What was your first game?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

KawaiiChrisChan

kiwifarms.net
Sonic the Hedgehog on 16-bit SEGA Genesis... DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

Also, Electrobody, Vinyl Goddess from Mars, and put put goes to the moon, on my old 486.

Shadow Fox

Internet Professional
kiwifarms.net
Commodore 64 games. We had a bunch of the Windham Classics (Below the Root, Alice in Wonderland, Swiss Family Robinson, Treasure Island) and some Disney games from Sierra (Mickey's Space Adventure was my sister's and my favorite), plus our dad went to this computer club thing and got disks full of freeware games that we played.

First console game was SMB/Duck Hunt on the NES. The first game that was mine and not my sister's was Excitebike.

R

RV 229

kiwifarms.net
Tetris was the first game I've ever played.
Pokemon Silver got me into video games.

Abhor-able

kiwifarms.net
Super Mario Bros.

It was 1988, and apparently a life of video games and obesity was ahead of me.

Luscinia Hafez

kiwifarms.net
First game ever: Streets of Rage, back in '93.
Game that got me into games: Sonic. My Genesis died on me long ago but then again that's what emulators are for.

2_CUTE_2_BOLT

kiwifarms.net
Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES. That was the shit. 8-)

I don't exactly remember what game really got into gaming, but Skyrim is the one that made me quit gaming. It wasn't bad, it was just that I was playing this game into the ground when I came to the realization that video games are not a productive part of my life. (I'm an ex-gamer).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan Rash

LET IT OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!
kiwifarms.net
First game ever? Super Mario Land.

First game of my own? Sonic 2.

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't really remember my first video game. My parents had an Atari 2600 when I was a toddler and I know they had Haunted House, Pac-Man, and Indiana Jones for it, but they sold it at a garage sale before I was old enough to enjoy it. We would also frequently eat at a local Pizza Hut with friends, and they had one of those top-down Pac-Man cabinets and a Space Invaders booth, and my father would play both and I'd watch him. We also had a Tandy 1000 computer from Radio Shack that had some games on it--Tetris, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune.

But the first video game I personally got into was Super Mario Bros. for the NES. My cousin was an early adopter of the NES because his parents were rich and hell and he was spoiled rotten. My parents picked me up my own a few years later.

I was pretty obsessed with both Super Mario Bros. and Castlevania III.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
my family had intellivision. so it was snafu and burgertime.

Night Terror

outta my way
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm fairly sure my first game was Super Mario Land on the Game Boy Brick. But I didn't really get into gaming until I got my PS1 and started playing Crash, Spyro, Croc, Rayman, etc.

The Tyrant

kiwifarms.net
The first game I ever played was Killer Instinct. And I loved it. Frankly, I still love it, as it is one of my favorite fighters.

clowndoll

kiwifarms.net
I also gotta say duck hunt or super mario bros. I'm not sure which came first. I was really obsessed with Super Mario once I got the hang of it. (Hey, I was 4)
But I also watched my dad play a ton of Final Fantasy VI on snes very early on. He would read out the character dialogue for me since I was around 3 or 4 and couldn't read yet. It was like him reading me a story book on the TV. With monster battles. The visuals and music really caught my interest at the time, and I think that's what really got me into jrpgs later.

waypastcool

kiwifarms.net
This will show my age, but oh well! My first video game experience was with one of those Coleco Telstar (or something similar) systems from the late 70s that came with games built in such as Pong, tennis, jai alai- anything that could be reproduced with paddles and a ball. I was around 4 years old and remember thinking how awesome it was. After that, the first console video game experience I had was playing Frogger on an Atari 2600. I was hooked instantly and have loved video games ever since. Frogger still holds a special place in my heart.

Mama Luigi

PENDEEEERS
kiwifarms.net
The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros. I always got stuck with Luigi. And thus, the legend of Mama Luigi was born!
I'm in high school and I had awful parents, so the first system I ever got was a GBA. However, I'm amassing a collection of systems and games at the moment to make up for my awful childhood. Not saying the GBA was awful, I'm just saying that it was all they let me get.
I guess I'm a youngfag. Or whatever kids these days call us young people.

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
waypastcool said:
This will show my age, but oh well! My first video game experience was with one of those Coleco Telstar (or something similar) systems from the late 70s that came with games built in such as Pong, tennis, jai alai- anything that could be reproduced with paddles and a ball.
Whenever I hear the word Telstar, I always think of this:

[youtube]ryrEPzsx1gQ[/youtube]

I can't tell if that would make me look young and ignorant or old and slow to embrace new ideas like video games.

waypastcool

kiwifarms.net
The Hunter said:
waypastcool said:
This will show my age, but oh well! My first video game experience was with one of those Coleco Telstar (or something similar) systems from the late 70s that came with games built in such as Pong, tennis, jai alai- anything that could be reproduced with paddles and a ball.
Whenever I hear the word Telstar, I always think of this:

[youtube]ryrEPzsx1gQ[/youtube]

I can't tell if that would make me look young and ignorant or old and slow to embrace new ideas like video games.

Lol, I love that they show an actual Coleco Telstar in the video! :lol:

This is what I think of when I hear Telstar. In the 80s, my grandparents had one of those humongous satellite dishes that would actually rotate to get to each satellite position. Since Telstar was at the lowest position, we would switch from the highest-located satellite to Telstar just to watch the dish outside rotate. What can I say? I was a kid, I lived in the sticks, and am mildly autistic. That was entertainment!

TastyWoodenBadge

My wooden badge was delicious
kiwifarms.net
My first console was a model 1 Mega Drive, I must have been about 4 or 5 at the time, I can't quite remember the first game I played on it but it was either Sonic 2 or Lotus Challenge.