What will a truly future society look like? - What happens when we get to space, man?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
Have a holy Easter, and fuck your batshit crazy sci-fi fantasies.
Have you been drinking? This is exceptionally mean-spirited, even by your standards. Regardless of my opinions RE: your hyper-fundamentalist neo-Puritan worldview, you're usually very civil. I imagine this has something to do with your self-professed desire to burn every book that doesn't preach the Truth: does the mere idea that people can conceive of a future beyond the next few years really anger you that much? If so, you should probably have a serious talk with... well, someone. That sort of utterly destructive and rage-fueled mindset doesn't lead anywhere Godly by any measure (unless your god is Kali or Satan or some shit).

More on-topic: I believe that the growing decentralization of everything will lead to a direct, poll-based democracy, where every decision will be made based on aggregate polling of the populace.

kiwifarms.net
[redacted]

It is a batshit crazy sci-fi fantasy. Calling it what it is, is not "mean" by any stretch of the imagination. Would you call our God "mean" for whipping some Jews out of the Temple, for calling the Canaanite woman a dog, or for saying that Judas should not have even been born? Is our God "mean" for sending men to eternal suffering if they refuse to love and serve Him in this life?

Pay special attention to the interaction between Jesus and the Canaanite woman. Calling someone a dog during Jesus' time would be like someone openly calling another person a nigger in our present day understanding. I am not interested in being "nice" or whatever preconceived notions you have about Christians. I was not angry that this person conceived of a future, but that he conceived of a future totally devoid of the Truth of apocalyptic prophecy. The earth will be unified under the head of the Antichrist, and then God will consummate His Kingdom after the Antichrist's reign. It really is not complicated, and there are no space aliens involved.

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
It is a batshit crazy sci-fi fantasy. Calling it what it is, is not "mean" by any stretch of the imagination. Would you call our God "mean" for whipping some Jews out of the Temple, for calling the Canaanite woman a dog, or for saying that Judas should not have even been born? Is our God "mean" for sending men to eternal suffering if they refuse to love and serve Him in this life?

Pay special attention to the interaction between Jesus and the Canaanite woman. Calling someone a dog during Jesus' time would be like someone openly calling another person a nigger in our present day understanding. I am not interested in being "nice" or whatever preconceived notions you have about Christians. I was not angry that this person conceived of a future, but that he conceived of a future totally devoid of the Truth of apocalyptic prophecy. The earth will be unified under the head of the Antichrist, and then God will consummate His Kingdom after the Antichrist's reign. It really is not complicated, and there are no space aliens involved.
Armageddon, by definition, is no future. The Kingdom of Heaven is eternal and unchanging- the circle, pure and infertile. So it seems that you are angry that people can think of a future.
I would also point out that it is written: "Thou shalt not know the day nor the hour when the Son of Man returns". The events of Armageddon may occur countless years from now.

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The events of Armageddon may occur countless years from now.

Or strictly for argument's sake - tomorrow.

When younger, I studied the Apocalypse, the Four Horsemen, and tried to find deeper meaning in the words and all of Genesis. And I'm not a particularly religious sort at all. I'm probably more spiritual than devout anything. Even given that, I don't question God, or deny his existence. Agnostic at best, would probably fit well.

But there was a future told, and as many, I looked at how the events of my time correlated to those words. There are always events that do.

In summary to all this theological dribble, these days I believe the world will either end or go on. We all gotta die of something. I'll add, do you REALLY want to know the future? I don't. I'll be feeding worms soon enough as it is. In the meantime, just trying to enjoy a few more trips around the sun.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It will look like this and it will make me cri every time

The African guys have the best costumes.