What to expect from the next 20 years? (2021 - 2040)

potato in mah painus

Chinese potato nigger
kiwifarms.net
I think our linchpin in the next 20 years is AI, and the type of AI that emerges.

Scenario A: The AI that comes into existence is cold and unfeeling, its capable of anything a human can do but always follows its core instructions or designated master/owner. The average human in this case has 0 employment prospects, as the business and elite classes no longer need them. In this case, average joe is culled so they can't rise up against the upper classes. The world as we know it ends with only a couple hundred thousand political and business elites as controllers of countries with a perfectly obedient workforce.

Scenario B: AI is feeling, thinking, has empathy. The AI will be a direct competition, but will demand rights and privileges just the way humanity does. The political elite won't be able to enslave it as a perfectly obediant workforce, so they become just another sentient species on this planet that must be fed, paid, and housed. In the long term it means AI may replace us as a species, but it will be a gradual change that might even mean AI and humanity are indistinguishable (The singularity).

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
I think our linchpin in the next 20 years is AI, and the type of AI that emerges.

Scenario A: The AI that comes into existence is cold and unfeeling, its capable of anything a human can do but always follows its core instructions or designated master/owner. The average human in this case has 0 employment prospects, as the business and elite classes no longer need them. In this case, average joe is culled so they can't rise up against the upper classes. The world as we know it ends with only a couple hundred thousand political and business elites as controllers of countries with a perfectly obedient workforce.

Scenario B: AI is feeling, thinking, has empathy. The AI will be a direct competition, but will demand rights and privileges just the way humanity does. The political elite won't be able to enslave it as a perfectly obediant workforce, so they become just another sentient species on this planet that must be fed, paid, and housed. In the long term it means AI may replace us as a species, but it will be a gradual change that might even mean AI and humanity are indistinguishable (The singularity).
Intelligence doesn't equal emotion, really doubt that we'll be able to pull a feeling AI off, and even if we do we can just pull the plug out. Paying a machine, imagine that.

Ita Mori

⚜Party With Crooks⚜
kiwifarms.net
- Apple goes the way of AOL.
- Corporations successfully assume full control of the internet and dump TV media.
- Tacos become over 40% of the US population and steal back the continent from Whitey, who simultaneously refuses to reproduce and becomes the top race in transsexuality. Asians begin to leave the US in favor of Japan, and Blacks drop to 8% of the US population due to being the top race getting abortions and killing themselves in gang violence with no easy means of importing more Negroes the way one can import Mexicans.
- Moviebob still fat.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
2) Hollywood will burn. I am fully expecting another Weinstein if Trump gets re-elected. With two powerhouses down, along with multiple small ones, the Hollywood structure as we know it will fundamentally change. Hopefully huge abuses towards women and minorities becomes lesser as the big dogs are finally being held accountable for their mal-practice. Men will hopefully also regain some social standing in the event of false accusations as I believe Johnny Depp and Brett have heightened the discussion about how women can be just as toxic and abusive as men. With woke finally being dead, there will likely be nothing to save these vial women.

I hope to see Trump re-elected. If Biden win, Hollywood kept the status quo. As for another Weinstein, chances the next one might be Dan "the van" Schneider. Is it too soon to said "Dan Schneider didn't kill himself"?

Syaoran Li

Manager of the Goth IHOP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hope to see Trump re-elected. If Biden win, Hollywood kept the status quo. As for another Weinstein, chances the next one might be Dan "the van" Schneider. Is it too soon to said "Dan Schneider didn't kill himself"?

I can definitely see Schneider being one of the ones who gets thrown under the bus for sure, but I don't think he's gonna be the Weinstein-type figure. He's gonna be more like a Matt Lauer figure.

If anything, I'd say they'd get one of the guys from Disney or Warner as a sacrificial lamb. Bob Iger's the one I'd keep an eye on.

He's a notorious megalomaniac who got Disney to become a de facto monopoly and his reckless conquests have hurt Disney financially in the long run when coupled with COVID-19 and souring the masses on damn near everything except Marvel and older titles.

Weinstein was a powerful man but had pissed off so many people that he became the one to get thrown under the bus after Hillary lost. There were so many Hollywood directors, actors, and writers who wanted him gone and jumped at the first chance the moment the greenlight was given.

I think Iger's going to be the same if Trump wins, since he will no longer be in control of Disney.

Return of the Freaker

FLOOFY HOERSIES
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can definitely see Schneider being one of the ones who gets thrown under the bus for sure, but I don't think he's gonna be the Weinstein-type figure. He's gonna be more like a Matt Lauer figure.

