What was the last decent year for the world? - Before shit started getting crazy

Syaoran Li

Commie Punks Fuck Off!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd say either 2012 or 2007. Both of those years had this weird "calm before the storm" vibe when I look at them in retrospect, both on a personal and a wider cultural level.

The Great Recession and the rise of Obama really set the stage for the "Current Year" culture that would ultimately define the 2010's. But it wouldn't be until after Occupy sputtered out and the 2012 election happened that we started to see "Current Year" begin to truly take root.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I'd say either 2012 or 2007. Both of those years had this weird "calm before the storm" vibe when I look at them in retrospect, both on a personal and a wider cultural level.

The Great Recession and the rise of Obama really set the stage for the "Current Year" culture that would ultimately define the 2010's. But it wouldn't be until after Occupy sputtered out and the 2012 election happened that we started to see "Current Year" begin to truly take root.
2007 was also the end of a major epoch for America, you could feel in the air that it was a time of major change.

TopCat

kiwifarms.net
1913. One year before generations of men were wiped out in possibly one of the most pointless, bloodiest, futile wars of all time. The world has never really been the same since, and it ultimately led to another world war, the Cold War, and most likely the batshit insanity that we're now dealing with today as the resulting fallout from it all.

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
2007, before late 2008 really, because that’s when the world decided I was an adult Gorilless now and I have sponsibilities which means I can’t have fun anymore.
At the very least I can drink, smoke weed, have sex, have no bedtime and drive now.

politics has always been, I grew up with a very pro politics family. Seeing what happened to it is like seeing your fandom get flooded with autists and normies, like when something goes mainstream and now you don’t enjoy it anymore

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
1913. One year before generations of men were wiped out in possibly one of the most pointless, bloodiest, futile wars of all time. The world has never really been the same since, and it ultimately led to another world war, the Cold War, and most likely the batshit insanity that we're now dealing with today as the resulting fallout from it all.

"Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they sound the fife lowly,
Did the rifles fire o'er you as they lowered you down?
Did the bugles sing "The Last Post" in?
Did the pipes play "The Flowers of the Forest?""

WW1 was definitely one of the worst tragedies in human history and one can only imagine how much better a place the world would probably be if it had never happened.

Isn't it interesting though that I said 2013 and you said 1913? Both years were an end of an era before things got exponentially worse, what is it with '14 years?

Define decent. The world was always a shitshow in one way or another.
It's true, but at least it was a different kind of shitshow.

Mankind has always had our art to help us cope with a difficult reality, it can't be understated how evil the SJWs' campaign to utterly ruin every form of human expression is, culture matters, it matters that they are trying to destroy our culture in an effort to help break our spirits and make us easier to control.

And mankind has always faced challenges, but people used to be made of better, stronger stuff that helped each other deal with those challenges better, there's something about SJWs that is almost anti-human, the sheer malice of them, the sheer glee they take in the suffering they inflict on others, it's not normal, it's something new.

I'm sorry to get so heavy handed when it comes to the topics of SJWs but it's no joke how purely evil those people are.

There is just something about our current situation that I find to be an especially shitty form of the shitshow, you'll have to just forgive me if I get a little worked up sometimes.

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
I agree that GamerGate was the true start of current year, but it took until 2016 for it to really promulgate outside certain internet circles. Even in 2015, most left-leaning opinions didn't face the online dissent they would a year or two later.

2018 was when things started getting exponentially worse, though.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None