What old tech do you still enjoy? - Old shit you still play around with

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do recall my great grandfather having a similar one, but smaller perhaps than yours.
They made a Baby Ben version of the same clock. These Westclox were apparently the "standard" of the day. A quick search showed quite a few up for sale ranging from $30 (dilapidated) to $350 (good condition). But seems like I could pick up a couple old ones cheap to use for parts. Also found a YouTube vid from 2013 (2:33 in is the version I have) made by a guy that collects just these. He went into a lot of geeky detail about the differences and when made, but from that info was able to peg that the version I have was made between 1923 and 1925. He also said the internal parts are all date stamped.

They really made shit to last forever in those days, didn't they? Also have my grandfather's old railroad pocket watch. He worked on the railroad his whole life. The watch is well worn, but you can still see the outline of a steam engine on the back of the case.

None of it is really worth anything much but just having those is huge sentimental value to me and connection to my family generations.

tasty humane burger

hokey cokey, pig in a pokey!
kiwifarms.net
Mostly vinyl and video games for me. I also like having physical copies of things. Blurays, DVDs and video games. Used to collect a lot of CDs then burn them onto a computer instead of doing digital downloads but hardly any laptops come with a built in disk drive anymore so that's lost as I don't like buying stuff twice.

Lord of the Large Pants

Chicks dig giant robots.
kiwifarms.net
My man. Travelling through Holland about 8 years back, I picked up a gold-plated Gillette 'Coronet' with case and blade holder for 5 Euros. Still have it today, thing is built like a brick shithouse. I use disposables for my daily shaves, but still break out that bad boy occasionally. Still got a few pucks of Proraso soap somewhere...
To be honest I don't own any actual vintage razors... but even so, modern double edge is still WAY better than cartridge or electric. I've thought about picking up an actual old one, but my Above the Tie Classic works so damn well I don't really feel the need to use anything else.

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mostly vinyl
Yeah... I needs to dig and unload some serious collector vinyl.

Oddly enough, I have an original John Lennon and Yoko Ono Two Virgins album. Found it left in a closet in PA in a house in the 70's. Album itself on Apple Records is cracked, but still plays. I remember taking acid and listening to it trying to figure out the deeper meaning.

There is none. Yoko making bird noises, whole album, both sides. The only thing that makes it interesting is that they are standing naked in front of a bed on the front cover, and them with a backshot naked the bed.

Today? Meh. Then? Scandalous!

Have some other cool vinyl, too. Styx laser engraved Paradise Theater. Devo total vinyl fuckery of gray and white spastic, not black.

Shit that was recognized special at the time.

Mesh Gear Fox

What were once vices are now habits
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Old fashioned double edged safety razors. I switched after using an electric my whole life and I've never looked back.
I love the whole ritual of lathering up a good soap and shaving. It's really enjoyable and relaxing. It's so worth the extra time it takes to use a DE because my skin is so soft and smooth afterwards.

Autumnal Equinox

Bacon! Ham hocks! Spare ribs!
kiwifarms.net
I know it’s become a bit of a hipster thing sadly, but I use an old Royal typewriter my grandpa used to own for my writing. I’ve loved writing with them since I was a kid.

I still have my snes from when I was a kid hooked up

not terribly old tech but not really in use anymore but I still use my old iPod for music instead of my phone or some other streaming service

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Still held on to my CRT from 2005 and still play 7th gen consoles on it sometimes, it's nice to play old games exactly as I remember them.

From what I understand still having a CRT is increasingly rare, but I just never really saw any point in getting rid of it back in the day and it soon became clear to me why it was worth holding on to, so I still have it.