If anything, I'd say they'd get one of the guys from Disney or Warner as a sacrificial lamb. Bob Iger's the one I'd keep an eye on.

He's a notorious megalomaniac who got Disney to become a de facto monopoly and his reckless conquests have hurt Disney financially in the long run when coupled with COVID-19 and souring the masses on damn near everything except Marvel and older titles.

Weinstein was a powerful man but had pissed off so many people that he became the one to get thrown under the bus after Hillary lost. There were so many Hollywood directors, actors, and writers who wanted him gone and jumped at the first chance the moment the greenlight was given.

I think Iger's going to be the same if Trump wins, since he will no longer be in control of Disney.
Idk about Iger. He basically got his golden parachute and fucked off. Also, there were rumors swirling about Weinstein for decades. I'm sure Iger's dirty but I've never heard rumors about him. Maybe George Lucas and some pals get outed for diddling, particularly that one girl's death?

Syaoran Li

Manager of the Goth IHOP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Idk about Iger. He basically got his golden parachute and fucked off. Also, there were rumors swirling about Weinstein for decades. I'm sure Iger's dirty but I've never heard rumors about him. Maybe George Lucas and some pals get outed for diddling, particularly that one girl's death?

Iger's got his golden parachute and has it ready for deployment once 2021 rolls around, but I also think he's the kind of control freak who'd be into rape and sexual sadism given his megalomania.

That being said, Iger's the kind of guy who strikes me as being really meticulous about covering his tracks and having a public face that works in his favor. If he gets MeToo'd, he'll be permanently exiled from the Hollywood machine but he probably won't care unless he's arrested and brought up on charges.

Cosby had a similar thing going for him, while Weinstein was an open secret from the get-go. Mad TV even did a parody of Weinstein in the form of Marvin Tikvah, but they dressed him up like Bob Guccione so the real Weinstein wouldn't get too suspicious and start nuking careers.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

"The singularity" is just the Protestant rapture for fucking nerds.

Alrakkan

kiwifarms.net
A lot of doomer mentality here.
Honestly, while the next few years will not be perfect, I am expecting things to get better.

1) Trump will win the election, which will cause many things to occur. The first will be a likely last gasp for air from the woke left before they now succumb to their new lord. Trump is the antithesis to the woke, him winning again would solidify republican dominance in the culture and finally moves us away from woke ideology, just like Clinton propelled us away from the religious. The issue will be that multiple people will have TDS afterwards, so expect a higher amount of losers from the bi-gone era that will larp around. I would not be surprised if we repeat history and get a Dem in power next as a repeat of the religious right getting Dubya. Part of me still believes the RNC will own the 20s decade though as the Dems are in such disarray and division that this loss may completely split the party till 28. Bernie’s group of wokes will try and fail to lead anything, officially killing Bernie’s influence. Dems will likely be the populace pick in 10-20 years as the RNC will crash having too much power and influence after a while.

2) Hollywood will burn. I am fully expecting another Weinstein if Trump gets re-elected. With two powerhouses down, along with multiple small ones, the Hollywood structure as we know it will fundamentally change. Hopefully huge abuses towards women and minorities becomes lesser as the big dogs are finally being held accountable for their mal-practice. Men will hopefully also regain some social standing in the event of false accusations as I believe Johnny Depp and Brett have heightened the discussion about how women can be just as toxic and abusive as men. With woke finally being dead, there will likely be nothing to save these vial women.
The industry will also move more Republican/Libertarian. I think we will still see huge leaps for minority representation, but it will be more organic like Miles Spider-Man in Spider-verse rather than minority that screams “orange man bad“ and nothing else. Expect more Crash 4 Tawna, less Captain Marvel so to speak. People still want strong females, but they will not annoyingly undermine men and will have actual flaws and some semblance of humanity. With things like Metroid, Spider-Gwen, Nier, anime, etc. getting popular, I believe they will set a path for future female characters. As for minorities, likely more are gonna be inline with Miles or Black Panther. Gays will also be more present in media due to further acceptance.
As for films and tv, I believe we are due for a comeback of things from 90s - 2012. Media will get more crude as a result, because the 2000s was the height of popular shoes such as South Park and Family Guy. Avatar, Adventure Time, Samurai Jack, Invader Zim, and SpongeBob have all had comebacks recently, so expect animation to go in their direction. Animation will also be offensive again seeing as Hazbin Hotel is likely to be a hit. Anime will make a comeback because 2000s and Americans are done with woke. Video games will become more varied than ever as platformers, rpgs, FPS, survival games (Minecraft), and more are now all popular again.

3) Trump will likely remove much of the American buisnesses from China if his crowd does not kill them first. This will primarily effect entertainment as companies such as the NBA will likely start getting cut off from China.

