What to expect from the next 20 years? (2021 - 2040)

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
It looked this way in late 2007 as well, but Obama portraying himself as the new face of America garnered a lot of goodwill with the international community and brought them back on board for American interventionism. How many different allies like France were begging for American involvement in post-Arab Spring disasters like Libya?
I imagine Harris will tap into the same kind of energy to sell the new forever war, but like everything else with her career, it'll be a pale imitation of Obama and, considering most of the people who architected the 90's "export global liberal democracy" foreign policy consensus are at or well past retirement age, it'll be close to their last gasp before the foreign and domestic community turns on them.
That central issue of it all being pale imitation will be the death knell. Hate him or not, Trump had a vision for the future. 2020 bullshit or not, there was an explicit plan which was showcased, a call to arms which was answered and a dedicated populace which supported him.
Now there's nothing. If our next generation of politicians are smart, then politics will shift in importance towards taking states and trying to limit the Fed to being a glorified piggy bank which will still be a major issue belying the fact that legitimacy is the only reason people care. One of the biggest signs of the Han dynasty's fall was the attitude commanderies took toward the emperor as he eventually lost importance as (paraphrasing) "the commander's order is followed immediately while the emperors dictate only goes to a plaque". People are looking for the "big man" type now and you'll never find it in the DC bureaucrats or the megacorps. They're too big and aloof to be personal and genuine.

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
That's what I noticed about modern life in the typical American city: it's atomizing and anonymizing. No real community - despite the leftist obsession with the word - and technology is all that keeps things going. Which is why I compared modern urban "society" to a machine-animated corpse - a cyberzombie.

As for the "melting pot", all the cultures in it are being melted into a bland cultureless mix of corporate office buildings and Ford Transit delivery vans.
Theres this book called bowling alone, is written by a liberal lefty type but he has no rose-tinted glasses nor lives in a bubble like socjus types and points out this very same problem about the destruction of communities due to multiculturalism, no with bullshit speeches but actual hard data showing society is becoming low-trust and how that problem has affected other countries as well

I expect life for most people in North America to become more insular and localized, and for the standard of living to shift backwards in some ways. Whether this turns out to be a good or bad thing for individuals is highly variable; for some, reduced expectations and consumption will be a godsend, while for others who can't adapt, it will be a major comedown.

Multi-generational living arrangements, with grandparents, parents, kids, and perhaps even the kids' own kids, will become increasingly normal. When families can't afford to maintain 2-4 separate households, they'll consolidate, sharing the expenses and work of keeping one large household running. We've already had over a decade of "boomerang kids" returning home because they're too burdened by student loans, and make too little, to afford living on their own. Also, in some cities, there has been a surge in construction of ADUs--Accessory Dwelling Units--in the backyards of single-family homes, as well as "in-law" apartments in existing houses. Some new residential construction is laid out in a way that would work well for multiple adults living under one roof (such as two master suites) and I think we're going to see more of that, in both new construction and remodeling. Or it could be as simple as parking a trailer or two in the backyard and sharing common spaces within the house.

And it doesn't even need to be family; I can see unrelated individuals coming together in arrangements that are more formal than just roommates--more like intentional communities on a small scale, oriented around shared resources and mutual assistance.

To an extent, this kind of arrangement already exists with those awful pod apartments in places like SF--and I definitely see an increase in those--but I also see lower-density versions, where the residents are owners, in a permanent arrangement. Any one of them might not be able to afford a small house, but if multiple people come together to buy a large house to share, they might be able to swing it.

And in situations like that, especially with a lot of people working from home more, a household might choose to have only one car, shared by everybody, instead of individual car ownership for each adult.

Cultivating some degree of self-sufficiency, and a return to learning basic practical life skills is, I think, going to be a big deal in the coming decade. There's already a growing interest in skills like mending or repurposing clothes, and repairing things; the sourdough bread baking craze that hit at the beginning of the pandemic may grow legs and encourage a revival in home cooking skills. If we have extended supply-chain disruptions, growing food plants indoors (perhaps hydroponically), or cultivating backyard (or even front yard) gardens, will become common. Cottagecore may finally become something more than just an Instagram aesthetic.

On the other hand, you'll also have urban-dwellers who go the opposite way and become increasingly reliant on delivery for everything. It's already started under the lockdowns, but I see it accelerating.

