What would happen if the United States ended Wilsonian Interventism and stopped being the World police. - America just sticks to being America and finally leaves the Sand-niggers alone.

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
My bet is there would be general chaos, people trying to emigrate to Nu Zelun and 'Straylia, and also a whole bunch of jihadists looking for someone else to hate and attack. The Chinese would not be so forgiving and large parts of the jihadists' world would be parking lots.
So the plot of Command and Conquer: Zero Hour?

Yes, it absolutely does. Every politician today has the we are the world police mindset. And yeah, lot of south American puppet governments, especially after Wilson got into office. And before the whole world wasn't effected by it.
Wilson argued for national self determination. The USA coldly intervenes in the name of protecting trade routes and key resources.

President Wilson was outraged when Henry Lane Wilson intervened in Mexico's politics to install a dictatorship.

There would be knock on effects that would severely effect the US. Say a billion screaming Chinese get nuked off the face of the earth, who buys our surplus grain then?

Or, even worse, they get blockaded and their enemy starts torpedoing our bulk shipping to starve them into submission. What do we do about that? It's happened before. Multiple times. WWII pre-1941, the runup to WWI, 1812, Quasi-War, and many others. Neutral shipping gets hosed during wartime and international treaties/conventions go out the window during major conflicts (read: unrestricted submarine warfare).

Today the US economy is simply too large and has too many fingers in too many pies not to feel the effects of some large conflict. We are gonna get drug into it kicking and screaming regardless. Like @SunLightStreak said, Wilson didn't direct policy this way. He merely recognized the reality of the situation and adapted policy to it.

Back then the Reps were the dove party. The Dems were the hawks. Things changed in, what, the 50's 60's? Somewhere in there. Teddy was the outlier but he was always a bit of an odd fit to the party.
The USA could easily return to being isolated. It has enough oil and raw materials and has plenty of cheap labor via Latin America.

Back then the Reps were the dove party. The Dems were the hawks. Things changed in, what, the 50's 60's? Somewhere in there. Teddy was the outlier but he was always a bit of an odd fit to the party.
Teddy built the canal and Franklin allied with Saudi to get the oil. That family obviously had a project for global domination in mind.

Both parties had a progressive faction that was anti-war. Overall the Dems were the party of the immigrants and southern interests and the Reps were the business party. Both parties were anti-war until that sweet big-gov spending from the war flooded into the south and cities.

Fork Cartel

The 1% are literally the spawn of Satan
kiwifarms.net
Very little changes but the antiamerican tack switches from 'MURICA GET OUT REEEEEEE' to 'Y MURICA NO HELP PL0X', and watching the reversal would well justify this on its own beside the economic benefit

Rand /pol/

RIP Corrugated Daffodils, Teri-Teri, & Cinderblock
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It would change fuck all. Just because you pack up and leave doesn't make every other foreign interest and military disappear. You've got a massive war brewing? You call your trade allies for help because they know full well that if they don't join in the fight they'll be next. Besides that, all the talk of nukes flying and new big powers marching in is nonsense, because there is such a thing as a costly war.

Iceland doesn't have its own army but a US base that's been there since the World Wars, and if it left, who the fuck would weigh the costs of taking over and losing favor with their allies and trading partners? Nobody but complete madmen, and madmen don't get spooked by US fatties stretching their egos across the planet.

Get over yourself, 'Murrica.
I know you don't like us, and frankly I don't blame you but how long do you think South Korea can hold out against the North and China? It'd be '75 all over again.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
I know you don't like us, and frankly I don't blame you but how long do you think South Korea can hold out against the North and China? It'd be '75 all over again.
I give China as much shit as the next guy but I don't think today's China is dumb enough to tear up the free trade contract with South Korea so they can hand over power to a dictator living in the 1950's and completely demolish one of the biggest economies on this planet. Nor do I think the United States is the only country that supports South Korea remaining independent.

Now if SK was some dirty little backwater shithole with mudhuts, then I'd totally believe China would be willing to play their bluff and slag it.

As for the Korean War, you may call me dumb for this one since history isn't my strongest suite, I won't mind; China and the Soviets backed North Korea because of their communist policies, the US supported South Korea for their capitalist policies, and both sides got involved because they feared the other side's influence growing. This was common shit across the globe (Cuba, Afghanistan, Germany, etc.) and China doesn't give a shit if North Korea invades South Korea as long as there's no chance of the US possibly tipping the scales so that South Korea pours over the North and turns it into a capitalist country. US not being involved means China has no reason to be involved. And in general I don't think the Cold War era communism vs capitalism wars entice China anymore. It's all about acting tough and paranoid while trading shit.

• Agree
Reactions: nonvir_1984

Rand /pol/

RIP Corrugated Daffodils, Teri-Teri, & Cinderblock
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
US not being involved means China has no reason to be involved.
I personally find that view of international relations to be really optimistic, it's the same sort of logic a lot of leaders had about the Soviets right after WW2 "well, the war's over, they'll just peacefully exit all the countries they're occupying". When the US exited from South Vietnam did the North and China leave it alone once the US was gone? No, they invaded. Maybe Korea's importance to trade would prevent an invasion, maybe it won't, I honestly don't know.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino