Containment What will happen when Barb dies? -

Old Greg

January Cysts Got A Mangina
kiwifarms.net
What happens to the hoard when Barb dies? I know Chris doesn't like the hoard, but when it comes time to liquidate family "assets" he might start wanting to hold onto things, storage unit saga perhaps?

Strange Wilderness

kiwifarms.net
What happens to the hoard when Barb dies? I know Chris doesn't like the hoard, but when it comes time to liquidate family "assets" he might start wanting to hold onto things, storage unit saga perhaps?
I can see Chris on the last day before the Sheriff comes to evict him from the house just loading everything he can into his car and making multiple round-trips to stash whatever he can into whatever storage units hes renting until the cops change the locks on the doors and seal the hoard behind closed doors forever.

In all likelihood when the inevitable eviction and repossession happens and Chris claims what he can of the hoard the bank will liquidate whatever it can of the hoard to get its money back from Barbs debts. They will strip the copper wiring from the place, take whatever metal is present in the horde to a scrapyard, donate whatever clothing isn't infested with mold to a donation center as a tax credit, and haul a dumptruck full of old furniture, sundries, and childrens toys to the local power plant to be tossed into the furnace to power the surrounding area for pennies.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Hexbox and Broseph

Old Greg

January Cysts Got A Mangina
kiwifarms.net
They will strip the copper wiring from the place, take whatever metal is present in the horde to a scrapyard,
14BC is destined to be stripped to the rafters or demolished then? Either way I think Chris is going to have a huge breakdown seeing his childhood/manchildhood home change hands, more so than the fire. It will be the end of an era.

Anyone know if Bobs record collection survived the fire? That could fetch a few bucks (which Chris will probably blow on plastic junk).

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hogar Grupal

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
I think Chris will mostly be concerned about his shit, rather than Barb's Hoard. He'll take as much of his things, and I assume some sentimental items of Barb's, to wherever he's living; even though affording it would be difficult, I'd assume he'd have to get a storage unit for at least some stuff, since I don't see him parting with a lot of his toys or ending up somewhere with even half as much space as he has now. He doesn't care about Barb's boxes of fire/smoke/water damaged clothing, piles of old newspapers from 1997, and broken garbage from thrift stores.

troon patrol

Only here because rehab kicked me out
kiwifarms.net

Varies state-to-state but Typically, post eviction the new owner has a responsibility to reasonably store the old stuff for 30 days after that it no longer belongs to them. Typically a bank has an asset manager or realtor that has been assigned to managed the property from being reclaimed to sale. Normally they have the empathy you'd expect; "get the fuck out take all your shit or I'm throwing it away". So Chris has 30 days to put all his shit in storage or a new place.

Reactions: Picklechu

Rosechu's Pickle

Rosechu's true and honest genitalia
kiwifarms.net
Chris isn't gonna do jack shit about it other than his own toys and TSSSF cards.

That said, when he's evicted, weens will most likely raid 14BC like autistic indiana joneses

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
Chris isn't gonna do jack shit about it other than his own toys and TSSSF cards.

That said, when he's evicted, weens will most likely raid 14BC like autistic indiana joneses
I’m picturing one of them, trying to outrun a collapsing horde, trying to make it out of 14 Branchland Ct while being chased by feral cats and dogs.

He makes it out at the last second, lying gasping for breath in a cloud of dust, black mold and autism.

A voice brings him back from the blackness: A blurry figure in a white suit picks something up.

“Aha? The autism papers! A private Christorian will pay a fortune for those! I hear Sockness is looking high and wide for them.”

“Damnit! @rVeRSeSI dont you dare! THEY BELONG ON THE FARMS!”

Rosechu's Pickle

Rosechu's true and honest genitalia
kiwifarms.net
I’m picturing one of them, trying to outrun a collapsing horde, trying to make it out of 14 Branchland Ct while being chased by feral cats and dogs.

He makes it out at the last second, lying gasping for breath in a cloud of dust, black mold and autism.

A voice brings him back from the blackness: A blurry figure in a white suit picks something up.

“Aha? The autism papers! A private Christorian will pay a fortune for those! I hear Sockness is looking high and wide for them.”

What if we started a trust for such artifacts if they came up on the market? That way, we'd be able to preserve them while keeping them out of the hands of weens and Sockness.

rVeRSeSI

kiwifarms.net

It would most likely be a bio suit. Fuck feel, I can smell the cosmos.

Syaoran Li

The Man In Black
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Chris will take as much of his own possessions out of the house with him as he can get away with and maybe get a storage unit if he thinks to do so. He's going to leave Barb's hoarded goods behind and probably just abandon 14 Branchland Court altogether after she's dead and buried.

I honestly think he'd leave the house even before the bank serves the first eviction notice and try to wing it on his own via couch surfing and the occasional motel stay until some ass-patter or white knight can get him set up with some rusty trailer in Greene County or a janky-ass studio apartment or flophouse in the more ghetto part of the Charlottesville area.

• Optimistic
Reactions: The Last Stand

El Rodrigo

Wait, what the fuck did you just say t' me?
kiwifarms.net
*taps cigarette on table*

When Barb dies, I'd imagine that, first of all, Chris would start crying on Twitter. Less about his mother dying, but more worrying that he now has to go through the trouble of paying for her funeral. He then proceeds to bemoan his cursed luck, blaming Mewtwo, Magi-Chan and whatever fictional cartoon characters he 'married' (as a compromise for not succeeding with actual, consistent pussy) for not warning him with their psychic powers ahead of time, so he could have used the dimensional merge to rescue he from certain death. The CWC-ki (if it's even relevant anymore) closes for a week out of sympathy for Chris, and life carries on.

