What was the last decent year for the world? - Before shit started getting crazy

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are you talking about WWI? Because if so, white America was still extremely racist and society was still conservative even after WWI. America got involved shortly after in 1917. It was WWII and the aftermath when things went to shit completely here in America. Remember this?

Thing is, it is really isn't the society itself that ultimately mattered, it was the actions set into motion that locked the US onto it, and from my point of view the abandonment of pragmatic foriegn policy (control of the Americas; control of the Pacific; maintaining the flow of trade from china) in favor of Troskyite-esque world revolution rethoric (getting involved in Europe; getting involved in the middle east; trying to impliment democracy on every foe we defeated; encouraging the peace deal for WW1 to depose as many monarchies as possible (!) by refusing any conditional peace offers) is what ultimately lead us to today.

Sicklick

kiwifarms.net
Thing is, it is really isn't the society itself that ultimately mattered, it was the actions set into motion that locked the US onto it, and from my point of view the abandonment of pragmatic foriegn policy (control of the Americas; control of the Pacific; maintaining the flow of trade from china) in favor of Troskyite-esque world revolution rethoric (getting involved in Europe; getting involved in the middle east; trying to impliment democracy on every foe we defeated; encouraging the peace deal for WW1 to depose as many monarchies as possible (!) by refusing any conditional peace offers) is what ultimately lead us to today.
I disagree with that completely. It's not the politicians that matter, otherwise you would have to go back even further than 1914 all the way back to 1860 when that traitorous yank Lincoln got elected. Hell, some people even say George Washington was a freemason and that America was kiked from the beginning. Like I said, the 1930s was the last good decade for America politically, at least in my opinion because that was before the civil rights movement, desegregation, the sexual revolution, the cultural revolution, etc. The Second World War was when America lost it 's way. so did the rest of the world.

Syaoran Li

Manager of the Goth IHOP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My mother's my sister....
OK (((Traditionalist)))

Bro, do you even live south of the Mason-Dixon line?

Or are you just some edgelord Zoomer traditionalist faggot LARP'er who saw The Distributist and decided to be a tryhard "Deus Vult!" carpetbagger?

On a more serious note, can we quit arguing over WWII and WWI? I think we can all agree that Woodrow Wilson was one of our worst presidents overall.

Last edited:

Sicklick

kiwifarms.net
OK (((Traditionalist)))

Bro, do you even live south of the Mason-Dixon line?

Or are you just some edgelord Zoomer traditionalist faggot LARP'er who saw The Distributist and decided to be a tryhard "Deus Vult!" carpetbagger?
I'm a zoomer who knows a little bit about American History. I was born into a literal dystopia. IMO, the 16/1700s - 1930s were the best years of human history and European achievement. White supremacy became a thing, deeply rooted in the scientific racism of the 17th and 18th centuries, the Enlightenment, inventions, the scientific revolution, the industrial revolution, the post-Renaissance period where we transitioned from medieval to the modern world, etc.

Syaoran Li

Manager of the Goth IHOP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a zoomer who knows a little bit about American History. I was born into a literal dystopia. IMO, the 16/1700s - 1930s were the best years of human history and European achievement. White supremacy became a thing, deeply rooted in the scientific racism of the 17th and 18th centuries, the Enlightenment, inventions, thd scientific revolution, the post-Renaissance period where we transitioned from medieval to the modern world, etc.
Well, I'm a Late Millennial who's a history enthusiast myself but one thing you must always keep in mind is the good times were never as good as we may think although I'll agree that we're in a Brave New World-esque dystopia or at least we're sure as fuck heading there ASAP.