So many sit-down restaurants have closed for good since the lockdowns started, and I don't see them rebounding anytime toon. What I do see taking off are restaurants that are strictly takeout and delivery. By completely cutting the costs of having a dining area with waitstaff, and only having a kitchen, a restaurant could put out really good food and stay in business--especially if they can establish an engaging social media presence. For some people, their favorite restaurant may end up being the one that only exists as a kitchen space, that they never set foot in, but that is the most fun to interact with online.

Food trucks have been really popular in cities in recent years, but expect them to be even more so. A food truck can be moved to where customers are--and away from civil unrest. Commercial real estate--especially office space--is going to go into the shitter, but renting out otherwise-empty parking lots to multiple food trucks, creating informal "food courts," is one way property owners can bring in income, and, by becoming a destination, perhaps attract new tenants.
The problem with that is hoa and nimby, with only rich people being able to afford real estate they dont want a glorified trailer part right next to them

Also cohabitation is easier said than done, you have to find people who are compatible and we're living in the "fuck you age" where everybody is like 'dont judge me' and acting like an inconsiderate retard, specially in cities like frisco where every single asshole is their own flavor of shit-encrusted icecream and thus special and unique, read: completely insuferable and will make your life impossible

A lot of shared housing I seen only works because some members are bitches willing to put up with any kind of shit, specially soyboys when sharing a home with bpd "not like the other girls" cunts. If they have any backbone they will tell the cunts to fuck off, and in response the cunts will call the cops and tell them the soyboy raped her. The other alternative is for them to leave at which point the whole thing falls apart because the ones who stay are the assholes that dont clean, dont help with anything and never have money for rent because they burned it on amazon, weed and takeaway

Long ass college essay in my predictions

USA
- America will get gradually worse in LITERALLY everything you can imagine that I'm not going to explain since you all already know: Economics, Politics, Demographics, Culture, the whole shebang.
- As America declines internally, its political apparatus will become more and more paranoid to try and prevent anyone from changing the status quo. Censorship, demonetization, etc will increase tenfold, Hate Speech laws will start taking place in this country, if that doesn't work then doxxing/unpersoning will be common.
- There is an increasing "youth bulge" in the population of young men, back in the 20th century we sent these men to die in wars to "cull" that bulge. With the increasing hatred and unpopularity of foreign wars in the 21st century, this is not possible. These men don't want to fight a pointless foreign war anymore and they're getting very, very unhappy and are beginning to dissent.
- There will be another recession either this decade or next. I don't know when, I'm not an economist but I don't think it's going to completely fuck the country, but it's the beginning of the end. Combine this with the absolute degeneration of America in virtually everything, we will begin to see some parallels to America and the Weimar Era: crime, political violence, paramilitaries, etc
- By 2040, we will not have Civil War but America is simply fucked. It is just a glorified Brazil, living on borrowed time as the possibility of war is very likely to happen within the next decade after.

The World
- I don't think technology will be something like Cyberpunk 2077 or GiTS, I think it will somewhat "stagnate" to something between Modern day tech and our beliefs of Cyberpunk in the future. It will start doing some real harm to humanity: automation, facial recognition, deep fakes, AI, it goes on and on.
- When America recedes from the world, it will become more paranoid, flippant, and reactive to anyone trying to take their losing ground. America, despite being miserable, will invade a country like Venezuela (Syria isn't happening anymore, Iran is too late, lol at North Korea) to regain any prestige or geopolitical success, and that will be Iraq 2.0 which will just ruin us more and cause countries like Russia, China, and Iran to start making moves.
- China will become a powerhouse in our time, I don't know when, but perhaps a recession and another stupid war from us will accelerate the process. It's going to happen, the next two decades will be America freaking out and doing everything they can to paint China as the new USSR, perhaps even pulling serious gay ops, but it's only delaying the inevitable. It will not become a Superpower, but it is biding it's time as America begins to collapse.
- Europe isn't completely fucked but it's sorta getting there. It will begin to centralize because as America is going down the tubes they would have to get their act together to prevent Russia maneuvering in. Nothing sorta happens here but faggotry, something happening in the Balkans, and the UK probably having a political meltdown in some place like Scotland.
- Russia will decline further if they don't get someone who is superior to Putin in every way. They might annex Belarus and Donbass too in the future.
- India keeps modernizing and industrializing, not to the extent of the Yellow guy next to them, but they'll become the new pawn for America to engage gay ops against China.
- Seeing America decline, Israel will begin to essentially "run around with their heads screaming" and find a way to fix an increasingly massive hole in their ambitions. They'll start ditching us for China or EU. There might be another Intifada. They'll also start blathering officially in having nukes to scare people off.
- Being the most fragile places in the world, the Middle East and Africa are going to start seeing some shit because of climate change, overpopulation, and politics/religion. The idea of "Water Wars" begin to emerge in places like Ethiopia/Egypt, South Africa implodes into Civil War, more conflict in the regions, etc. This is the fall of the first domino in global instability, the beginning of the collapse in the Third world.