Chris carries on with his oblivious self, buying toys and video games as he does, when, upon returning to his home, he sees a big EVICTION notice on his house.
Whoopsie-doodle, he has neglected to pay his mortgage, or can't because the dumbass not only nuked his credit to Kingdom Come, but spent all the money on a brand new Playstation 5.

He starts throwing an autistic temper tantrum outside of his house, banging on the door and screaming his head off.
Either he manages to break in and the "Standoff Saga" begins between him and the cops, or Chris begins his long-awaited sequel to the "Flying Elephants" video, in the hopes that this bizarre, nauseating ritual which involves him being uncomfortably naked and making wounded pachyderm noises somehow reverses time and his multiple bans from the places he once haunted.

It doesn't work, of course, but points for trying.

The cops inevitably arrive, and, completely bewildered by this fat jiggling...thing in front of them now lying face-down on the floor, just stand around him while he sobs, right before carting him off for either being a public nuisance, or trespassing. What happens next is purely left to the imagination, but if Chris truly believes the hoodoo nonsense he's been peddling for a good portion of his life, he may attempt to ward off the jerkops with a CURSE-ME-HA-ME-HA, asking everyone on Twitter to lend their energies to him so he can vaporize his oppressors with a giant AUTISM bomb.

...it fails miserably, and Chris is tazed, his belly fat jiggling as "I have a boyfriend" plays in the background.

Chris gets taken away, the fault of his own shenanigans and nobody else, but damn if he doesn't try to blame somebody else for it in the process.
After much delays in the legal system, Chris is sentenced, either to spend time in jail or get away and pay a fine because he's retarded.

And thus ends the saga of Christian Weston Chandler.

....I'll take my 'Autistic' react now. Sorry.

Hexbox

I nurture my skin.
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know if Bobs record collection survived the fire? That could fetch a few bucks (which Chris will probably blow on plastic junk).
Even if they did, I bet the heat and most likely poor storage practices have made them warped as hell.

When Barb kicks the bucket, we could offer to help by finding an old refrigerator box and throwing her in the dumpster behind Costco. I'm a member, so it's cool.

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
Lets be honest, he'll probably turn her into a Cville character and claim she isn't dead, but only moved to his fantasy city.
Fuck, I was about to say we might get an entire comic about it, but then I realized Chris probably doesn’t care enough. A drawing or a couple of panels max.

If Barb is lucky though, she’ll avoid Bob’s fate of turning into a fucking pony.

I can’t imagine a worse fate for a boomer with a shred of dignity left, than being turned into a goddamn pink MLP horse with a tattoo on your ass.

Poor Bob is probably still rotating in his grave over the “cutie mark” Chris gave him: A blueprint with a C on top.

SssneakySssnek

Goddess Mike (totally didn't beat Julie to death)
kiwifarms.net
Are most people here not from America, or is it actually normal to have absolutely no idea how the health care system is set up?

I've seen "grouphome literally 100%" at least a thousand times, even though it's constantly explained by people who seem to actually understand? Like seriously Google the system no one is going to sneak in with a net and throw him in a van. At absolute worst everything collapses mode and he loses all of everything... He would just be homeless. That's it. The end. And that's not going to happen. He's just going to rot in his house and have Party X's with weens

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
Are most people here not from America, or is it actually normal to have absolutely no idea how the health care system is set up?

I've seen "grouphome literally 100%" at least a thousand times, even though it's constantly explained by people who seem to actually understand? Like seriously Google the system no one is going to sneak in with a net and throw him in a van. At absolute worst everything collapses mode and he loses all of everything... He would just be homeless. That's it. The end. And that's not going to happen. He's just going to rot in his house and have Party X's with weens
No, most people don’t know how the system works.

I don’t know how the system works for that matter, but I’m pretty sure they don’t have tard-vans patrolling the streets of Virginia, looking for autists to put in a sped-house.

I think it’s jusy wishful thinking, mostly.

Unlike you I think there is a reasonable chance that Chris will be homeless, but as far as group home? Nah, that ship sailed a looong time ago.

Syaoran Li

The Man In Black
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, most people don’t know how the system works.

I don’t know how the system works for that matter, but I’m pretty sure they don’t have tard-vans patrolling the streets of Virginia, looking for autists to put in a sped-house.

I think it’s jusy wishful thinking, mostly.

Unlike you I think there is a reasonable chance that Chris will be homeless, but as far as group home? Nah, that ship sailed a looong time ago.
The only way Chris could get into a group home or mental hospital is if it was legally mandated by the courts. So unless he gets picked up on some petty charge and starts acting funny while in processing (and I'm talking crazy even by his standards) then I think Chris will never be in some kind of involuntary psychiatric care

Chris is probably going to be homeless after Barb dies, although I could see him getting a very low end trailer or ratty apartment if some white knights convince him to do it. He could also be desperate enough to let Sockness back into his life as well.

However, unlike most people who think he'll stay in 14 Branchland right until the cops show up, I think he's a lot more likely to just bolt out of there a few weeks to a few months after Barb dies.

Tags
None