Sicklick

kiwifarms.net
Well, I'm a Late Millennial who's a history enthusiast myself but one thing you must always keep in mind is the good times were never as good as we may think although I'll agree that we're in a Brave New World-esque dystopia or at least we're sure as fuck heading there ASAP.
I'm a genzennial too (born in the late 90s). Honestly, I think things have been getting better recently due to the acceleration from the left. Since 2012 it seems the left has been overplaying their hand and now they are starting to piss off regular normies, and now even the boomers are starting to see why their parents/grandparents hanged these people from lamp posts. All the niggers, spics, Jews, Antifa trannies, etc. are going to see here very soon that their days are numbered as they are testing the patience of the common man. That's why we voted for Trump in the first place. The shots that killed Trayvon Martin were the first shots fired in this race war that we're in. And with the left-wing violence against both moderates and even center-right people, it has shown us time and time again that you have to pick a side now. There is no middleman bullshit anymore. Hell, I've even seen non-whites and degenerates become redpilled recently. As of 2017, 9-10% of Americans said they identified with alt-right/neo-Nazi beliefs. That number has most certainly climbed this year I bet. And even though the Jews have been doing their part in fracturing the people leading the revolution and using heir powers to shut it down, it's been of no use anyways. They're starting a civil war and as inclusion can no longer work, so they're just collecting whatever else they can get from us and leaving befpre it really kicks off.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The difference between now and then is simply people were better, what we have going on today is a phenomenon where a not insignificant number of people can be described as flatout evil
Can you give some examples on this?

Notice I very purposely titled the thread the last "decent" year for the world, not the last great one.
The modern world has always sucked, so I picked a specific moment where things seemed to change for the worse.

Although I suppose living in the world before modern times could've sucked even more - at least since the dawn of civilization - what with all the pillaging, slavery, plague, and torture. Maybe it's pessimism from being stuck in urban sprawl, but humans as a whole seem to be a fairly crappy species...

The world's never been decent lmao

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Looking back, i honestly don't know what i hate more. The overly positive anti-critical normalfag blissful ignorance of the early 2010's, or the violent ultra-angry hate-filled political battlefield of the late 2010's to this day.

I just hope the following years of the 2020's aren't just repeating and cycling through both of these all over again. Otherwise i'll be convinced society is stuck in a time loop.
I miss the "overly positive anti-critical normalfag blissful ignorance of the early 2010's" to be honest, yes it was a lie, but it was a beautiful one, I wish it hadn't been a lie.

It was preferable to the "violent ultra-angry hate-filled political battlefield" of the late 2010's and today.

2007. It always comes beck to this Meme:

View attachment 1470704

Everyone got online and turned into autistic spazzes. When you had autistic spazzes slapfighting over Star Trek, WWF vs WCW and anime it wasn't a big deal, now it's over shit that actually matters and it's fucked us all.
2007 was actually the peak of the old internet though I'd say, despite the fact that the seeds of the internet's ultimate downfall were laid that year ironically enough.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The '90s and '00s had problems, but they sure as hell were better than this seemingly endless "Current Year" of epidemic obesity, "social distancing", smartphone zombies, "social" media, "social justice", "surveillance capitalism", freakish tattoos and piercings being mainstream, riots, face masks, "bugmen", censorship, "Internet Of Things", and an endless recession.

Hopefully things will get better someday.

Last edited:

TalmudSperg

New Zealander & Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
The next year On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres was published and the world went to shit. The world lost it's place and mind in 1543

The Spice boi

I live for customer service
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why people keep asking "where'd it all go wrong" and "when was the last time the world was normal".

Like we went through 2 world wars and a cold war that could've ended the world in nuclear hellfire. Small pox and polio wiped out millions or crippled them. Communist revolutions and economic downfalls have torn nations apart for the last 50 years. Shit right now is pretty plain tbh,

My advice is to try finding positivity in it all. You can find joy in anything. You just gotta make the effort

Local Fed

Dolly Parton fan account
kiwifarms.net
I don't know why people keep asking "where'd it all go wrong" and "when was the last time the world was normal".

Like we went through 2 world wars and a cold war that could've ended the world in nuclear hellfire. Small pox and polio wiped out millions or crippled them. Communist revolutions and economic downfalls have torn nations apart for the last 50 years. Shit right now is pretty plain tbh,

My advice is to try finding positivity in it all. You can find joy in anything. You just gotta make the effort
Counterpoint: furries and bronies are now a thing, and that's worse than a polio-nuclear hellfire combo. :story:

Tags
None