What was your first game?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Maurice Caine

I owe ya one.
kiwifarms.net
Brother, he figured it out in 26th July 2013. You're like 8 years late.

I don't remember my first game at all, but I really liked Little Fighter 2 as a kid.

I don't think there was any one game that got me into gaming, they had to have been several of them. Both 2D and 3D ones. I really liked Murder Death Kill 2 (MDK II) as a kid and Dark Forces 2.
Holy shit this thread is 8 years old. What's it doing here then?

SSj_Ness

Time to rape organized crime
kiwifarms.net
Earliest clear memory is Super Mario Bros, but it could have been Contra or something similar but I can't remember which came first. There's also a good chance I played Atari 2600 first but I don't remember doing so.

I was into gaming right from the start, loved it, so I guess SMB is what got me into gaming. Platformers are still among my favorite genres today, actually.

However, what me me appreciate gaming on a deeper level was Chrono Trigger. I guess as pretentious and cringe as it sounds, I viewed it as art, something beautiful. I was probably around 13 at the time and it was the first JRPG I really got into.

Last edited:

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Earliest clear memory is Super Mario Bros, but it could have been Contra or something similar but I can't remember which came first. There's also a good chance I played Atari 2600 first but I don't remember doing so.

I was into gaming right from the start, loved it, so I guess SMB is what got me into gaming. Platformers are still among my favorite genres today, actually.

However, what me me appreciate gaming on a deeper level was Chrono Trigger. I guess as pretentious and cringe as it sounds, I viewed it as art, something beautiful. I was probably around 13 at the time and it was the first JRPG I really got into.
Platformers are a great (no pun intended) jumping point into video games and are a main stay for a darn good reason.

Also Chrono Trigger was pretty awesome. Nothing cringe about loving it.

Jaimas

darkestse.cx
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The very first few games I played were Arcade Ports on the Atari 2600. My brother had one. They ranged in quality from shit (Pac-Man) to amazing (Dig-Dug). Still the coolest shit ever for a six-year-old and the games are timeless enough to be a lot of fun to this day.

As for my own very first system.... That's a bit of an odd one. I doubt any of you ever heard of it, because I sure as shit hadn't seen this thing prior to when I was given it by my uncle. It was called the Bulls-Eye, and it was an attempt by Magnavox to create a scaled-down version of the Wonder Wizard console back in 1976. Imagine a really big RF switch that would attach to the side of a TV like a brick and had two paddle controllers and a light gun attached and you had the general idea.

It had four different Pong games, including the classic one (which the system called Tennis), one where both players controlled 2 paddles (which the system called Hockey), a single-player mode where you bounced the ball off the wall and tried to keep it in play (called Jai-Alai by the system) and a two-player version of the same mode (called Handball by the system). Two of the four Pong games were awesome, and Two of the four sucked.

It also had a light gun game, where you shoot at a target 15 times and you'd get a point for each time you hit it, with the objective of getting a high score.

The thing was obsolete back in the 1980s, when I got it, and I remember the thing just up and vanishing a few days after I got it (I think my brother may have taken it, less because he wanted it or was trying to punish me, and more because less than a week later, my Grandma and Dad got me an NES).

Last edited:

Hellspawn

Feeling depressed, want to shitpost.
kiwifarms.net
I think it was Solitaire on Windows 95. I've never been into consoles until recently. My first console was a DS, and from then on I'm quite hooked with Nintendo stuff.

Hammystloli1

kiwifarms.net
For me it is either Star wars Jedi knight: Dark forces 2 or Age of empires 2 for the PC.
I still have the AOE2 manual buried somewhere in my room.

Lovecraft's Cat

Cat Lives Matter
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if this counts, but I had one of those Leappads when I was really young. My first real game, however, was the 3ds Starfox game.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
First one I remember playing is Kirby's Dreamland on the NES. Man, I loved that game for some reason.

Niggernerd

Hiya pops, long time no post.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My first vidya was Lost Luggage for Atari 2600 and donkey kong for NES

ComStar

Your HPG provider since 2788
kiwifarms.net
First game i ever installed was the Yoda Stories demo, on my (for the time) very decent 166 mHz computer. It' was nothing special really, but i can still get nostalgic about it. I think i installed the Indiana Jones' Desktop Adventures demo right after that

First full game was probably Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries (which is still awesome, by the way)

First game i ever played? Probably something like Alex Kidd in some department store, or (more likely) Super Mario World

get_ur_gamon

Hand over the gamon and no one gets hurt
kiwifarms.net
Final Ninja was the first game I remember playing though it was only a Flash one. Guns of Icarus was the first proper game I played.