Containment What WILL Chris's Fate be? - How do you think it will end?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

What will happen to Chris?

• Prison

Votes: 438 20.7%
  • Monetary fine

Votes: 35 1.7%
  • Nothing (autism shields him again)

Votes: 341 16.1%
  • Hobo saga

Votes: 164 7.7%
  • Suicide

Votes: 72 3.4%
  • Couch surfing with the few white knights he has left

Votes: 114 5.4%
  • Group home

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • Institutionalized

Votes: 698 33.0%
  • Other

Votes: 38 1.8%

• Total voters

Holiday Special

Stir, Whip, Stir Whip
kiwifarms.net
I think they’re going to be fighting an uphill battle if they want a conviction. Barb won’t want to press charges or testify against him and it would be difficult to prove that Chris didn’t legitimately think she was consenting; I wouldn’t say that about anyone else, but this is Chris and delusional thinking is the norm for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was offered a deal where he pleads guilty to an easier to prove charge in exchange for a lighter sentence.

I still don’t think he’s going to stay behind bars that long, if at all. But if he doesn’t go to prison, what will happen to him? The mental health system doesn’t want to put people in a psychiatric hospital long term and they only do it if they’re a danger to themselves or others. I’m guessing that he goes to some kind of group home where he gets strict rules about internet usage.

He’s been in jail for six months now; I have to wonder how that’s going to change him and how it’s going to impact whatever housing arrangement he winds up in?

There will be no rape charge. Too difficult to prove and honestly no one in the county gives two shits about them. The incest charge is gonna stick, they have a confession.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Barb won’t want to press charges or testify against him and it would be difficult to prove that Chris didn’t legitimately think she was consenting; I wouldn’t say that about anyone else, but this is Chris and delusional thinking is the norm for him.
The knowledge of lack of consent isn't the element of the offense, it's the mere decision to have sex with someone who does not consent. It is the obligation of the person going forward to know there is actual consent. It doesn't require a formal contract or saying some magic words like "I consent to sex," or can be entirely nonverbal, but it has to be there.

The fact that he admits she was unwilling but he kept on anyway is really damning as well.

And if she was mentally incapacitated, then it really doesn't matter whether Chris thought he had consent or not. Again, the mens rea for rape doesn't involve even knowing whether consent exists, the mens rea is voluntarily having sex with someone who has the forbidden characteristic. About the only way it could be involuntary is if you somehow fucked someone because of having a seizure or something.

If they just stuck with the incest but added the lack of consent due to mental incapacity aspect, it would become a felony and get transferred to the Circuit Court.

Pointless Sperg

Crying Anchuent Cherokian
kiwifarms.net
The knowledge of lack of consent isn't the element of the offense, it's the mere decision to have sex with someone who does not consent. It is the obligation of the person going forward to know there is actual consent. It doesn't require a formal contract or saying some magic words like "I consent to sex," or can be entirely nonverbal, but it has to be there.

In Virginia, willingly participating in the activity counts as implied consent. For it to be non-consensual, Virginia requires the physical and mental ability to deny consent (unless under some sort of express or implied threat) and consent actually be denied. The nature of denial of consent is also important. If you say "not now, not ever", then that consent has been denied from that point forward. If you say "not tonight, I have a headache", that means it's fair game again the next day. If you say "no" and then say "yes" then the previous "no" is invalidated.

The fact that he admits she was unwilling but he kept on anyway is really damning as well.

Again, perfectly legal in Virginia. If someone says no you can try to change their mind as much as you want unless they actually tell you to stop talking to them and leave their presence (most likely backed up with a restraining order).

Chris has said that Barb said no "at first", which implies that she consented later. It's not proof she consented later, but it's also not an admission that Chris did not obtain consent, only that he did not on his first attempt. He never says "She said no at first, so I fucked her anyway until she said yes."

And if she was mentally incapacitated, then it really doesn't matter whether Chris thought he had consent or not. Again, the mens rea for rape doesn't involve even knowing whether consent exists, the mens rea is voluntarily having sex with someone who has the forbidden characteristic. About the only way it could be involuntary is if you somehow fucked someone because of having a seizure or something.

If they just stuck with the incest but added the lack of consent due to mental incapacity aspect, it would become a felony and get transferred to the Circuit Court.

In Virginia, the qualities for mental incapacitation would be such that Barb would have to be assigned legal conservatorship. I.e. it would imply that if Bob were alive, it would still be rape if Bob had sex with Barb. (This has been the case since the permanent marital consent was repealed in Virginia in 2005). You don't get to decide if someone is mentally disabled only when having sex that society frowns upon.

Also, mental incapacitation is not part of the incest statute and has no bearing on whether or not it is a felony. That's entirely up to the prosecutor (who chooses how to charge it), judge (who can lower it in a bench trial), and jury (who can lower it in a jury trial unless the defense asks and receives bench sentencing -- an option very new in Virginia).

