What purpose do drag queens actually serve other than being a Lolcow? - Drag Queen Discussion

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Registration and password reset emails are unavailable due to a DDoS attack on the email server.

Xarpho

You crack me up, clown.
kiwifarms.net
Drag queens, like strippers, are adult entertainment. I really don't have a big philosophical problem with drag queens at nightclubs belting out show tunes and then hanging out at the nearest 24-hour diner and/or taqueria afterward. It's when they get self-righteous about their "profession" or inserting themselves into schools, libraries, and children's entertainment is where the problem starts.

From The Uncanny Valley

DANCE💜INTO💜THE💜NIGHT
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Drag queens, like strippers, are adult entertainment. I really don't have a big philosophical problem with drag queens at nightclubs belting out show tunes and then hanging out at the nearest 24-hour diner and/or taqueria afterward. It's when they get self-righteous about their "profession" or inserting themselves into schools, libraries, and children's entertainment is where the problem starts.
Remember when there was a huge scandal about girls learning about pole dancing?

Great_Disgrace

Another day another DDoS attack
kiwifarms.net
Drag queens are just an upgraded form of degeneracy, with more rainbows too. Don’t forget those.

Flip: Draw 2

kiwifarms.net
I have no idea why they're not treated the same way furries are.

TECHNICALLY furries don't all dress up in fursuits because they find sweaty, oversized, disproportional, poor imitations of their fursonas sexy but a good chunk still do. Do people think furries in-costume should be role models for kids? Absolutely not. Everyone nowadays knows it's a big fetish thing.
Drag queens are worse. They're a man's cheap interpretation of femininity taken to an extreme and somehow this gets a pass because not all drag queens view it as a sex thing but it clearly is. At least furries dress up like cartoon animals and not like a 2/10 succubi cosplayer.
Their aggressive promotion is simply part of the downfall of the LGBT movement. They permitted degeneracy to infiltrate the movement and since being anti-sex in any way is considered problematic in the LGBTQ+ movement, they now have to justify and excuse it. Drag queens have some sort of "not-all" argument compared to the guys walking around with pup masks so they're the natural best candidate for the job.

Last edited:

Kuchipatchi

Hello-tchi!
kiwifarms.net
Womanface.
I was going to say that they make a mockery of women but you put it better.

Using Leftie logic, I'm surprised that drag is still even a thing because I thought that feminists would oppose to men dressing up as grossly exaggerated images of women. Lefties hate it if you have a Native American headdress on so why are they cool with people in drag?

Put simply, it's cuz they're gay. If straight guys were the ones in drag, it would stop being a thing in 2010.

Oliver Onions

Stop sinning, that's literally all you have to do.
kiwifarms.net
They used to just be a unique form of cabaret/comedy; something men did for a laugh to entertain a handful of drunk couples sitting poolside at an all-inclusive in Majorca.

I'm not sure at which point they transformed into a cultural phenomenon who are now apparently qualified to stick their oar into any and every event or topic of discussion.

It's like asking a cruise ship magician for his hot takes on the Israel-Palestine conflict.

Block Me

kiwifarms.net
Drag started out as a comedy routine, and that's really what it's meant for. But somewhere along the way the LGBT decided it's some touchstone of queer culture and we need to start inviting drag queens to formal events to prove how inclusive we are. It's just yet another thing zoomers have ruined by completely missing the point of it.

Mariposa Colorado

kiwifarms.net
Drag is becoming extremer by the day. They don't look like women or humans anymore.
They try to outdo each other in this, it's crazy...
0be4bea50d782960350b2ead0f0adc23.jpg

John Furrman

Become chaos
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have no idea why they're not treated the same way furries are.

TECHNICALLY furries don't all dress up in fursuits because they find sweaty, oversized, disproportional, poor imitations of their fursonas sexy but a good chunk still do. Do people think furries in-costume should be role models for kids? Absolutely not. Everyone nowadays knows it's a big fetish thing.
Drag queens are worse. They're a man's cheap interpretation of femininity taken to an extreme and somehow this gets a pass because not all drag queens view it as a sex thing but it clearly is. At least furries dress up like cartoon animals and not like a 2/10 succubi cosplayer.
Their aggressive promotion is simply part of the downfall of the LGBT movement. They permitted degeneracy to infiltrate the movement and since being anti-sex in any way is considered problematic in the LGBTQ+ movement, they now have to justify and excuse it. Drag queens have some sort of "not-all" argument compared to the guys walking around with pup masks so they're the natural best candidate for the job.

This is a thunkful post.

Comparing alphabet people with furries is very on point considering 70% of furries aren't straight. The furry fandom is extremely flamboyant judging by having any interest in fursuits alone. It's also very competitive, high income furries will spend 5000 - 10000 dollars on a fursuit from a premium maker. If you are so inclined, when you go to fur conventions, you can flex on the plebs with shitty suits and the fursuitless cretins with your Rolex-equivalent of a fursuit.

Drag is very competitive as well, because men are men and that's what men do. The bitchy attitudes, the craftsmanship that goes into making luxury drag costumes and doing make up with premium make up brands made specifically for drag queens, the shit talk on the ugliest of drag queens by the high clout ones. All that and so many more similarities.