What movie/tv show/other entertainment medium made you cry like a baby? -

I used to watch school shooting documentaries and cry tears of joy imagining I was the shooter and all the kids/teachers getting shot were the ones who had disrespected or wronged me in some way. fortunately I grew out of that and now only really enjoy watching non-school mass shootings. I've watched the Christchurch video dozens of times and sometimes it still makes me tear up a little. no media has ever made me cry tears of sadness though because I'm not a soyboy.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
"All the Weyrs of Pern" by Anne McCaffrey. If you were into the Pern series a fairly major character dies, and a secondary character at the same time. It made me sob at 16.

Oscar Wildean

Stephen Fries
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When Debra Winger's character dies from Cancer in Terms Of Endearment.

It's a simple scene and not even dramatic. But I lost my mother to Cancer and god, it hurts to watch it now. I cry like a baby when the daughter finally dies.
It perfectly shows the emotions where you think it'll be a relief when they eventually die since they've suffered so much, but you realize it's not.

Last edited:

LongtimeLurker

kiwifarms.net
As a kid I used to snicker whenever my mother would tell me about how she saw the Pet Sematary movie after I was born and cried when the boy was killed because of her new perspective as a parent. When my son was born I thought "wouldn't it be funny if..." and watched it myself.

... sorry for always snickering, mom. The movie was not good and I still couldn't do it. Couldn't even watch the scene. Just shut it off and cried onto my baby. Can't even think about trying again now, either, the child actor looks too much like my son. The projection is real.

I'm more ashamed to admit that I sobbed way too hard reading the book when the daughter learns about death and cries over her cat's inevitable death.

As a kid I was easily moved to tears and can't even remember a tenth of the media that made me cry, but as an adult that's the one that hit me.

Last edited:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a great movie and devastatingly sad. It didn't make me cry but it made me lie in bed with a woebegone expression for a long time, which is much worse than a quick cry. I'd rather not watch it again, it's a real gut punch.
Pretty much this. My brothers wailed over it, though, when I happened upon them watching it. Can't imagine how they'll react to Barefoot Gen tbh.

• Feels
Reactions: Ted_Breakfast

Oscar Wildean

Stephen Fries
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a great movie and devastatingly sad. It didn't make me cry but it made me lie in bed with a woebegone expression for a long time, which is much worse than a quick cry. I'd rather not watch it again, it's a real gut punch.

This part where the sister cries and the brother tries to cheer her up always did it for me.

Moguro Fukuzou

Customer Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
kiwifarms.net
There was a bunch of stuff I cried at as a kid, the most memorable to me being the ending of The Iron Giant.

More recently, I'm not ashamed to say that I was sniffling all the way through Christopher Robin and full-on bawling by the end. As soon as I heard Winnie the Pooh's voice I knew to pull out the Kleenex, him and the Hundred acre woods were a big part of my childhood and the way the movie dealt with the idea of growing up into an adult really struck a cord. There's a part where pooh is asking Christopher Robin about his job as an efficiency manager and if he had any friends there, which he denied as it made it harder to let them go and Pooh just comes in with the painful "Did you let me go too?" It styles itself as a kids movie but really felt like it was directed at adults with exchanges like this:
[referring sending Madeline to boarding school]
Evelyn Robin: And come on, Christopher. You know she doesn’t want to go.
Christopher Robin: I went away when I was her age. It’ll prepare her for the real world. Set her up for a career. Which, well, isn’t that our responsibility to her?
[Evelyn looks down and shakes her head]
Christopher Robin: What?
Evelyn Robin: Do you even like your job?
Christopher Robin: What’s that got to do with anything?
Evelyn Robin: You’re going to hit your limit. One day you’re going to crack.
Christopher Robin: Evelyn. Look, if I work really hard now, then in the future our life will be…
Evelyn Robin: Will be what? Will be better? Worse? We don’t care, we want you. This is life, Christopher. This weekend is your life. Your life is happening now. Right in front of you. Look. Hello! Yahoo. Remember me? I’m your wife. And that’s another thing. I haven’t seen you laugh in years.
Christopher Robin: Evelyn.
Evelyn Robin: I want to see you have fun, sometimes. Be silly. I didn’t fall for you because you had your career set up.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. Easily the best version of the story (fight me) despite also being radically different. Biggest tearjerker moment of that show in particular?
The death of Franz is gut-wrenching, especially in the final episode where our main character visits his grave.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This part where the sister cries and the brother tries to cheer her up always did it for me.
The tummy full of rocks makes me want to tap out. It wasn't enjoyable at that point, it was misery. It's one of the best anti-war movies ever made, but it's codliver oil.

