before, compared with just 13% in 1960. Four-in-ten new marriages in 2013 included a spouse who had said “I do” (at least) once before, and in 20% of new marriages both spouses had been married at least once before.
Remarriage is more common among men than women. Among previously married men (those who were ever divorced or widowed), 64% took a second walk down the aisle, compared with 52% of previously married women, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of 2013 Census Bureau data. One possible reason for this disparity is that women are less interested than men in remarrying. Among previously married women, 54% said in a 2014 Pew Research Center survey that they did not want to marry again, compared with 30% of men.
PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-00-05.png
One-in-six newlyweds (17%) were married to someone of a different race or ethnicity in 2015.
This reflects a steady increase in intermarriage since 1967, when just 3% of newlyweds were intermarried, according to a 2017 Pew Research Center analysis.
While Asian (29%) and Hispanic (27%) newlyweds are most likely to intermarry in the U.S., the most dramatic increases in intermarriage have occurred among black newlyweds, 18% of whom married someone of a different race or ethnicity, up from 5% in 1980. About one-in-ten white newlyweds (11%) are married to someone of a different race or ethnicity.
Among both Gen Zers and Millennials, 53% say people of different races marrying each other is a good thing for our society, compared with 41% of Gen Xers, 30% of Boomers and 20% of those in the Silent Generation, according to the Center’s 2019 report.
6Support for the legalization of same-sex marriage has grown in the past 10 years. In 2007, Americans opposed legalizing same-sex marriage by a margin of 54% to 37%. In 2017, more favored (62%) than opposed (32%) allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally.
Surveys conducted by Gallup found that about one-in-ten LGBT Americans (10%) were married to a same-sex spouse in 2017. Now, a majority (61%) of all same-sex couples who live together are married.
7 About half of Gen Zers and Millennials say same-sex marriage, interracial marriage are good for society Millennials and Generation Z have been at the vanguard of changing views on same-sex marriage. About half of Gen Zers and Millennials say gay and lesbian couples being allowed to marry is a good thing for our society, while 33% of Gen Xers, 27% of Boomers and 18% of Silents say the same, according to the 2019 report.
8Sizable minorities of married people are members of a different religious group than their partner, but marriages and partnerships across political party lines are relatively rare. About four-in-ten Americans who have married since 2010 (39%) have a spouse who is in a different religious group, compared with only 19% of those who wed before 1960, according to a 2014 Pew Research Center survey. Many of these interfaith marriages are between Christians and those who are religiously unaffiliated.
When it comes to politics, a 2016 Pew Research Center survey found 77% of both Republicans and Democrats who were married or living with a partner said their spouse or partner was in the same party.
I personaly think the only purpose of marriage is raising children; adopted or otherwise.

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
Overall I disagree with the premise of the OP.

If he's simply talking about the ramifications of legal marriage, and perhaps some people preferring to opt out of the legal formalities while still living as a committed couple and/or having a ceremony (e.x. such as same-sex couples who would still have church ceremonies even before their unions were able to be legally recognized), that's one thing.

Realistically though, the best way to have sex on a regular basis is to marry or live as a couple - even some guy who is a "hardcore player" who has lots of 1=night stands isn't going to be able to have the frequency of sex as an actual couple.

(For example, some statistics have said that an average couple has sex 1-2 times a week - this means that a person who only has 1-night stands would have to be able to have 1-2 different partners a week - every week - every year just to have the same amount of sex, and since they're hooking up with strangers, they wont have the intimacy or trust to explore each others' preferences and 'kinks' like an actual couple would).

So unless someone is fully content not being able to have access to sex on a regular basis (and/or is 100% against the idea of having children), most people are going to settle for getting married or into a stable relationship.

---

Also, most of the 'guys' I've encountered who are adamantly against marriage are just losers or manbabies who won't take any personal responsibility for their own stupid life decisions (e.x. such as voluntarily entering an 'unfair' legal contract, which they were probably to lazy to even read or comprehend, and acting like little children or weaklings whom the partner somehow "forced" them to at gunpoint).

This isn't even saying that people "should" get married or sign any specific legal contract, just that I don't buy or listen to the losers who piss and moan about their own poor life decisions or blame "women" as a whole for it, as if it wasn't their own pathetic fault. I just view them the same as "radical feminists" like Andrea Dworkin or Valerie Solanas who are delusional and blame "men" for anything shitty that happened to them, or that they did to themselves.

Last edited:

Billy Beer

kiwifarms.net
Marriage is weird nowadays. Loads of people are anti-christian/Catholic/religion yet they want to have a Christian marriage, in a church, under the eyes of God, reciting holy vows.

It makes no sense. Even worse is when fags marry. No, dipshits, the Lord hates you, you cannot marry in his house. If I was religious I would say this is a move by the devil to ruin the name of God

Unyielding Stupidity

Zero women, zero money, seven undiscovered bodies.
kiwifarms.net
I think most people of both sexes are still up for long-term relationships with a single partner, it's just that people are less interested in officially getting married now due to knowing that at any point, your partner could decide to terminate the relationship and be legally entitled to half of your property - even if you got that property before you even knew your partner. You also have to consider the fact that since the rate of divorce has skyrocketed in the last few decades, a lot of the people that are entering the dating scene now have a good chance of having divorced parents, which will certainly taint their view of marriage due to knowing what happens when it goes wrong.

It's also worth thinking about how other cultures view relationships and marriages, particularly countries that have high rates of arranged marriages like India. From what I've heard and read, people over there tend to view love as something that blossoms over the course of a marriage, which is rather different to the Western idea of realizing whether or not that any prospective partner is "the one" the moment you meet them. Now, which one is the preferable option is a very subjective question, but it's always worth looking at the alternatives to realize what the comparative strengths and weaknesses are of our views of marriage and love, to see how we can lessen the weaknesses and bolster the strengths of what we currently have.

shameful existence

crystal mind and magenta feelings
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
partner could decide to terminate the relationship and be legally entitled to half of your property - even if you got that property before you even knew your partner.
Does anyone know where exactly this is the case? I thought some of the US states and perhaps Canada, but a google search seems to be giving mixed answers.

Seventh Star

hungry burger fan
kiwifarms.net
I do have these plans. However the more time goes on the more I realize the world I grew in is quickly fading away and that it would be more merciful to keep my kid away from how crazy things have gotten. I am incompatible with almost everyone at this point and I can't really talk to anyone, even on this site. It sounds edgy as fuck but it's pretty much impossible to find someone to agree with or even talk to, I just get indignant way too quickly with whatever stupid shit they say or I find them too obnoxious to talk to. Slowly any plans of marriage I have for the future will fade away.

Utilitarian Clit Dick

kiwifarms.net
If you count western women amongst the candidates, those who are reasonably attractive, thin, pleasant to be around, not retarded, and whose pussy doesn't resemble a skydiver's mouth or torn Wellington boot - you're looking at maybe 1%.

If I marry, it sure as fuck isn't going to be with a white woman.

mario if smoke weed

Maclunkey.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not marrying unless I'm lucky enough to find someone that'll love me for who I am. I am not desperate enough to hook up just for the sake of avoiding loneliness because I am not a mega faggot who feeds on socialization and validation from others.

It really doesn't help most women in my age range (the early zoomers/late millennials) seem to be obsessed with social justice, partying, fucking dogs, or some other dumb shit that I couldn't give a rat's ass about. Hell, I couldn't even tell 99% of them a George Floyd joke without them cancelling me on Twitter. :(