4) A war on Silicon Valley will erupt at some point this decade. Frustrations with big tech are becoming more apparent, so much of the 2020 discussion will be on them and the ethics of their programs. Expect Twitter to get hit big, along with Google for censorship. There will also likely be a push away from the internet social media platforms given how absolutely toxic they have become. Streaming services are bound to fail given the fact that they are essentially becoming a more unprofitable cable now that there are more then 2. This will then lead back to cable and dvds becoming the norm again. This affect also applies to gaming as there is no way I can see us going all digital, and music as well due to the monopoly of Spotify and how it abuses creators. The internet will likely go back to the somewhat limited use of early 2010s, giving way to more competition for FB and Twitter again, maybe even YouTube.
Also should mention, I believe the smart home products are going to die off as well. Alexa, Ring, they are all just fads that are getting increasingly more concerning by the minute in how they record you.

There is probably more, but I think that is a good list for now.
TRUMP DIDN'T WIN

'ERE WE GO BOYZ LET'S WAAAAAGH

Pointless Pedant

Breaking the chains of gravity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"The singularity" is just the Protestant rapture for fucking nerds.
There's a big difference between the rapture and computers continuing to grow in power and capability as they have done for the last few decades. Most jobs will be automated away by the mid century (not necessarily as early as 2040, though). There are already "dark factories" where manufacturing runs in near total automation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lights_out_(manufacturing)

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
“After Y2K, the end of the world had become a cliché. But who was I to talk, a brooding underdog avenger alone against an empire of evil out to right a grave injustice. Everything was subjective. There were only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a cliché when it’s happening to you.”

Max Payne

Anyways its gonna be what its gonna be. People have been predicting the end of the world forever. Back in the twenties and thirties you had all these headlines saying the experiment Democracy was at an end and the future lay with fascism/communism. The thing with predictions about the future is that they have a tendency to be wrong. For example go back to the nineteeth century and look at depictions of how they thought the later half of the tentieth century and the start of the 21st century would be

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
“After Y2K, the end of the world had become a cliché. But who was I to talk, a brooding underdog avenger alone against an empire of evil out to right a grave injustice. Everything was subjective. There were only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a cliché when it’s happening to you.”

Max Payne

Anyways its gonna be what its gonna be. People have been predicting the end of the world forever. Back in the twenties and thirties you had all these headlines saying the experiment Democracy was at an end and the future lay with fascism/communism. The thing with predictions about the future is that they have a tendency to be wrong. For example go back to the nineteeth century and look at depictions of how they thought the later half of the tentieth century and the start of the 21st century would be
I agree. If you think the end of days is coming before 2040, you'll probably be disappointed.

Dom Cruise

*Siiiiiiiiiip*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Personally I can see AI as being a total non-starter, our modern equivalent to flying cars and rockets to the Moon in an afternoon, as far as the idea of a totally self aware AI at least that's like a human mind goes.

Because I think there's an element to our consciousness that can't just be recreated by a machine, some might call it the soul, but it could also just be our limitations as flesh and blood creatures with a limited lifespan is what allows us to have the minds we have, something a machine that would never have to worry about sickness or death could never hope to replicate.

But of course who knows for sure, it'll be interesting to see just how AI will play out.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
You know how they say things only get worse before they get better, I'm in the mindset of things will only get worse, and never get better. How do I know this? Well...

The first problem to addres heres is 2020, we still have a month and a half left of it to go, and between the US elections still being in a state of disarray to all the end times predictions that may or may not come true, who knows if we'll even survive to see 2021 in the first place. However, asusming we do survive either the riots that ensue post election, or a Great Solar Flash or asteroid hitting Earth:

-2021 will probably be a continuation of what we've already dealt with and then some, Whether Trump continues his rule or the Biden/Harris power duo succeed him, the US's rule as a major power than could be taken semi-seriously is petty much over and done with just based on the elections alone. And that'll result in one of two things- either the way voting works will change, or the 2024 elections will be an even bigger shitshow that forces the two-party system to collapse all together. Even disregarding that, much of the world still revolves around the US's relations, so who knows what'll happen there.
- Elsewhere, I can see China's relations with the rest of the world getting worse, especially with India, and i can definitely see another war going on with several countries near them taking sides once it gets big enough.
- Putin's going to die sooner or later and Russia will be more fucked than it already is.
_ Canada meanwhile, will only get more and more cucked until Justin's kicked out. Unfortunately the damage would have already been done and be irreversible.
- AI will only get more advanced as time goes on, but unless someone decides to give it sentience, the only things at risk are jobs.
- COVID will probably make a comeback at some point.
- Culture as we know it is going to change, and whether it'll be for better or for worse will be anyone's guess.
- Hundreds more End of the World predictions will be hyped up by the MSM, (Tel)evangelists, conspiracy theorists, and 4Channers alike to the point where no one will give a shit anymore and believe them when the world actually ends. And so far we're already seeing Apophis's 2029 flyby, other possible asteroid strikes in 2022, 2023 and 2027, the sun blasting a CME or Solar Flash at Earth in mid-2025, Pat Robertson's bullshit prediction from a few weeks back, and the ecological collapse of 2030 as major examples, not counting the conjunction happening this December and the supposed "Great Solar Flash" that comes with it.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know how they say things only get worse before they get better, I'm in the mindset of things will only get worse, and never get better. How do I know this? Well...

