What would happen to the site if Null suddenly died tomorrow? - The line of autistic succession.

Clint Torez

kiwifarms.net
Let's say that tomorrow morning Null died in a car crash or fell down some stairs, breaking his neck. What would happen to the site afterwards? Would it be shut down or continue on running, where it would inevitably fracture into various splitter groups due to mod infighting? Has Null already written a final will in case of such a situation?

Clint Torez

kiwifarms.net
How would we know of Null's death?
That's the problem of the internet. When your favorite internet friends die more often then not you just wouldn't know except that they haven't been posting for a while.
I would assume the site who managed to figure out Bruu didn't die could figure out if Null died, or one of his close mods just asks enough.

Uncle Sid

only thing better than a good meal is a free meal
kiwifarms.net
9999988.PNG

Uberpenguin

Flightless Bird Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
The two worst possible outcomes for the site would be Josh dying or Josh finding a girlfriend. Either one would be catastrophic.

Thankfully our operatives have been overwhelmingly successful at preventing the latter, and are making progress on protecting against the former. We're happy to report that the target has lost a great deal of weight and his energy drink consumption is down. The target still engages in a weekly ritual they refer to as "pizza day", but our analysts report that the risks are within acceptable parameters.

Absurdist Laughter

Honesty about my dishonesty is the policy.
kiwifarms.net
The gate which Null built will be torn open. The hosts of Gog and Magog, hordes of the fiercest of autist shall be unchained and allowed to go forth and ravage the troons. At the hour of doom when the Moon is buried in darkness, trolls will rain down upon the nitwits. Hell will be unleashed upon the twitteratti and all the media shall be laid to waste.

Peanut Butter in Peril

Pizza Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
My guesses are that the site would be up until either Null's lack of intervention lets an attack kill the site or the server is evicted from the data center for unpaid rent. Assuming he's not in contact with anyone, drops dead, and no body is really checking up on him.

As for a successor I'm not sure if Null's ever said anything about having one. Though who in their right mind would want to run this site if Dear Feeder does kick the bucket? As far as I've heard from the MATI podcasts, running this place and keeping it online is an ever increasing burden that has seemingly no reward.