What would the internet be like if superheroes/supervillains were a thing? -

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What would the internet be like if we were in a universe with super heroes, villains, etc? Would they have used forums, image boards, or live journal etc in the 2000s? In such a scenario which heroes and villains would have threads here?

I suspect there would be sites dedicated to supporting or critiquing heroes, villains, and even others meant at mocking them. I also believe that eventually superheroes and supervillains would get doxed, and that it’d be hard for anyone to maintain a “secret identity.”

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net
Honestly if comic book level super powers were a thing, they would probably be enlisted in the military as soldiers rather than be actual superheros. Pic very related.

Attachments

• Watchmen_Vietnam-650x1024.jpg
    Watchmen_Vietnam-650x1024.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 50

King Koalemos

kiwifarms.net
You wouldn't talk shit about Dr. Doom. In fact, I could see people here fucking around and trying to frame things as if SJWs are shit talking Doom, Leader, Joker, or w/e.

Jazz never died!

Brevity is the soul of wit.
kiwifarms.net
The internet would be the same the real world would be something like The Watchmen and there won't be superhero movies and vidya

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

Casualty of the Culture War
kiwifarms.net
UHHHHHH Superheroes DO exist. They're called NURSES and HEALTH CARE WORKERS and GROCERY STORE CLERKS and FAST FOOD SERVICE MEMBERS... geez, it's almost like you haven't been living in a pandemic. Ugh. The only reason we're alive is thanks to these brave heroes who put their lives on the line.

Oh yeah, supervillains exist too. They're called REPUBLICANS and TRUMPFTARDS

Haim Arlosoroff

Archpolitician June Lapincal
kiwifarms.net
What would the internet be like if we were in a universe with super heroes, villains, etc? Would they have used forums, image boards, or live journal etc in the 2000s? In such a scenario which heroes and villains would have threads here?

I suspect there would be sites dedicated to supporting or critiquing heroes, villains, and even others meant at mocking them. I also believe that eventually superheroes and supervillains would get doxed, and that it’d be hard for anyone to maintain a “secret identity.”
They would probably be integrated into governmental agencies like with Watchmen during the Vietnam War. Otherwise they would probably be incredible freaks like in The Boys.
Or it would be like Hancock:
The internet would largely be the same. Except Null would not be among us. Imagine if Chantal had the ability to eat people or bounce around chasing Josh. This site would be the greatest place on the internet right before the data center was destroyed by eye lasers or punched with the force of a thousand nuclear weapons.

Last edited:

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
How super are we talking here and is it super science or magic as well? The nature of these heroes chages the answer dramatically.
1618049936344.png

Last edited:

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
Depends.

Shit like 'Kick-Ass' and 'Watchmen' (Sans Manhatten) would probably be the same.

Shit like Marvel, or DC? Society would be so radically different the internet might not even exist. It's be superhuman feudalism.

Xarpho

having a ruff day
kiwifarms.net
Secret identities wouldn't exist under the Internet and superheroes. One halfway decent photo of Batman means that an army of autists would unmask him as Bruce Wayne within a week.

Smolrolls

We're elbows deep here
kiwifarms.net
Secret identities wouldn't exist under the Internet and superheroes. One halfway decent photo of Batman means that an army of autists would unmask him as Bruce Wayne within a week.
Although Mister Metokur hasn't been unmasked yet despite his 'home address' being reveal, his girlfriend Jade being shown, and the fact he's in an hospital getting his bone marrow replace last I've heard about him.
Any American superheroes in 2020 would be insufferable globohomos and probably indistinguishable from Hillary or AOC. Who the hell else would use their powers to prop up this omnishambles?
Now this would be a good book. Any takers?