Containment What will happen when Barb dies? -

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Even the first scenario, where Chris just takes over the old mortgage doesn’t look that good. (Assuming that Barb’s numerous creditors allow this.)

Chris finances will be stretched to the breaking point, and for the first time in his life, he would be without the option of buying the toys he puts so much meaning into.

It would get really lulzy if the bank or whomever sent over an inspector to check on the condition of the house!
Chris can't afford 14BC, and the equity Barb has in it is less than both what she still owes on the mortgage and what she owes in other debts. We obviously lack a full picture, but there are almost no realistic scenarios in which Barb's creditors don't come for the house.

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What happens to 14BC after Barb dies, Chris is evicted, and it goes to the bank? Rehab, sale, demolition?
I think Chris will likely try to leave 14 Branchland before the eviction proceedings happen after Barb dies.

Barb is literally the only reason he's staying there. Chris may be a dick, but I don't think he's quite at the level of douchebag where he'd just abandon his elderly mother in the Hoard.

As for the property itself, it all depends on the damage. If the damage is bad enough, I think they will demolish the house and clean up the lawn it's built on so they can put a new property there

If the structure is sound enough that it can be gutted, deep-cleaned, and rehabilitated, then the bank will likely try to sell the property outright or sell it to a local landlord so they can rent it out.

If the fire hadn't happened in 2014, I think 14 Branchland would be a completely lost cause. The fire destroyed a major chunk of the original hoard and allowed for a complete rebuild, and I get the feeling that part of why Chris seemed to be happier and getting better (relatively speaking) in 2014-2015 was because he wasn't living in the massively hoarded filth and actually had enough clean space to enjoy, even if the rental house was eventually trashed. 14 Branchland Court likely took at least a year after it was fully rebuilt for Barb to have it hoarded up as well, and I think Chris started going off the deep end and becoming subject to the whims of the Idea Guys around 2017 or so.

Clem

Rattle 'em bois
kiwifarms.net
I think Chris will probably shit himself and do nothing. In terms of the house I think they will probably gut the house if the damage isn't to bad and just trash all the shit in there. Can you imagine all the workers coming in to see all of Chris's shit and their reaction. Can see some weens or autism collectors to find the landfill the shit goes to and look for the stuff. Its not like it would be hard to find given the quantity.

Hogar Grupal

Chris Needs Me
kiwifarms.net
Would Barb have any hopes for Chris like Bob did? If anything, since Chris is a "woman", Barb would hope Chris would do like she did: marry into a comfortable lifestyle. But since Chris is married to imaginary characters, all hope is lost.

Hogar Grupal

Chris Needs Me
kiwifarms.net
If he ends up in some assisted living facility, I wonder if they'll be stricter about his habits. I doubt he'll be able to bring all of his toys, legos, and other junk with him, and might throw a fit over that.
They'll have to. The rooms in their facility couldn't house all of Chris's junk. But they will allow Chris to keep a few items in his room. Ironically, Bob and Barb (mainly Bob) should have curb his habits, but as he's Chris, what can you do?

Rosechu's Pickle

Rosechu's true and honest genitalia
kiwifarms.net
They'll have to. The rooms in their facility couldn't house all of Chris's junk. But they will allow Chris to keep a few items in his room. Ironically, Bob and Barb (mainly Bob) should have curb his habits, but as he's Chris, what can you do?
I mean, when 14BC went up in flames, he didn't take much from the hoard with him to the rental house. It was only AFTER he and Barb built a new hoard.

Any group home who isn't a front to get medicare money would probably monitor chris' shopping like a hawk, to a point where he may not be allowed to handle his own money or accounts.

Tags
None