In summary, what we will see is not a total destabilization of the world, but the beginning of it. The next two decades will be a period of stress, tension, radicalization, dissent, and uncertainty as the cracks begin to show. People hate what's happening but there is no momentum to substantially shift things like how the Communists or the Nazis tried. Things will degenerate yet people are still getting food on the plate. The world will be somewhat stable, but instability is beginning to creep up to even the most secure places.

As America begins to truly plunge the decade after, the change for the world will be irrecoverable and nothing seen since the fall of the Soviet Union.

Russia is held with ducttape, they never transitioned and in fact went back to soviet times, more specifically breznev. Thats how putin works, is the same shitty system full of corruption and inneficiency but russians dont care as long as theres food on the table and indeed breznev basically fucked the ussr up but because oil prices were high there was money coming in and nobody gave a fuck, seriously doubt the eu is gonna want to join that mess

With africa the thing is some places are actually doing well, like rwanda, so you're gonna have a sort of 90s europe situation where some countries are near-developed while others are in a fucking genocidal war like the balkans att.

India is gonna get fucked hard by global warming, I think the first water wars are gonna happen there. Couple that with rising sea levels turning places like bangladesh uninhabitable thus creating a huge refugee crisis in the area

As for israel they are gonna get really isolated without murrica there coming to the rescue. The eu policy is already greatly affected by its muslim population and by the time they close to the majority I expect them to be openly hostile to israel with trade sanctions and everything, and the israelis cant do shit because unlike the arabs the yuros do have nukes and icbms. You mention china but theres not fucking way they are gonna lose their profitable markets in muslim countries to help a bunch of hebrews in the middle of the desert, their deals with israel was only as a way to steal american military tech through our "greatest ally"

The youth bulge you mention is real and I think the guys on the top are well aware which is why they keep pumping so much anti-men propaganda to keep everybody too demoralized to do anything. Shit will catch up with them anyway as the rest of the world is not doing that thus their male population is more productive and willing to defend the homeland while western one couldnt give less of a fuck and many are content with living off welfare

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
I don't think it's so much a "youth bulge" but a more of a "doomer bulge", aka, we've a large chunk of the population that doesn't believe things can ever get better and are checking out.

Biden has made it worse with his shpeel about the "dark winter" and I think this demoralizing campaign is going to blow up in their filthy faces. Seriously, what's the end goal? To lord over a poverty stricken shit hole?

Also, one thing about Wednesday that stuck out to me was seeing those congressmen cowering beneath desks and wearing those safety hoods. They showed too much weakness and methinks people might try and push even more once they realize most of these assholes are nothing more than empty suits.

Tl;dr, we must return to monke and bombard politicians with feces.

Follow his lead
Return-to-Monke-Know-Your-Meme.jpg

PaleTay

kiwifarms.net
I don't think it's so much a "youth bulge" but a more of a "doomer bulge", aka, we've a large chunk of the population that doesn't believe things can ever get better and are checking out.

Biden has made it worse with his shpeel about the "dark winter" and I think this demoralizing campaign is going to blow up in their filthy faces. Seriously, what's the end goal? To lord over a poverty stricken shit hole?

Also, one thing about Wednesday that stuck out to me was seeing those congressmen cowering beneath desks and wearing those safety hoods. They showed too much weakness and methinks people might try and push even more once they realize most of these assholes are nothing more than empty suits.

