What to expect from the next 20 years? (2021 - 2040)

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Assuming this "pandemic" looney bin freakshow that if "The New Normal" ever ends, it likely set a precedent for any future disease scares. So if there's ever a cow flu or COVID-CurrentYear in the future, it could be right back to this circus of "social distancing", mandatory muzzles, "temporary" economy-wrecking shutdowns, and scummy politicians drunk on "emergency" powers.

Last edited:

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
Shit will get bad for some and better for others, its always been like this. I was having a great time in years when in the other side of the planet somebody my age was getting genocided or starving, for those it was the end of the world, for me? good times. Its all down to where you happen to be.

The EU is going to become the new Brazil, you're gonna have these gated cities where the rich live behind huge walls with a private army shooting any of those "doctors and engineers" they let in years ago. Not rich enough to pay your way into a walled city? you get to spend your time with ahmed and mobutu, just like the average middle class Brazilian has to watch his back for any favela gangs trying to storm his home. Of course much like Brazil the EU is going to completely disarm his population so stop jacking off to RWDS fantasies, just hurting ahmed's feelings will get you a life sentence

Expect the same stateside, consider many rightwing latinos in the US are people who escaped from that shit, and the leftwing latinos that outnumber them are the people who turned those countries into the shitholes you see now, but still want to bring those ideas over. There are two Mexicos: one for the rich which looks like manhattan, and one for all the rest where you see narcos driving around with more guns than the military.

Global warming is not going to be a catastrophe right now but its still going to fuck a lot of people over as water scarcity and hot as fuck summers become the new normal. If you're rich you move to an arcology or somewhere with better weather. But if you're poor well you're fucked and have to survive outside with the droughts, the heat, the forest fires and dustbowl, end of story. Vertical farms will become common, lots of farmers are gonna get fucked since you cant compete with a fully automated farm inside a city that can grow lettuce with little water, no need for pesticides and a fraction of the logistics costs. On top of that many traditional farms will get fucked by climate change so either way things look grim for them

We're gonna get a really fucking lame version of cyberpunk, not machine gun arms or flying cars, but just like kids in slums have smartphones with 4G now you're gonna see more slums with people that have no running water but an 8K tv with starlink. As some guy said "You have lost everything material, no job or prospects, but you are wired to the gills and really big on Facebook."

There will be no UBI but you will have the great reset where you become an eternal rentoid for everything you have, you have to pay for by the hour using fake-money given to you by your government or corporate overlords, fake-money you can only use to rent the things they will let you rent, fake-money that can be erased from your account the moment you say or do something an AI somewhere detects as "harmful". And even this wont be enough to make a living, you're still gonna need to keep working.

Automation is gonna happen but it will hit nice office jobs a hundred times harder than shitty industrial jobs. To automate a factory you need hundreds of millions of dollars worth of robots, a complete retooling, new facilities, etc. Automate an office? a piece of software running on the cloud that can be setup in a couple hours, you dont even need servers anymore, that is happening RIGHT NOW, not in 20 or 40 years. And software can do stuff a billion times faster than humans, so fast you need other software to look at the results meaning managers will get fucked too, but robots cant even make a phone as fast as a human does so in the future your phone will still be hand-assembled, probably by you if you used to work at an office and now need real money to pay the rent for your shoes

Most works will be gigs, you will deliver food, clean toilets, move some richfags' piano and assemble iphones as demand fluctuates

If shit like pedophilia is legalized expect prostitution and child prostitution to be legal too. You already have girls doing an onlyfans the moment they turn 18, in the future you will get a 13yo girl sending you her hourly rates, after all she might be making more as a gig-economy cumdumpster than her dad does at the amazon wagie-cagie warehouse. And with so much cheap gash on the market I doubt investment on sexbots will be that high, tho VR sex will be a big thing among the rentoid class who cant afford pedobait whores or a nextgen realdoll. Some rich fucks might go with sexbots but likely will be unreal shit like anime dolls, furrys, monster girls and other weird stuff you simply cant get IRL. Picture rich weebs like the oculus guy getting a zootopia bunny sexrobot.

