What was the last decent year for the world? - Before shit started getting crazy

Just Here for A and H

Toxically Hypermasculine Necropolitician
kiwifarms.net
The year prior to the moment a man who no one remembers first looked into a pool of water and realized what was looking back at him, probably.

Unassuming Local Guy

Friendly and affectionate
kiwifarms.net
Loud and clear, day after day I see the same message perpetrated by modern culture and that's "FUCK YOU WHITE BOY! FUCK YOU WHITE BOY! FUCK YOU WHITE BOY!" and here I am just a guy whose done nothing but sit around playing his fucking video games, not bothering anybody, not doing anything to anybody and I'm made to feel hated and unwanted in my own fucking country, I'm sick of it.

I just miss feeling free to live my own fucking life.
Wow, this was posted in February before Kill Whitey went from an unspoken sentiment to the official motto of the DNC. Can't imagine what he's feeling right now. Some kind of bittersweet vindication I assume.

They gave you le epic disagreement stickers, but you were right in the end. Oh were you right.

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
Wow, this was posted in February before Kill Whitey went from an unspoken sentiment to the official motto of the DNC. Can't imagine what he's feeling right now. Some kind of bittersweet vindication I assume.

They gave you le epic disagreement stickers, but you were right in the end. Oh were you right.
@Dom Cruise is still active, retard. He's posted plenty in the riot thread.

Tovarisz

Nuts
kiwifarms.net
I'll go with 2015, before then it was easy to ignore politics altogether, I was even watching some lefty youtubers and they only talked politics on Twitter. But it all changes in the months before the election, politics got infused into everything and not a day went by without someone mentioning Trump or their shit political views since.

I unsubbed a shitload of YT channels for talking politics when they shouldn't have, stopped reading news websites, stopped going to the movies but there is no escape, it only gets worse.

In 2015 it was so easy to avoid this shit while still enjoying the internet and even sites that today are bastions of leftism were apolitical to a huge degree. Now in order to avoid it Id have to cut my fiber, and I might just do that some day.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net

Yeah, it was a vibe I had been feeling for years before it really came to a head this year.

I'll go with 2015, before then it was easy to ignore politics altogether, I was even watching some lefty youtubers and they only talked politics on Twitter. But it all changes in the months before the election, politics got infused into everything and not a day went by without someone mentioning Trump or their shit political views since.

I unsubbed a shitload of YT channels for talking politics when they shouldn't have, stopped reading news websites, stopped going to the movies but there is no escape, it only gets worse.

In 2015 it was so easy to avoid this shit while still enjoying the internet and even sites that today are bastions of leftism were apolitical to a huge degree. Now in order to avoid it Id have to cut my fiber, and I might just do that some day.
Yes, 2015 was the final year before it really hit critical mass, it was hard to appreciate that at the time because it was post Gamergate and post Ferguson, but things only got so much worse afterward.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2012. Obama getting re-elected was the worst thing to happen that decade. The left began their journey to where we are today. 2013-2016 were buffer years. They weren't shit, but things started going down hill fast. Trump being elected was the turning moment. Mainly because the left just went insane and began to be fueled by revenge. 2017 when we had the first adpocalypse and #metoo and deplatforming began. 2020 is the worst so far because the left took advantage of two situation to put pressure on the public not to vote for Trump again. And they began accelerating their plans to make sure their party wins. By censorship and deplatforming.

I fully expect Trump to win this year. The next two years will test America. I don't think it'll be the worst thing that's ever happen to the country, but the Dems are going to make it seem like its the worst ever. They will remove all pretense of decency and just go for the jugular. The dems will go full on terrorists. Expect more mass shootings. Bombings are going to make a return. Trump and Barr are going to keep going after Antifa to stop all this shit. The internet will continue to decline. I expect more censorship. But now, you'll get deplatformed for even less. The payment processors will attempt to ban all GOP activity.

I see this continuing until 2022. Why? midterms. The public will be thoroughly sick and tired of the Dems shit and vote them out of office en mass. Sure, California, Illinois, and New York will still vote dems. But everywhere else will vote someone else. Probably GOP, but I expect a new party comprised of old school dems to appear on the scene and replace a lot the seats in the senate and house. Along the way, Trump will use the FCC to try and curtail internet censorship by making an example out of Twitter. Maybe he'll even go after payment processors for allowing who gets to use their services.

This could all happen earlier if the left manage to pull of an Oklahoma City Bombing or 9/11 style event. Both Casualty wise. I'm doubtful that'll happen, but it would accelerate their decline even faster. America would have a unified enemy. The GOP will be more than willing to put the boot on them with the public's backing. Now hopefully this doesn't result in the right becoming just like the left. I give a OKC Bombing a 9% chance of happening while a 9/11 style event 1% chance.

2023 will be the beginning of a new chapter. The PTB will give up using the left as their puppets and begin the long process of corrupting the right (lol the right's already corrupt). Now, the tone of this new chapter is anyone's guess. 2023 and 2024 will be buffer years again. Or they could be just the start. It really depends on who the GOP gets to run. If they return to the RINOs of old and one of them wins, I expect more turmoil. Not as bad as before, but a lot of disenfranchised folks a la Bernie. If we get another Trump like or lite person who'll continue the work Trump does, then probably more prosperity. The 80s redux essentially.

If we had saw Hillary win, shit would still be bad, but it wouldn't be as accelerated. It would be more of the same shit we've seen since Dubya. A slow removal of our freedoms and a decline in the quality of life for the middle class. And honestly, the shocking thing is all this didn't have to happen. If the left ignored Trump and didn't give him as much screen time, it could have been Hillary vs Jeb. Joe Sixpack would be none the wiser of his decline and probably have agreed to it in the end.

Last edited:

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
Another difference between 2015 and today is that the overton window was still transitioning. Like, the counterculture was more or less just focused on SJWs, not the left wing as a whole. 2014-15 was a brief period of time where being "based" meant hating SJWs and the religious right. Remember back then, even many people vocally against SJWs said things that would be considered textbook TDS in two years' time. It feels like it changed from "SJWs and fundies bad" to "leftism bad, right wing good, and Christianity based" over 2016-18.

dirlewanger

kiwifarms.net
2007 Was the last great year for me in terms of gaming with Mass effect,Bioshock,Halo 3 and The orange box Though these games all received sequels I never enjoyed Them as much

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
The last decent year was 1987. It was before the USSR fell, when Japan was still on top of the world, and when the USA was indisputably the leader of the "Free" World.

Everything went to shit when the USSR fell - in both East AND West.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2007 Was the last great year for me in terms of gaming with Mass effect,Bioshock,Halo 3 and The orange box Though these games all received sequels I never enjoyed Them as much
Literally all that matters on the fucking planet is video games, specifically first person shooter video games

Another difference between 2015 and today is that the overton window was still transitioning. Like, the counterculture was more or less just focused on SJWs, not the left wing as a whole. 2014-15 was a brief period of time where being "based" meant hating SJWs and the religious right. Remember back then, even many people vocally against SJWs said things that would be considered textbook TDS in two years' time. It feels like it changed from "SJWs and fundies bad" to "leftism bad, right wing good, and Christianity based" over 2016-18.
2016 gave us some pretty nasty whiplash with how extreme the left was getting. There are lots of stories out there about people losing friends, and family members cutting off all contact with anyone who wouldn't get irrationally angry at Trump, no matter what. And it was so widespread, too.

Tags
None