Follow his lead
View attachment 1840355
The doomer bulge with young people isn't just strictly political but sociopolitical. The big problem is that young conservative/libertarian women lean overwhelmingly Neocon or Progressive Conservative and working with them isn't that different than working with progressives. So "winning" means next to nothing will actually change.

Odnovo

kiwifarms.net
I am not sure what to expect from the next 20 years because it could go in any given direction. The election in the US was obviously rigged in the favor of the Democrats to the point where the country is a de facto one party state, and will likely always be, and yet it is fairly obvious that most people did not actually want Biden to become president (given the losses of the Democrats in most local elections) and there is a rapidly growing distrust and contempt for both the media and the government (who are likely almost one and the same by this point; the "free press" is free in name only).

Frankly, I think that we are fucked. What the events over the past few years in Europe, America and the Islamic world has taught me, is that evil wins.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can you imagine what someone from America in the late 20th century would think if they heard about the shitshow that is America in the first 20 years of this (so far disturbing) new millennium?

Y2K scare, 9/11, the "war on terror", Katrina, an endless recession, the 2012 scare, "social" media, social "justice", TDS, a rigged election, "post-truth", "deepfakes", "journalism", and endless riots "peaceful protests". And to top it all off: everyone wearing "face masks" and living under endless house arrest over an overblown "pandemic" full of politics. Not to mention censorship and surveillance.

Last edited:

DeadFish

I've may have made some mistakes...
kiwifarms.net

Follow his lead
View attachment 1840355
Humans gained superiority due to their intelligence and technology
The problem with intelligence and the brains strucuture which allows for it is energy and nutrient intensive.

Technology is also resource intensive.

Over time the resources needed to retain both technology and the intelligence to develop and maintain it will dwindle.

Eventually our intelligence will match what our eviroment can provide. We will become over time dumber and dumber.

In short the future of mankind is we all become Chris Chan.

10000 years from now we all will have an IQ similar to a grapefruit

DeadFish

I've may have made some mistakes...
kiwifarms.net
Why wouldn't IQ stay the same instead? In other words, reach an equilibrium?
I think I explained that. Partly joking but not.

For humans to keep their current level of intelligence requires insane amounts of nutrition and energy.

Our intelligence is expressed via technology.

Both are resource intense.

As resources diminish so will technology (and the intelligence needed to make it) diminish as well.

The ability to create tech becomes a Mal adaption When there are no resources to shape into said tech.

You cant make a stone axe if there isnt any

stone to use. You cant keep nutrient intensive brains if bio diversity been cut down to almost nill. We will be only as intelligent as our eviroment will allow.

I also predict planet earths next dominant species will be meat eating plants.

Why? Cause meat eating plants thrive only in soil thats depleted of nutrients. Why would the soil be depleted? Because of us.

So we will become free range cattle to new sentient carnivorous man sized plants. These plants will control us via mimicking speech, and pheromones.

Thats our future.

Entrophy always wins

Last edited:

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
Can you imagine what someone from America in the late 20th century would think if they heard about the shitshow that is America in the first 20 years of this (so far disturbing) new millennium?

Y2K scare, 9/11, the "war on terror", Katrina, an endless recession, the 2012 scare, "social" media, social "justice", TDS, a rigged election, "post-truth", "deepfakes", "journalism", and endless riots "peaceful protests". And to top it all off: everyone wearing "face masks" and living under endless house arrest over an overblown "pandemic" full of politics. Not to mention censorship and surveillance.
A lot of legit disillusioned Leftists already think this. Except for Y2K since that requires some knowledge of computers. Everything else, your true believer multi-cultural yuppie would just be baffled. A greaser would just think all this stuff is dumb and that's partially correct; it is dumb, but dumb affects you whether you want it or not.

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
as February dawns upon us we can already infer that something is going to happen regarding the right. Tensions are at an all-time high and you don't need two brain cells to see that some fuckery is afoot.

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
Further steps towards the rise of AI and it's influence and possibilities. Everything else is just a distraction, really. AI will be the atom bomb of this century. That's what people truly will remember about this century. If there will be people left.

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
Further steps towards the rise of AI and it's influence and possibilities. Everything else is just a distraction, really. AI will be the atom bomb of this century. That's what people truly will remember about this century. If there will be people left.
That's assuming it could be done. Which you know, with the whole current state of affairs I'm not positive in regards to that.