Edit: started to watch the video but NOPE. Tapping out.

Oscar Wildean

Stephen Fries
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The tummy full of rocks makes me want to tap out. It wasn't enjoyable at that point, it was misery. It's one of the best anti-war movies ever made, but it's codliver oil.

Edit: started to watch the video but NOPE. Tapping out.
This and Casualties Of War are the two best anti-war films I've seen that made me cry.
Also the execution scene in Paths Of Glory. The first time I saw it I cried.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My mom told me I freaked out at Bambi when they shot the mother, she had to drag me outta the theatre and calm me down. I also remember crying my ass off at disney world because 'that's not donald duck, that's just some guy in a suit'.

Reactions: Heckler1

Oscar Wildean

Stephen Fries
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The ending of Schindler's List never fails to make me cry like a bitch.

Gurren Lagann hit like a bullet train too at the end. The mark of good media is making you feel invested enough in characters to cry when they die or something emotional happens to them.
The scenes that teared me up in Schindler's List were:

1. The kids being rounded up to the vehicles to be taken away to die and them waving goodbye to the parents as they run after the children.
2. Seeing the little girl's dead body getting thrown on the pile of dead people.
3. The Nazis taking away the old man with the one arm who worked for Oscar.

Amazingly the end didn't make me cry.

• Feels
Reactions: StrawberryDouche

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
I don't really cry at media, I'm a bit of an unfeeling bastard, but goddamn did some things get close to it.

The Iron Giant's ending got me a little choked up. Specifically the part where he's flying towards the rocket, thinks back to Hogart's comment that he can be anything he wants and he lets out, "Supermaaaan." It actually got me a little emotional, and it's not easy for me to feel something like that.

Child of God's ending came as a shock to the system. I wouldn't say it made me sad in the traditional sense because the main character is probably one of the most evil protagonists I ever came across, but the ending was a relentless stream of horror that by the time it all ended I felt hollow inside. I didn't know if I was sad or horrified at it.

Lisa: The Painful's ending is basically a steady stream of emotional gut punches, but the scene that really gets to me is when you're forced to kill your own party members. It's made doubly effective by the fact that they don't want to do it either but they're only doing it because Brad's selfishness would doom the human race, so they're constantly crying and skipping turns. Terry's final speech is especially sad, and it's worth making him a party member for that scene alone despite his uselessness.

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Twain wrote a series of stories regarding Adam and Eve. There are excerpts from their diaries, autobiographies of each, and the collection is known as The Papers of the Adam Family. When Eve dies... it's too poignant and beautiful to bear. It's so sorrowful. He loved her so much : (

There are chapters in Lincoln in the Bardo where the author takes snippets from newspapers, diaries, letters, and first hand accounts about his son's death, and he weaves them into a poetic narrative that is deeply moving and quite unique. They made me weep.

Spoon River Anthology
is so bare, honest, brutal, and sad. I cry just thinking about some of the monologues.

A lot of poetry makes me cry. Blake, Shelley, Byron, Neruda, Rilke, Dickinson, Ashberry. Even Bukowski a time or two.

I cried at the end of Breaking Bad, and many times though The Americans.

I am a sucker for Edward Scissorhands and at the end they know they will never see each other again- but every year after he makes it snow for her. That does me in.

I like tragedy.

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
Harry sacrificing Susan. Fuck this. Cried like a little baby, although its impact lessened after about 5 reads.
Several in this bad boy:
Michael asking Harry if he wants to come in and meet Maggie.
Harry's first proper meeting with Maggie, which I'm crying just thinking about. Fuck you Jimmy Butcher.
Shallan strangling her father to death while singing him the lullaby he used to always sing to her.
It's raining
Edit: some more
The ending hit me kind of hard
Dora's death. Can't even read the lyrics to the Pawnshop By The Corner without weeping.

Last edited:
Tags
None