What was your first game?

UselessPieceOfShit

kiwifarms.net
I remember my dad took me to work with him to show me a computer for the first time and we played some platformer game with a bird as a main character. Good times. His coworkers gave me candy and showed me another game, some match 3 stuff they played instead of working.

Banana Hammock

kiwifarms.net
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. One of my mom's friends had a SNES, and I still remember being allowed to play it. Of course, I was like, 3-5, so I had no fucking clue what I was doing. Still, it's a fond memory.

When I was older, I got my uncle's old SNES, which had Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, A Link to the Past, and some other stuff I don't remember, since it's been so long.

KickflipOllieOllie

Hello there
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure it was either Duke Nukem 3D, Age of Empires or Doom, my dad used to play them when I was a kid and I liked to watch him play and he sometimes let me play too.

Retink

the retard appreciating USA Oy Vey History Month
kiwifarms.net
I want to say it was an 8-bit Prince of Persia game, because a neighbor in the apartment complex had an old computer that was outdate by then and their kids were about the same age as me so we were friends.

Dammit Janet!

#thosearethighrollsnotapussy
kiwifarms.net
When I was a kid I use to stay up late with my mom after she got home from work and watch her play Munch's oddysee. But the first game I ever really played and didn't just watch the adults in my life play was Simpson's Hit and Run. Shit was ahead of its time.

whogoesthere

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge.
kiwifarms.net
Christ, this will age me.

First I ever played was Bruce Lee on the Amiga. Fucking awesome game at the time, a yellow blob (lol) for Bruce, and he went around bashing other blobs whilst jumping off of things.

First I owned, was Digger T Rock. I actually really loved that game, such a simple concept. Surprised its not been done again, a sort of puzzle type game as it is.

There was another game I remember, on the NES, which you were a lord I think. It had like a battle screen, and a dueling screen. I always fucking lost at the duel, if I can remember that game I might grab a ROM and see if I can finally beat the game, some 30 years later.

Probably always had them around for being the generation I am, but first I can really (very vaguely) remember was Frogger on PS1.

First real adult video game was probably Destroy All Humans (given to me by brother) or GTA San Andreas (given to me by brother too, later on, but maybe a lot more significant).

First strategy game (you didn’t ask for genre, but I think of strategy games as being totally different from other video games) would be the original Age of Empires, suggested to my Mom by my grade school teacher.

Professor G. Raff

Oh, the line forms on the right, babe
kiwifarms.net
It's hard to judge from being so young, but I think it was Super Mario World. Very specifically the ghost house with the big green bubbles at a daycare center. I was perhaps around 5 years old, but the big green bubbles are locked in my memory.

RSLUG30

:-DD
kiwifarms.net
i don't remember exactly but club penguin had to be my first ever "game", i wasn't much of a gamer back then so i didn't care much for whatever game consoles were out at the time and was only exposed to them whenever i visited relatives.
the first actual game i played that wasn't flash was portal on a shitty beige second-hand laptop from ebay, and it ran at a slick 5fps when it wasn't crashing and i still somehow had fun in that.

That Chris Guy

Deadnaming and shaming men in dresses for 20 years
kiwifarms.net
Parachute on the Game & Watch.
Also played the original Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong II games as well, and Mario Cement Factory.

Then I got to play Mario Bros. on the Atari.

Fish Fudge

kiwifarms.net
I have no idea what it was. The screen was black, there were a lot of green lines moving around, and white dots that I guess were stars. Came on a floppy disk, pretty sure it was some bootleg thing. My father worked for an IT company from the 70s onwards, so it was just some nothing game that copied and passed about. Usually he came home with something that was just an animation, or drew a picture out of text - that space thing was the first time I remember there being any interactivity.