Containment What will happen when Barb dies? -

Mason Verger

was she a great big healthy at any size person?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think up to a certain point you are right about this in regards to the possibility of Chris ending up as a ward of the state but there is a possibility that Chris could end up committed after Barb dies, albeit an unlikely one and prior to the Idea Guys and Chris retreating further into fantasy and delusion, I would have considered the scenario impossible.

If Barb dies and Chris truly and completely snaps past the point of no return, he could end up getting committed and made a ward of the state if (and only if) he gets into enough legal trouble that he gets arrested and is given a psych eval by a professional who isn't his regular shrink, they could recommend him to be put in one of the state-run hospitals in Virginia for these types of cases.

Again, it is not likely but also no longer completely impossible either.

The authorities in Charlottesville and Greene County are more than familiar with him and his antics, and mostly brush off any calls about Chris and Barb (excluding legit major incidents like the fire or The Game Place incident) and I'm sure they dismiss any troll calls about his dimensional merge ramblings because they know of Chris's reputation online and know that Barb keeps him on a short leash (or did up until the Idea Guys) but if Barb dies AND something happens that causes Chris to end up arrested on some misdemeanor or hospitalized due to injury/illness and they take notice of any strange behaviors (relatively speaking) they is a small chance they will involve the courts precisely because he has no next of kin who could make the call themselves once Barb is dead.

But honestly, homelessness is the most likely option if Chris truly does go off the deep end once Barb dies.
Shit, he'll probably just get a free bus ticket courtesy of the city of Charlottesville. That's how a good number of cities deal with that issue.

Cedric_Eff

I’m the Lord of the Harvest!
kiwifarms.net
I think up to a certain point you are right about this in regards to the possibility of Chris ending up as a ward of the state but there is a possibility that Chris could end up committed after Barb dies, albeit an unlikely one and prior to the Idea Guys and Chris retreating further into fantasy and delusion, I would have considered the scenario impossible.

If Barb dies and Chris truly and completely snaps past the point of no return, he could end up getting committed and made a ward of the state if (and only if) he gets into enough legal trouble that he gets arrested and is given a psych eval by a professional who isn't his regular shrink, they could recommend him to be put in one of the state-run hospitals in Virginia for these types of cases.

Again, it is not likely but also no longer completely impossible either.

The authorities in Charlottesville and Greene County are more than familiar with him and his antics, and mostly brush off any calls about Chris and Barb (excluding legit major incidents like the fire or The Game Place incident) and I'm sure they dismiss any troll calls about his dimensional merge ramblings because they know of Chris's reputation online and know that Barb keeps him on a short leash (or did up until the Idea Guys) but if Barb dies AND something happens that causes Chris to end up arrested on some misdemeanor or hospitalized due to injury/illness and they take notice of any strange behaviors (relatively speaking) they is a small chance they will involve the courts precisely because he has no next of kin who could make the call themselves once Barb is dead.

But honestly, homelessness is the most likely option if Chris truly does go off the deep end once Barb dies.
Worst option is for him to live with Sockness and get buttrape’d.

TalmudSperg

New Zealander & Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
To the first point: Something like that would require a close family member to have him admitted, for obvious civil rights reasons people can't just have other people committed anymore. Barb won't be alive, and im not sure Cole will even count since he's a long estranged half brother.

To the second point: if Chris is going to start getting serious about life after Barb, he needed to start like yesterday. The stop gap between her death and him being able to secure money and housing will be significant and he'll absolutely fall through the cracks by then.

So, barring white knights literally rescuing him and wiping his ass for years after, homeless saga is the likely outcome.
Why say Stonecutter instead of Bricklayer or Mason?
Do you have an aversion, Stonecutter Verger?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Sonichump and Mr. 0

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Muscle Bra

I passed high scholl bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I seriously doubt a court could look at financial documents where a homeless Chris is buying his latest pony toy instead of making rent or payments on the debt Barb racked up and not say that he's mentally incompetent.
One mo' time for the kids in the bleachers...

Children are not responsible for their parents' debt. The only way Chris could be liable for Barb's debt would be if he co-signed on a loan (which is not beyond the realm of possibility but of which, AFAIK, we have no concrete proof).

