What makes you obsess so hard about DSP? - a genuine question

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Michiru

The Washing of Dishes
kiwifarms.net
It's like a soap opera, or wrestling, or an anime with 600 episodes. Once you watch a little, you want to get filled in on the story to date. And after that, now you're invested. It's only logical to want to follow the story to the end. As a bonus, he's quite conducive to conversation. Due to playing at least half of all relevant games to come out in the last decade.

As for why people *obsess* over him? Like SOK level? My best guess is that many of them simply are too easily consumed by their hobbies. If it wasn't DSP-watching, it would be games, it would be fixing computers, it would be something else. (This definitely includes you, by the way, @Fayt.) The majority of them need a good slap, I assume. A moment forced on them, where they realize the level of their investment is silly and they need to step back. The SOK dissolution was that moment for a lot of people.

Tevin said something recently in one of his videos. About how Phil's only real talent was demonstrating how not to go through life. But that despite this talent, many people would make his exact mistakes. "Sometimes people still need to have it be them who fucks up before they really understand." Gifted is just autistic. He'll never understand. But someone who gets casually shamed by a friend when the friend sees how much time and effort gets wasted "detracting" might only need that.

(Personally, I firmly believe that, as long as they don't get him killed or anything, Phil deserves his insistent swarm of screeching, fact-checking, moralfagging A-Logs -- whatever their reasoning may be. I appreciate their :autism:, even if I could never envision doing it myself. Think of it like being a garbage collector, or a Wikipedia editor.)

Last edited:

gaarashatan

kiwifarms.net
i enjoy watching the meme that is his life, i mean if there was a roller coaster on fire you wouldnt watch it? everytime i turn around he makes a bigger fool of himself. its almost an experiment at this point. just how delusional can one man really get.

Status
Not open for further replies.