Parts near the equator are going to become gigantic deserts were you cant survive outside of an arcology, you will literally get roasted to death. Most of the middle east, africa, central asia, india, SE asia and australia, will get really fucked. 2/3rds of the usa, china, the mediterranean part of europe and the north half of south america are gonna get fucked in a lesser way but still hit hard. Meanwhile russia, the south half of argentina, northern europe and canada, are gonna become warmer tho still cold af during winter, but the winters will be shorter and the summers tolerable, unlike the other parts of the world. Billions are going to want to move there and while I dont know how future canucks and yuros will react I'm sure russkies wont be friendly to refugees, even white ones.

Last edited:

Whatsup bud?

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone predict office drones going back to the skyscrapers after corona is managed? Or has this year shown that working from home works just as well and is cheaper in the long run?

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone predict office drones going back to the skyscrapers after corona is managed? Or has this year shown that working from home works just as well and is cheaper in the long run?
At this moment I can't tell, but I guess that employees would rather work at home

Bussyking7

kiwifarms.net
I find it hard to blame them with how insane 2020 is.

But yeah I hope they're wrong.
In the grand scheme of history 2020 wasn't even that crazy. What's really even happened this year. Kung Fu flu and Daddy sperging out? No one can predict the future, especially some reddit tier mongoloids that can only muster up some half baked log linear regression.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
In the grand scheme of history 2020 wasn't even that crazy. What's really even happened this year. Kung Fu flu and Daddy sperging out? No one can predict the future, especially some reddit tier mongoloids that can only muster up some half baked log linear regression.
Maybe, but with everyone stir-crazy from the lockdowns and riots, and doommongering over literally everything these days, it sure seems like it.

Juan But Not Forgotten

Friendly mexican ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of doomer mentality here.
Honestly, while the next few years will not be perfect, I am expecting things to get better.

1) Trump will win the election, which will cause many things to occur. The first will be a likely last gasp for air from the woke left before they now succumb to their new lord. Trump is the antithesis to the woke, him winning again would solidify republican dominance in the culture and finally moves us away from woke ideology, just like Clinton propelled us away from the religious. The issue will be that multiple people will have TDS afterwards, so expect a higher amount of losers from the bi-gone era that will larp around. I would not be surprised if we repeat history and get a Dem in power next as a repeat of the religious right getting Dubya. Part of me still believes the RNC will own the 20s decade though as the Dems are in such disarray and division that this loss may completely split the party till 28. Bernie’s group of wokes will try and fail to lead anything, officially killing Bernie’s influence. Dems will likely be the populace pick in 10-20 years as the RNC will crash having too much power and influence after a while.

2) Hollywood will burn. I am fully expecting another Weinstein if Trump gets re-elected. With two powerhouses down, along with multiple small ones, the Hollywood structure as we know it will fundamentally change. Hopefully huge abuses towards women and minorities becomes lesser as the big dogs are finally being held accountable for their mal-practice. Men will hopefully also regain some social standing in the event of false accusations as I believe Johnny Depp and Brett have heightened the discussion about how women can be just as toxic and abusive as men. With woke finally being dead, there will likely be nothing to save these vial women.
The industry will also move more Republican/Libertarian. I think we will still see huge leaps for minority representation, but it will be more organic like Miles Spider-Man in Spider-verse rather than minority that screams “orange man bad“ and nothing else. Expect more Crash 4 Tawna, less Captain Marvel so to speak. People still want strong females, but they will not annoyingly undermine men and will have actual flaws and some semblance of humanity. With things like Metroid, Spider-Gwen, Nier, anime, etc. getting popular, I believe they will set a path for future female characters. As for minorities, likely more are gonna be inline with Miles or Black Panther. Gays will also be more present in media due to further acceptance.
As for films and tv, I believe we are due for a comeback of things from 90s - 2012. Media will get more crude as a result, because the 2000s was the height of popular shoes such as South Park and Family Guy. Avatar, Adventure Time, Samurai Jack, Invader Zim, and SpongeBob have all had comebacks recently, so expect animation to go in their direction. Animation will also be offensive again seeing as Hazbin Hotel is likely to be a hit. Anime will make a comeback because 2000s and Americans are done with woke. Video games will become more varied than ever as platformers, rpgs, FPS, survival games (Minecraft), and more are now all popular again.

3) Trump will likely remove much of the American buisnesses from China if his crowd does not kill them first. This will primarily effect entertainment as companies such as the NBA will likely start getting cut off from China.

