What was your first game?

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I posted earlier in the thread that Super Mario Bros. was my first video game, like many others here. However, I'd say the games that turned me into a "gamer" all came out during the N64 era, when I was in high school. Those would be Super Mario 64, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, and Goldeneye.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
According to my dad, my very first game was Duck Hunt for the NES. Specifically, the one that shared a cartridge with Super Mario Bros.

Although the first game that I remember playing was Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back for the PS1.

Goddessoftheshire

I'm so very pretty!
kiwifarms.net
The first games I ever played also were Mario Bros. and duck Hunt my parents bought a Super Nintendo some time in 1991 or 1992. The first game I ever owned on was SimCity 2000 it was a surprise for New Years 1995.

Globe

baby you look great today
kiwifarms.net
Decap Attack and Splatterhouse are my earliest memories of video games, but there's probably something predating that.

Surtur

Destroyer of the Universe.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Globe said:
Decap Attack and Splatterhouse are my earliest memories of video games, but there's probably something predating that.

Whitch Splatterhouse? 3 was my favorite.

Null

Custodian of Records, King of Lies, Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
PC: ComixZone and SimCity2000. I remember finding some really cool game library on Windows way back and playing the hell out of those two. I could never beat the 2nd map on ComixZone.
SNES: Primal Rage, Super Mario Bros, and Kirby Dreamland.

Those were so far back I can hardly remember anything aside from the fact that I failed miserably at them. The first games I remember playing were Runescape and Diablo 2.

Some day I want to create a Mr Plinkett style 3 hour review of why Diablo 3 is the most soul crushing disappointment of my entire life. I cannot name anything else that hurts my souls as much as Diablo 3.

Lefty

kiwifarms.net
Street Fighter II. I always have a fondness for that series even though I'm still just as bad at it as when I first played it.

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
At first I remembered playing Donkey Kong Country 3 as the first game I ever played. Then I remembered that I used to play point-and-click kids games on the computer like Pajama Sam and Putt Putt. :oops:

It wasn't until my parents got me and my brother an N64 and Super Mario 64 that I became really interested in games.

Jinmen

kiwifarms.net
Probably Qbert on the atari or Jill of the Jungle on my grandmother's computer.

Maurice Caine

I owe ya one.
kiwifarms.net
I vaguely remember a game where it's like Mortal Combat but you're a dinosaur and a gigantic ape and you rip each other's hearts out. It was an SNES game. That'd definitely be the first I played when I was a little kid.

There was also this weird game library on Windows and you could play as a comic book character.. holy shit I need to find that game.
Comix Zone.

Road Work Ahead

kiwifarms.net
The first game I remember playing was Rayman on my Dad's PC. Never did beat it, I should revisit it one of these days

Sundae

Mutant Melon Bear
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gex 64: Enter the Gecko. Played the hell out of that game back in the day. The series as a whole may have faded into obscurity, but it has a lot of nostalgic value for me.

Last edited:

Dieter Laser

Now you can bite me. Bite my boots! Bite my boots!
kiwifarms.net
Adventure, for the Atari 2600. Not sure if it was the first I played, but it’s the first I know I beat. That game definitely defined my personality as an adult gamer, funny how that works. I’ve got a boxed copy on my arcade cabinet to remind me of how it all began.

biozeminadae1

kiwifarms.net
Comix Zone.
Brother, he figured it out in 26th July 2013. You're like 8 years late.

I don't remember my first game at all, but I really liked Little Fighter 2 as a kid.

I don't think there was any one game that got me into gaming, they had to have been several of them. Both 2D and 3D ones. I really liked Murder Death Kill 2 (MDK II) as a kid and Dark Forces 2.

Last edited: