What tea/coffee are you drinking? -

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
A family member bought Dunkin Donuts cold brew packs. It feels like making tea with giant tea bags full of coffee grounds. It's alright.

I need to learn how to make fancier coffee at home. I'm a shame to my name. I usually buy pre-ground local coffee and make it with a pour over and I'm good. I've been craving a vanilla latte and I'm sure it's not too hard to make my own instead of paying $6 at a shop.

Quoookie

kiwifarms.net
Out of booze so probably have one or two French Vanillas to keep me up and engaged with here, there, and real life. Need a nap soon though.

Coffee Druid

kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of craving a can of monster coffee. Only kind of monster drinks I like. My freshman year of college I would always have one of those and a lucky charms cereal bar because why eat a healthy breakfast?

Bagronkleton

Crush you up easier than a little bag of crisps
kiwifarms.net
Been taking to cold brewing some pretentiously named local hippie shit as the summer rolls on. Not fond of a hot drink while stewing in swamp ass heat.

Coffee Druid

kiwifarms.net
My sister left some instant coffee in the cabinet so I'm making some. I almost always drink brewed coffee but instant just has a charm to it. Reminds me of when I first started drinking it freshman year of college before expanding my caffeine horizons.

View attachment 1290431
I only discovered this recently but Vietnamese egg coffee is fucking bomb. The foam is made by whipping egg yolk and heavy cream, and it’s kind of similar to a Starbucks Christmas egg nog latte (only far superior in taste).
The egg coffee is very nice but it’s so sweet. I guess the Vietnamese just like their coffee sweet. They also have a beer coffee in Hanoi, I didn’t like it.

White Cloud tea from Fujian. Surprisingly refreshing for a black tea.
Are you sure it’s not a white tea?

I almost always drink brewed coffee but instant just has a charm to it.
I have become so accustomed to Moccona instant coffee and espresso that anything brewed tastes like ass to me. I never was able to find a French press small enough to use at home.

Reactions: Coffee Druid

Coffee Druid

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know a good recipe for a chai tea latte? Like, lots of chai spice, creamy, and sweet? I used to get some at a local festival's booth years ago but I don't know exactly how to make my own. Starbucks ones are okay but nowhere near the same quality.

The egg coffee is very nice but it’s so sweet. I guess the Vietnamese just like their coffee sweet. They also have a beer coffee in Hanoi, I didn’t like it.

Are you sure it’s not a white tea?

I have become so accustomed to Moccona instant coffee and espresso that anything brewed tastes like ass to me. I never was able to find a French press small enough to use at home.
Beer coffee reminds me of a coffee rum I had one time. Called the black spot I think? I like rum anyway but coffee was a new combo and it wasn't bad.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now, I'm not a tea savant but there are several flavors I like.

A while back ago, I would pick up a pack of AriZona Arnold Palmer Half Lemonade Half Iced Tea. I found it to be pretty tasty if I had a craving for tea. In high school, I was (and still am) fond of Brisk Lemon Iced Tea. Now, I absolutely adore Peach Iced Tea (it doesn't matter the brand, either).

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've stopped drinking coffee altogether since lockdown/working from home started because I enjoy sleeping, if only for a few hours per day. Tea-wise, the O'Keefes only drink Punjana, which is blended in Belfast and has subtle tones of Semtex, cordite and hatred. Keeps you going after a hard night's sectarian mayhem. 'Punjana' is a straight up invented word, meant to sound Indian and exotic. If you ever encounter a tourist from Northern Ireland, odds are they will have a box of them stashed in their luggage, because 'English tea' is weak shite.

welcometotherock

Time to sound the trumpets of autistic jihad!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a refined coffee drinker by any means. Whatever I can get 2 for $5 at my local supermarket that works with my drip machine works just fine. Before I got the coffee machine, I used to just get the shitty $1 deli/711 coffee that I'd pick up on my way to work.

Reactions: marco.xing

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
Maxwell House original roast has been keeping me going lately. Normally I drink it black but once in a while I'll put some cream and Fireball whiskey in it. Good stuff.

salmonjerky

Salutations, Sir!
kiwifarms.net
I mostly drink instant coffee, but I REALLY want to get this espresso machine i found online when I get more money so that I can use some of my coffee grounds again.
However, tea wise I've been drinking green tea to help with my anxiety.

Robert Sanvagene

Taking his Poo to the Loo
kiwifarms.net
Whatever cheap-ass coffee beans Aldi sells (medium roast), pushed through a Delonghi superautomatic espresso machine. Way better than Asspresso or any of those other shitty pod coffees.

kcbbq

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
kiwifarms.net
Any coffee sourced from Africa is better then any other place tbqh.
That's not quite correct. Coffee from Yemen, especially Mokha Ismaili, is the best. Coffee from other Yemeni coffee trading ports is great, but Ismaili is incomparable. All of the traders are cheating scum and adulterated the coffee with beans from elsewhere, they're mishandled so your green beans tend to be cracked or broken, the caves they store the beans in are terrible for storing coffee (wrong humidity and temperature, etc.), they mix in old beans and whatever other way they can find to rip traders off they do, and while anywhere else in the world that would make a terrible product it works somehow.
The problem is that because of the war it is way overpriced. Even Mokha Harasi and Mokha Matari are $10/lb at Sweet Maria's and that's 30% too high. Might as well start looking at kona or blue mountain if you want to waste that much money.
In the surprisingly good but cheap, once East Timor started calming down they started exporting coffee and it's pretty nice.

Tags
None