4) A war on Silicon Valley will erupt at some point this decade. Frustrations with big tech are becoming more apparent, so much of the 2020 discussion will be on them and the ethics of their programs. Expect Twitter to get hit big, along with Google for censorship. There will also likely be a push away from the internet social media platforms given how absolutely toxic they have become. Streaming services are bound to fail given the fact that they are essentially becoming a more unprofitable cable now that there are more then 2. This will then lead back to cable and dvds becoming the norm again. This affect also applies to gaming as there is no way I can see us going all digital, and music as well due to the monopoly of Spotify and how it abuses creators. The internet will likely go back to the somewhat limited use of early 2010s, giving way to more competition for FB and Twitter again, maybe even YouTube.
Also should mention, I believe the smart home products are going to die off as well. Alexa, Ring, they are all just fads that are getting increasingly more concerning by the minute in how they record you.

There is probably more, but I think that is a good list for now.

Last edited:

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of some prophecies I once saw here and there but one version mentioned then Russia will kick out Turkey and give Istanbul back to the Greeks and Turkey will be amputated with parts going to Armenia and the Kurds will have their own country.
:optimistic::optimistic::optimistic:

Until NATO is out of the picture, I doubt that'll happen. The age of mass population exchange is over, the majority of the Anatolian population has been 'Turkified' since the 30-50s, and Greece + Russia do not have the manpower capable of occupying a city the size of Istanbul. Same with Armenia, I don't think they'll be able to hold anything beyond slivers of the borders (and even that is iffy due to the presence of Azerbaijan and the multiple fronts that would open up due to Pan-Turkism).

In the end, bodies hold territory, and there are fundamentally no sizable communities of Greeks or Armenians in Turkey at this point, due to various historical reasons.

But on the off-hand the circumstances line up (i.e. Some ultra-nationalist enacting the final solution on the Armenians/Kurds in a post-NATO Turkey), Russia (if it retains enough of its force projection and isn't preoccupied elsewhere) might just try to chunk off the southeastern parts to the Kurds (who do form a large majority of the population there), just to create a dependent client state. The Turks would never forgive them for that, but it would basically preoccupy them for at least a decade or so, depending on the PR battle and Western reaction.

Last edited:

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
:optimistic::optimistic::optimistic:

Until NATO is out of the picture, I doubt that'll happen. The age of mass population exchange is over, the majority of the Anatolian population has been 'Turkified' since the 30-50s, and Greece + Russia do not have the manpower capable of occupying a city the size of Istanbul. Same with Armenia, I don't think they'll be able to hold anything beyond slivers of the borders (and even that is iffy due to the presence of Azerbaijan and the multiple fronts that would open up due to Pan-Turkism).

In the end, bodies hold territory, and there are fundamentally no sizable communities of Greeks or Armenians in Turkey at this point, due to various historical reasons.

But on the off-hand the circumstances line up (i.e. Some ultra-nationalist enacting the final solution on the Armenians/Kurds in a post-NATO Turkey), Russia (if it retains enough of its force projection and isn't preoccupied elsewhere) might just try to chunk off the southeastern parts to the Kurds (who do form a large majority of the population there), just to create a dependent client state. The Turks would never forgive them for that, but it would basically preoccupy them for at least a decade or so, depending on the PR battle and Western reaction.

Let's see how the demographic will play in Turkey. The Turks breed less than Kurds and it could influence the next election in Turkey.
https://besacenter.org/perspectives-papers/turkey-kurds-kingmakers/ ( https://archive.vn/N8DMv )

BESA Center Perspectives Paper No. 1,559, May 11, 2020

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Between 1994 and 2015, the Kurdish vote in Turkey rose from 4.1% to 13.1%. A greying Turkey is facing a baby boom in Kurdistan: the Kurdish fertility rate, at 3.41, is a demographic weapon against the Turkish fertility rate of 2.09. These numbers suggest that Kurds could be the kingmakers in Turkey’s presidential election in 2023.

The recipe for the spread of political Islam, as founded by ideologues like Hasan Banna and Sayyid Qutb, is well-known: win Muslim hearts and minds by establishing and spreading religious, welfare, and educational institutions and facilities. The object is to create a classless, populist network that will ultimately legitimize political Islam at the ballot box. You cannot defeat the enemy by guns and artillery, but you can do it with headcount.