Odnovo

kiwifarms.net
as February dawns upon us we can already infer that something is going to happen regarding the right. Tensions are at an all-time high and you don't need two brain cells to see that some fuckery is afoot.
I don't doubt that but I'm not sure how fruitful any efforts concerning that would be since you're already seeing infighting and disillusionment among the various groups of the Left and ANTIFA is still going ape as usual. Plus, the supreme court seems to actually be doing its job with some things, such as blocking Biden's deportation freeze in Texas.

Real Gay Autist

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

from The Second Coming by W. B. Yeats

TheRatcatcher

Camp Sneedvaro
kiwifarms.net
Further destabilization in the Middle East and Africa from constant interference.

China becomes the first country to legalize genetically engineered designer babies.

North Korea could collapse. There's not really much you can do with a country that is constantly isolated or it just gets absorbed by China.

Europe drifts between being ultra-nationalist right wing and secular humanist liberal in some parts. Poland and Eastern Europe follows this as they see the secular liberal parts of Europe being shadows of the Soviet Union.

America becomes further polarized and a second civil war might happen or revolution. But then again, no one is willing to risk their comfort so it might be a few sectarian clashes.

Space travel booms and we begin to see more of an impetus to explore beyond the Solar System. Could see some sort of a facility on the Moon in 2040 or 2050 assuming if we don't nuke ourselves to death.

albert the programmer

Computer programmer at work
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking this the other day, but imagine what rap music will sound like in the mid-2020’s to 2030?
Hip-Hop/Rap is currently America’s most popular genre and it has been going on strong in the last four years.

Time will only tell how long technology will advance itself to the point where rap music won’t even sound like music. Instead, we might get different phases of nu-rap, like the nu-metal scene back in the 2000’s.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, if someone from the 80s visited the '00s, I don't think there'd be too much culture shock. But if someone from the '80s - or even the '00s - visited 2020, they'd be immediately greeted by the sight of people wearing masks at all times, and people staring at little screens all the time. They'd likely be taken back by the political division. The normal humor they enjoy could be seen as "shockingly offensive". To them, it could be like something out of a dystopian scifi.

Or the Twilight Zone.

At the rate things are getting worse, what will America be like in just 10 years?

Last edited:

Quantum Diabetes

Kiwifarts.com
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking this the other day, but imagine what rap music will sound like in the mid-2020’s to 2030?
Hip-Hop/Rap is currently America’s most popular genre and it has been going on strong in the last four years.

Time will only tell how long technology will advance itself to the point where rap music won’t even sound like music. Instead, we might get different phases of nu-rap, like the nu-metal scene back in the 2000’s.
The videos will just be them flinging shit at each other methinks.

Dom Cruise

Winter waifu, 1906 style
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, if someone from the 80s visited the '00s, I don't think there'd be too much culture shock. But if someone from the '80s - or even the '00s - visited 2020, they'd be immediately greeted by the sight of people wearing masks at all times, and people staring at little screens all the time. They'd likely be taken back by the political division. The normal humor they enjoy could be seen as "shockingly offensive". To them, it could be like something out of a dystopian scifi.

Or the Twilight Zone.

At the rate things are getting worse, what will America be like in just 10 years?
A lot changed from the 80s to the 2000s, in fact I would say that in surface level ways more changed from the 80s to the 2000s than the 2000s to today, as far as like clothes, pop culture and stuff goes, I mean there's been plenty of change sure, but it's not quite as night and day as it was from the 80s to the 2000s.

Instead the most radical change since the 2000s has been sociopolitical, stuff like SJW/Woke and the coronavirus, all the biggest changes have been change for the worse and whatever's still decent is essentially holdovers from the past.

It's incredibly upsetting when you realize that we truly are living in dystopian times, life is worse now than it was in the past, it's a combination of the coronavirus and the ever present dread over where the political/racial division might be going.

It's also depressing how this casts a pall over the past, to think this is what was waiting for us, I'm big on nostalgia but looking back on yesteryear everything seems a little phony baloney, a little hollow, we know now it was all essentially a façade covering the nightmare that was just waiting to be unleashed, like blood seeping through a bandage.