The mental incapacitation enhancement in case of an incest conviction only affects whether or not the offender goes on the SOR after only one offense. It doesn't make a distinction between misdemeanor or felony. If you're convicted of misdemeanor incest with a mentally disabled person (notably the ONLY option for incest with aunt/uncle/sibling/etc, which can only be prosecuted as a misdemeanor), you still go on the SOR.

The one notable difference between proving mental incapacity for incest vs. rape, is that since it's not part of the incest statute, nor changes the nature of the sentence, it does not need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Since it only affects the SOR, which is ostensibly not punishment for a crime, that protection for the defendant does not apply, and only preponderance of evidence is required.

For rape it would require proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, mental incapacitation is not part of the incest statute and has no bearing on whether or not it is a felony.
It certainly does as to whether it's a sex offender registry offense. Specifically "Where the victim is a minor or is physically helpless or mentally incapacitated as defined in § 18.2-67.10, a violation or attempted violation of:[/quote]
And then a list including § 18.2-366 (the incest statute).

Pointless Sperg

kiwifarms.net
It certainly does as to whether it's a sex offender registry offense. Specifically "Where the victim is a minor or is physically helpless or mentally incapacitated as defined in § 18.2-67.10, a violation or attempted violation of:

Right, read my post again, I pointed that out. It doesn't have any determination on any sentence though. (Being on the SOR is not a sentence, it's an administrative classification -- completely fucking unconstitutional IMHO, but it's been upheld by the courts.) My main point was that it doesn't affect the classification of it as a felony or misdemeanor. It stays a Class 5 felony/Class 1 misdemeanor wobbler.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Right, read my post again, I pointed that out. It doesn't have any determination on any sentence though. (Being on the SOR is not a sentence, it's an administrative classification -- completely fucking unconstitutional IMHO, but it's been upheld by the courts.) My main point was that it doesn't affect the classification of it as a felony or misdemeanor. It stays a Class 5 felony/Class 1 misdemeanor wobbler.
Or a class 3 felony for the "such child or grandchild is at least 13 years of age but less than 18 years of age at the time of the offense[.]"

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
I have put “other” because I believe this is going to end up in a suspended sentence. I also think barbs is going to use the autism defense and Chris will “kind of” get away with it but he will be put on some sort of time served or suspended sentence.

I remember somebody (maybe Rekatia) found that there is clause in Virginia law for people who are mentally disabled. The victim of a crime can ask the court for a lesser punishment Because of the plaintiffs mental disability.

I don’t think Virginia has the capability to “house” Chris, He’s not a child and normally retards his age are already “settled” or just fucking homeless. I want him to be in a home but I don’t think it’s on the cards.

Pointless Sperg

kiwifarms.net
I remember somebody (maybe Rekatia) found that there is clause in Virginia law for people who are mentally disabled. The victim of a crime can ask the court for a lesser punishment Because of the plaintiffs mental disability.

Yes we've been discussing that in the forums. It's new in 2021 and Chris' attorney will almost certainly bring that up in negotiations.

I don’t think Virginia has the capability to “house” Chris, He’s not a child and normally retards his age are already “settled” or just fucking homeless. I want him to be in a home but I don’t think it’s on the cards.

There are supportive housing facilities in Virginia. Space is limited but the mentally ill are basically second in line (after veterans). They cost money but housing vouchers can pay for them, and luckily Chris has the tugboat already set up to make up the difference.

The reason you see so many mentally ill people on the street isn't always that there aren't programs to help them, it's that they actively refuse the programs and there's no legal way to force them to do so, and/or they are addicted to illegal drugs that aren't allowed in the facilities. Chris' biggest enemy is laziness and he's more likely to accept tugboat-supported housing rather than declare that the government agents are trying to raid his testicles with space lasers or something and flee to the street. Chris hates discomfort and won't live on the street willingly if there's an alternative. Fortunately he has no drug addictions (yet).

EDIT: The other aspect is major, expensive, liberal cities that are overwhelmed with homeless they can't house. They flock there because those are the most comfortable places to be homeless. Lots of soup kitchens and such, lots of easy-accessible drug markets, low enforcement. "Housing first" doesn't work there because NIMBYs make it too expensive to build housing there.

Chris seems to have no desire to live in the big city, has no drug addictions, etc., he would probably be more accepting of getting into low-income supportive housing in a place where housing is cheap. Either a tard home or a converted motel.

Last edited:

Pointless Sperg

kiwifarms.net
He'd probably end up joining a weird sex cult like the one from Eyes Wide Shut as that would probably be the only way for him to sustain shelter. Only time will tell if he gets kicked out from that one for being too "obnoxious".

Weird sex cults only let you in if you have vagina, charisma, useful skills, or money. Chris has none of those (despite him having imaginary versions of all four).

Computer Guardian

To Mend And Defend
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, the absolute best case I could see would be Prison due to the incest charge still being in effect regardless of which charges get added onto it. The worst case.... he'll just 41% himself, regardless if it happens before the court comes to a conclusion or not, which would be something that would be heavily unlikely knowing how he's acted regardless.