Turkey was no exception to the principle of Islamist ascendency via demographics. For decades, Turkey’s secular, better-educated modern families (which Recep Tayyip Erdoğan would later call the ”white Turks”) sufficed with one or two children in the family while pious, less educated, lower- and middle-class Muslims Turks were the baby boomers. In November 2002, the “white Turks” had to face that they were no longer the majority in their country. The “black Turks” had come to power.

But now, 18 years later, the “black Turks” have become the new “white Turks.” Ignoring their leader’s campaigns imploring them to produce “at least three children in every Turkish family,” they are now facing the same demographic threat with which they once captured power: a greying Turkey versus a baby boom in Kurdistan.

Kurdish votes in Turkey came under the institutional umbrella of a political party for the first time in 1994. The pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democracy Party (HADEP) won 1.1 million votes (4.1% of the national vote) in parliamentary elections in 1995 and 1.4 million votes (4.8% of the vote) in 1999. HADEP failed to win parliamentary representation as it failed to pass the 10% national threshold.

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
Let's see how the demographic will play in Turkey. The Turks breed less than Kurds and it could influence the next election in Turkey.
https://besacenter.org/perspectives-papers/turkey-kurds-kingmakers/ ( https://archive.vn/N8DMv )
I think it all boils down to whether or not a significant enough proportion of Kurds feel they have a future in the Turkish project, being one of the few Anatolian ethnicities that failed to be completely 'Turkified' or expelled. Given the current 'otherizing' political atmosphere and ongoing issues in the area, I do wonder if economic uplift will ultimately be able to smooth over these differences- or not.

In the end, like what the article states, I do find it fascinating that the Islamification of Turkey has made it more Middle-Eastern in nature (+ loss of Balkans has shifted historical balance from Europe to Asia), and has really bolstered its rural population (Kurds included, unintentionally) at the expense of the old 'Istanbullu' culture.

Godbert Manderville

kiwifarms.net
Fertility isn't everything, but in the long run it's almost everything.

The replacement fertility level is 2.1 and virtually every nation in the world is now below that figure. That means that in a mere thirty years, a full third of people in the developed world will be aged 60+ and overall numbers of people will in many places have reached their peak. The population of sub-Saharan Africa will continue to grow for some time. They will once again be invited to migrate to aging and aged nations to work and provide goods and services, and to clean up Whitey when he soils himself especially. Although their fertility rate will in time fall, it will remain above replacement level for at least the first generation of their lives in the developed world and, as such, Europe, North America, and Australasia will become increasingly brown to the point where White people will become a minority. By 2100 there will probably be no White majority country left in the world.

This is not something that can be avoided. Fertility rates make it inevitable. It is now about how the change is managed, not how it can be stopped.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since there was no year 0, technically 2020 is part of the 2010s - making the 2010s quite the shit decade with an insane freak show as the grand finale.

Hopefully things get better this decade, but I don't plan to hold my breath now.

Dom Cruise

Winter waifu, 1906 style
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since there was no year 0, technically 2020 is part of the 2010s - making the 2010s quite the shit decade with an insane freak show as the grand finale.

Hopefully things get better this decade, but I don't plan to hold my breath now.
This is something I've noticed myself about when a decade really begins and ends and it feels fucking great to finally be past the 2010s in earnest, let's just hope things get better of course.

Oglooger

One of few based™ oldfags
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most works will be gigs, you will deliver food, clean toilets, move some richfags' piano and assemble iphones as demand fluctuates

If shit like pedophilia is legalized expect prostitution and child prostitution to be legal too. You already have girls doing an onlyfans the moment they turn 18, in the future you will get a 13yo girl sending you her hourly rates, after all she might be making more as a gig-economy cumdumpster than her dad does at the amazon wagie-cagie warehouse. And with so much cheap gash on the market I doubt investment on sexbots will be that high, tho VR sex will be a big thing among the rentoid class who cant afford pedobait whores or a nextgen realdoll. Some rich fucks might go with sexbots but likely will be unreal shit like anime dolls, furrys, monster girls and other weird stuff you simply cant get IRL. Picture rich weebs like the oculus guy getting a zootopia bunny sexrobot.
Oh my God, literally Weimar 2.0