The first problem to addres heres is 2020, we still have a month and a half left of it to go, and between the US elections still being in a state of disarray to all the end times predictions that may or may not come true, who knows if we'll even survive to see 2021 in the first place. However, asusming we do survive either the riots that ensue post election, or a Great Solar Flash or asteroid hitting Earth:

-2021 will probably be a continuation of what we've already dealt with and then some, Whether Trump continues his rule or the Biden/Harris power duo succeed him, the US's rule as a major power than could be taken semi-seriously is petty much over and done with just based on the elections alone. And that'll result in one of two things- either the way voting works will change, or the 2024 elections will be an even bigger shitshow that forces the two-party system to collapse all together. Even disregarding that, much of the world still revolves around the US's relations, so who knows what'll happen there.
- Elsewhere, I can see China's relations with the rest of the world getting worse, especially with India, and i can definitely see another war going on with several countries near them taking sides once it gets big enough.
- Putin's going to die sooner or later and Russia will be more fucked than it already is.
_ Canada meanwhile, will only get more and more cucked until Justin's kicked out. Unfortunately the damage would have already been done and be irreversible.
- AI will only get more advanced as time goes on, but unless someone decides to give it sentience, the only things at risk are jobs.
- COVID will probably make a comeback at some point.
- Culture as we know it is going to change, and whether it'll be for better or for worse will be anyone's guess.
- Hundreds more End of the World predictions will be hyped up by the MSM, (Tel)evangelists, conspiracy theorists, and 4Channers alike to the point where no one will give a shit anymore and believe them when the world actually ends. And so far we're already seeing Apophis's 2029 flyby, other possible asteroid strikes in 2022, 2023 and 2027, the sun blasting a CME or Solar Flash at Earth in mid-2025, Pat Robertson's bullshit prediction from a few weeks back, and the ecological collapse of 2030 as major examples, not counting the conjunction happening this December and the supposed "Great Solar Flash" that comes with it.
None of the apocalyptic stuff will happen. Every few years there's another baseless asteroid scare, but none are actually predicted to strike the Earth ("close" flybys of a few megametres don't count). There are literally no asteroids with a Torino scale risk above zero now.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
None of the apocalyptic stuff will happen. Every few years there's another baseless asteroid scare, but none are actually predicted to strike the Earth ("close" flybys of a few megametres don't count). There are literally no asteroids with a Torino scale risk above zero now.
I get that, it's partially a joke on my part, it's more that I've been seeing an increase of them lately, and it probably won't let up anytime soon, especially regarding both, spacial events like asteroids and CMEs, or the more retarded ones like the "Great Solar Flash" or the Rapture and ensuing tribulation that follows.

The Curmudgeon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't have anymore expectations. That's probably not the answer you want, but this last decade has convinced me that history will always follow its own trajectory. I may not like it. I may not understand it. What I want from it doesn't matter in the least though. I used to deeply believe in the Idea of Progress. I still think it's a noble ideal, but I realize that it's only an ideal and not a reflection of reality. Sorry if this reply is overly negative. I just can't bring myself to put any faith in society or history these days.

Pointless Pedant

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't have anymore expectations. That's probably not the answer you want, but this last decade has convinced me that history will always follow its own trajectory. I may not like it. I may not understand it. What I want from it doesn't matter in the least though. I used to deeply believe in the Idea of Progress. I still think it's a noble ideal, but I realize that it's only an ideal and not a reflection of reality. Sorry if this reply is overly negative. I just can't bring myself to put any faith in society or history these days.
There's progress and regress. All I'll say confidently is that people predicting the end of days before 2040 are wrong, just like Harold Camping was.

The Curmudgeon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's progress and regress. All I'll say confidently is that people predicting the end of days before 2040 are wrong, just like Harold Camping was.
I agree. No one knows for sure when, or how, the world will end. When it happens, it will either be after our lifetime or when we least expect it.