RainwaterDrop

🌺𝒜𝓁𝑜𝒽𝒶 𝐻𝒶𝓌𝒶𝒾𝒾🌺
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, the absolute best case I could see would be Prison due to the incest charge still being in effect regardless of which charges get added onto it. The worst case.... he'll just 41% himself, regardless if it happens before the court comes to a conclusion or not, which would be something that would be heavily unlikely knowing how he's acted regardless.
Chris is a narcissist with a very strong coping mechanism, his delusions. We are talking about a 40 years old man that is basically a child in an adult's body, Chris hasn't cracked so far and frankly, I don't see him killing himself so easily. If being a loner for decades hasn't killed him yet, if jail failed to do so, it's a safe bet that he won't kill himself once all of this is over!

Now, there is a very real chance of him becoming homeless after returning from prison or jail, but even this isn't guaranteed. The Chandlers were pariahs even before this incest debacle began, but his relatives came to aid Barb after her accident last year. If push comes to shove, there is a chance for them to provide some sort of housing for Chris!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Enby Icon is gonna get Radich locked up
kiwifarms.net
Now, there is a very real chance of him becoming homeless after returning from prison or jail, but even this isn't guaranteed. The Chandlers were pariahs even before this incest debacle began, but his relatives came to aid Barb after her accident last year. If push comes to shove, there is a chance for them to provide some sort of housing for Chris!
Not if he's a sex offender. Without his tugboat, Chris is going to be living under a bridge.

Hogar Grupal

Chris Needs Me
kiwifarms.net
If that ever came into play, they would definitely have to cut or curb Chris' internet access. Of course they are as old or older than Barb, so they would have to know the internet, unless they have it as well. The one hinderance would be Chris' cousins, Tom and Harriet's kids comfortability with it. They, like many others, have known what Chris was up to and they would probably think "is Chris capable of doing this to Harriet?"

Personally, I would want Chris to fade into obscurity. He's already given the internet much via his shenanigans and he can't give out anything anymore. He's convinced himself without a shred of self-awareness of his online infamy that it's embarrassing, but Chris doesn't care because ego. People only like sonichu because of Chris, and even Chris' 'OC' has taken a backseat because Chris want to play Jesus.

Pointless Sperg

kiwifarms.net
Not if he's a sex offender. Without his tugboat, Chris is going to be living under a bridge.

Sex offenders still get SSDI. The tugboat will not go away no matter what, unless Chris' retardation prevents him from maintaining a bank account to receive it in, and/or file the paper to tell the SSA about where to send it. The only time his tugboat will even take a break is if he spends more time in jail/prison after he is convicted (and he is not yet convicted). Even if that happens, once he's out, he just has to present paperwork to the SSA to restart the suspended tugboat.

Sex offenders can be denied Section 8 housing vouchers, but only if they are on the lifetime tier -- and Chris is currently not charged with anything that would put him on that tier (and to the best of our knowledge he's not even charged with anything that would put him on the SOR at all unless enhancements were added).

Last edited:

Skitterways

kiwifarms.net
In Virginia:

One can get their SSDI benefits in Virginia without a bank account.​

"The Direct Express® card is a prepaid debit card you can use to access your benefit payments. And you don’t need a bank account."

They even advise their recipients of which ATMS are toll free.

A few years ago I took the mother of my crazy neighbor to an ATM. At the time he received $504.00 a month in SSDI and she paid all the bills. She kept trying to withdraw $504.00 despite the machine telling her the amount had to be in increments of ten. After multiple tries and me explaining how things work, she settled for $500.00 and was salty about it.

Last edited:

RainwaterDrop

🌺𝒜𝓁𝑜𝒽𝒶 𝐻𝒶𝓌𝒶𝒾𝒾🌺
kiwifarms.net
Personally, I would want Chris to fade into obscurity. He's already given the internet much via his shenanigans and he can't give out anything anymore. He's convinced himself without a shred of self-awareness of his online infamy that it's embarrassing, but Chris doesn't care because ego. People only like sonichu because of Chris, and even Chris' 'OC' has taken a backseat because Chris want to play Jesus.
Even if Chris died today, this wouldn't happen. Same as if Chris died some twenty years on, homeless and destitute, he is still the most well documented civilian in the history of the internet and this isn't going away, Chris draws the interest of many and not even his staying away from the internet to a degree for years helped curb this!

Glowie

Terry Davis' inner voice
kiwifarms.net
I'll skip few years
Dying alone, unloved and forgotten.
Once everyone including Null forgets about the degenerate after (inactive) everyone will move on and Chris will be forgotten after life cut short.

Think about it, Chris has nowhere to go, economy is shit, social services are shit and Chris can't even sort glass.

Chris' fate is set in stone

Old Greg

January Cysts Got A Mangina
kiwifarms.net
his relatives came to aid Barb after her accident last year. If push comes to shove, there is a chance for them to provide some sort of housing for Chris!
The thing is Barb is now an elderly woman who could drop down at any moment, it's likely they're willing to let any differences they had slide at this point of her life. Plus with her alleged dementia she may have forgotten why they fell out in the first place. Chris on the other hand would be a burden for many years to come.