Containment What will happen when Barb dies?

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think he's worse than that. Chris has more of a theory of anti-mind. He firmly believes other people shouldn't have thoughts other than his own. That's part of why he creates fantasy worlds to live in where everyone does what he thinks they should.
This is one of the things I can’t really blame him for, he doesn’t understand empathy like a normal person, although I think it’s more he just can’t comprehend people having different thoughts rather than not liking that they do.

An example is Chris giving Catherine a My Little Pony goodie bag on their ‘first date’ with Chris not understanding why that is inappropriate on many levels.

RomanesEuntDomus

Kiwifarms hauseigener Quotennager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess Chris lacks the understanding that other people don't necessarily know things he knows and that their way of thinking may lead them to come to different conclusions even if they do.
There's an experiment with little kids, where they see two people in a room putting an object inside, say, a cupboard. One person then leaves, the other puts the object into another cupboard and the first person returns. The kid is then asked where the person that left the room will look for the object.
Depending on their maturity, they will either say the person will look in the cupboard where the object is or where it was.
Below a certain level, they will not contemplate that the person that left did not witness the object being transferred and thus assume that the person that left has the same knowledge that they do. So they will assume the person will look in the cupboard that the object actually is in.
At a later stage of brain developement, the kid will say the person will look in the cupboard where the object used to be, since that's what they infer the other person to know themselves.

Chris oftentimes made me feel like he assumes that things that he knows should be things that everyone else knows, cause he never bothers to really contemplate if other people can even know or be aware of something or not. And he rationalizes a lack of knowledge as people around him being dumb, which also feeds into his shtick of thinking he's a rainman type savant.
Another aspect of this is when he comes up with riddles, like he'll post an image of Mac&cheese and go "what is the hidden meaning?". To him, Mac&cheese are Italian food, so that makes him think of Peter Griffin going "Aboobity beepee", which makes him think of Family Guy, which makes him think of Megan Griffin, which makes him think of a purple hat.
So, to him: Mac&cheese = purple hat.
No one would be able to come to this conclusion, but to Chris it's super obvious, if not outright inadvertable, like railroad tracks. If someone does not manage to solve this riddle, clearly they are dumber than Chris.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Brutal
kiwifarms.net
Another aspect of this is when he comes up with riddles, like he'll post an image of Mac&cheese and go "what is the hidden meaning?". To him, Mac&cheese are Italian food, so that makes him think of Peter Griffin going "Aboobity beepee", which makes him think of Family Guy, which makes him think of Megan Griffin, which makes him think of a purple hat.
No one would be able to come to this conclusion, but to Chris it's super obvious, if not outright inadvertable, like railroad tracks. If someone does not manage to solve this riddle, clearly they are dumber than Chris.
You need only look at the "during the stone age" line as actual evidence of this. The joke only made sense to Chris, and when he explained it he was confused why people couldn't get the joke. But even the explanation made little sense, since it was mostly repeating the punchline, as if it was supposed to be obvious to everyone who isn't Chris.

Ophelia

No trial, no insanity defense
kiwifarms.net
I guess Chris lacks the understanding that other people don't necessarily know things he knows and that their way of thinking may lead them to come to different conclusions even if they do.
There's an experiment with little kids, where they see two people in a room putting an object inside, say, a cupboard. One person then leaves, the other puts the object into another cupboard and the first person returns. The kid is then asked where the person that left the room will look for the object.
Depending on their maturity, they will either say the person will look in the cupboard where the object is or where it was.
Below a certain level, they will not contemplate that the person that left did not witness the object being transferred and thus assume that the person that left has the same knowledge that they do. So they will assume the person will look in the cupboard that the object actually is in.
At a later stage of brain developement, the kid will say the person will look in the cupboard where the object used to be, since that's what they infer the other person to know themselves.

Chris oftentimes made me feel like he assumes that things that he knows should be things that everyone else knows, cause he never bothers to really contemplate if other people can even know or be aware of something or not. And he rationalizes a lack of knowledge as people around him being dumb, which also feeds into his shtick of thinking he's a rainman type savant.
This is very common (universal?) among people with autism. I think it’s part of Theory of Mind?

Look at his stupid riddle for another example.

AnOminous

when you find a stranger in the Alps
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The first is literally autism. The second is Chris being an asshole. Being autistic doesn't mean you also assume other people are dumb if they either disagree with you or don't get your bullshit. Other autists manage to figure out that they have deficits in this particular part of cognition and develop some rule-based system for recognizing when their behavior is appropriate.

Autism isn't sociopathy, but someone like Chris is both an autist and a sociopath.

Pointless Sperg

Crying Anchuent Cherokian
kiwifarms.net
The first is literally autism. The second is Chris being an asshole. Being autistic doesn't mean you also assume other people are dumb if they either disagree with you or don't get your bullshit. Other autists manage to figure out that they have deficits in this particular part of cognition and develop some rule-based system for recognizing when their behavior is appropriate.

Autism isn't sociopathy, but someone like Chris is both an autist and a sociopath.

I'd apply a bit of Hanlon's Razor here and posit that a lot of it is just that Chris is fucking stupid. He's in that awkward borderline world between the Autists Formerly Known As Aspergers who know they have to build a rational model to explain how others behave, refined with experience and experimentation, and the screaming full-retard autists who smash up a room because their peas were in an unexpected place at dinnertime.

skyraider1991

kiwifarms.net
An example is Chris giving Catherine a My Little Pony goodie bag on their ‘first date’ with Chris not understanding why that is inappropriate on many levels.
Chris is certainly a bit of a freak and can be disturbing to meet IRL. But he also can have a certain charm at times-in a childlike way, he can be very genuine. When he’s not threatened he’s relaxed. Giving gifts is a way Chris shows affection and love. Sure, it was inappropriate, but Chris gave Catherine the goodie bag out of genuine affection. Catherine did smile when she got it, though it was probably out of amusement.

Pointless Sperg

Crying Anchuent Cherokian
kiwifarms.net
He paid for it then 10+ years later raped his elderly mother. I don't consider that getting laid.

Elliot's sister was pretty hot. I might give ol' Rodge a pass on that and call it a win in the alternate incest ER universe.

Seriously though, if Chris had ER's looks Chris could've probably gotten laid. ER was even more damaged socially than Chris. At least Chris actually tried to talk to girls once in a while.

Count Olaf

The Swedish term for beef that is roasted
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was just reading through the onion farms and that zombo guy said the police would not carry out the welfare check because of troll attempts

Well I suppose I don't blame them. Still, if Barb IS dead in their how long will it be before anyone finds her? I know her family was helping her after she got in a car accident but now that she's back home, recovered(?), and 14BC is a little cleaner I don't know if they've washed their hands of her (again). I suppose some passerby might notice a worse smell than the normal reek coming from inside eventually. Or maybe the bank finally comes for the house and whoever they send to clear it out finds her.

Oh well. I suppose we'll find out one way or the other eventually.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Muu

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chris is certainly a bit of a freak and can be disturbing to meet IRL. But he also can have a certain charm at times-in a childlike way, he can be very genuine. When he’s not threatened he’s relaxed. Giving gifts is a way Chris shows affection and love. Sure, it was inappropriate, but Chris gave Catherine the goodie bag out of genuine affection. Catherine did smile when she got it, though it was probably out of amusement.
Maybe but I don’t trust it to be anything more than Chris treating dating like a video game where if he gives her certain items he’ll be having sex by the third date.