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only way Chris could be liable for Barb's debt would be if he co-signed on a loan (which is not beyond the realm of possibility but of which, AFAIK, we have no concrete proof).
I believe Marvin has told us that Barb does indeed make Chris sign on things for her. He's probably got all sorts of stupid Hoard debt attached to his name.

Machinist

kiwifarms.net
One mo' time for the kids in the bleachers...

Children are not responsible for their parents' debt. The only way Chris could be liable for Barb's debt would be if he co-signed on a loan (which is not beyond the realm of possibility but of which, AFAIK, we have no concrete proof).
Now correct me if I'm wrong here but Chris lives in Barb's house. Barb has taken a reverse mortgage against their house to pay for her TV shopping habit. It's not Chris' debt that's the issue, it's that when Barb dies she can't will the house to Chris. He'll have to find somewhere else to live, right?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Vyxenn

Muscle Bra

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now correct me if I'm wrong here but Chris lives in Barb's house. Barb has taken a reverse mortgage against their house to pay for her TV shopping habit. It's not Chris' debt that's the issue, it's that when Barb dies she can't will the house to Chris. He'll have to find somewhere else to live, right?
According to Marvin or some other insider, I do not believe she has a reverse mortgage on the house and just has a regular 20- or 30-year mortgage on it. But, yes, when she dies there is a very good chance that the bank will foreclose on the mortgage, repossess the house, and kick Chris out (thus requiring him to find a new place to live).

I'm not gonna say that doesn't suck but it's not the same thing as being held responsible for your parent's debt (as in, being forced to keep paying money on a credit card bill that was used to buy more crap for the Hoard).

• Informative
Reactions: RE 374

WutangLee

A simple Ramen merchant out to avenge his father
kiwifarms.net
According to Marvin or some other insider, I do not believe she has a reverse mortgage on the house and just has a regular 20- or 30-year mortgage on it. But, yes, when she dies there is a very good chance that the bank will foreclose on the mortgage, repossess the house, and kick Chris out (thus requiring him to find a new place to live).

I'm not gonna say that doesn't suck but it's not the same thing as being held responsible for your parent's debt (as in, being forced to keep paying money on a credit card bill that was used to buy more crap for the Hoard).
Can the bank legally evict tards? Not a legal expert, but my cousin had trouble evicting a piece of shit junkie, and Chris' tard immunity seems to always come in handy for these types of things. Will Uncle Sam's stalwart defense of low expectations protect him?

Reactions: The Pest and RE 374

Mason Verger

was she a great big healthy at any size person?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can the bank legally evict tards? Not a legal expert, but my cousin had trouble evicting a piece of shit junkie, and Chris' tard immunity seems to always come in handy for these types of things. Will Uncle Sam's stalwart defense of low expectations protect him?
In some cases renters have more rights than indebted homeowners. Banks don't care about sad sack stories, seeing as anybody being foreclosed on probably has a sad sack story. And while Chris might not be liable for Barbs debts, the guy has accrued plenty of his own. He's only been able to sidestep it by not having any assets, that won't be the case of he's suddenly holding the deed to 14 BLC.

Machinist

kiwifarms.net

I didn't know that the reverse mortgage wasn't confirmed as being true. I thought I remembered Josh saying that she did in one of his streams so I assumed that was the case.

I wasn't saying that Chris would have to be responsible for Barb's credit card debt, I was saying that she was using money from the reverse mortgage to pay her credit cards so that she could keep buying shit. If Chris expects to keep living at that house he's pretty much fucked. If she's got a reverse mortgage, she dies and then that house belongs to the bank.

He could still get his act together and rent somewhere decent when you consider how much money Barb has been sucking out of him every month. He'd just have to have his autism kick in financially speaking.

Muscle Bra

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In some cases renters have more rights than indebted homeowners. Banks don't care about sad sack stories, seeing as anybody being foreclosed on probably has a sad sack story.
The other thing that might help Chris is that banks don’t like owning houses. While a house might (emphasis on “might”) be an asset to a homeowner (since theoretically the equity increases while they pay off their debt) a bank sees it as a liability that interrupts their revenue stream and requires them to pay property taxes/home repairs/etc.

In a weird way, Chris has to hope that the bank decides 14 BC is going to be too much of a hassle to repossess (i.e. whatever the bank hopes to realize from the sale is less than the costs of repossession and the cost to clean the house and get it ready to sell) which, given the state of 14 BC, isn’t beyond the realm of possibility.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino