What Was the WORST Thing that You've Ever Made?

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

MerriedxReldnahc

Hammer Whore-er
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I once made a terrible mistake reading a ginger cookie recipe becasue the first step was to set aside some sugar to roll the dough in later, so the sugar was the first thing in the ingredient list. Since you also refrigerate your dough for an hour before doing the rolling, I just ignored that step for the moment and went down the list of everything else I needed- totally forgetting that that the first thing listed was not the flour but the sugar. I felt like the dough was stickier that usual even after I refrigerated it but figured it was fine. It wasn't until I opened the oven after baking and was greeted with a sticky, bubbly carmelized nightmare coating the whole baking pan that I knew that everything was not, in fact, fine. There wasn't even kind of enough flour in that dough to make something resembing a cookie. Basically I had made ginger caramel bark. (Which wasn't too bad tbh) I'm usually such a good baker, it was embarassing.

TwinkleSnort

Welcome to The Twilight Zone.
kiwifarms.net
Not me, but a family member who shall not be named, once decided we all needed to "eat healthy", so this well-meaning soul made a pecan pie - with no sugar, no corn syrup, nothing. Just dry pecans, burned into a dry pie crust. Thanks, I guess?

vertexwindi

That's for employing me for eight years!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My mother is a retired Home ec. teacher, she has so many stories like this. Like the time they made brownies and one group put one cup of baking soda and not one tea spoon. She was wondering where all the baking soda went when they came running up to her with what she described as molten bubbly brownies. Apparently they had only skimmed the recipe and added all measurements as cups, because they're exceptional (her words). This was in High School BTW.
How do you fuck up like this

All you have to do is read

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
How do you fuck up like this

All you have to do is read
She suspected they had never paid attention to family members cooking and thought her class was an easy A, so they didn't really need to pay attention.

It was made early in the day, so she kept the molten brownies out with a note that read " When you don't read recipes this is what happens." Made by <Students' names>