What would you do if you encountered a pedophile in your workplace?

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Like A Rad Neighbor

kiwifarms.net
Work in a field which involves old people frequently asking me about technology. Sometimes I will help these people with small issues outside of the scope if we aren't busy.
Guy comes in asking for help because his Facebook wont let him in, he almost paid some Nigerian scammer money to "get him back in". At this point I feel bad for this dude.

I reset his password and am met with a screen that says "Your account has been deactivated because you shared sexually explicit images of minors" with links regarding exploited children. I got this message off his phone and told him that he was out of luck and that it was Facebook's call.

He now keeps coming in regularly and is asking me ways to make another Facebook since his friend says you can and he claims he got banned for upvoting a post about J'biden.

So what would you do?

Internet Explorer

this guy are sick
kiwifarms.net
I always thought Zuckbook had generic account suspension messages, such as "Your account has been disabled", with a link to the ToS/appeal process.

Didn't think they went the hole hog with citing reasons. What a time to be alive.

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This seems a little odd. Did the dumb boomer give some rando Nigerian scammer access to his account or something? They could have posted something in order to fuck him over.

Edit:
Just can't imagine someone getting banned for CP and then seeking out tech support to lift said ban, though some people are incredibly stupid.

Billy Beer

kiwifarms.net
If he's dumb enough to use a nigerian to help him out, he's dumb enough to be sharing conspiracy theories of Joe and Hunter being pedophiles.

Unless I saw pictures of CP on his profile, I wouldn't do anything. It's facebook after-all and how many threads/posts are there on this website about people being banned/cancelled for going against the narative?

Like A Rad Neighbor

kiwifarms.net
This seems a little odd. Did the dumb boomer give some rando Nigerian scammer access to his account or something? They could have posted something in order to fuck him over.

Edit:
Just can't imagine someone getting banned for CP and then seeking out tech support to lift said ban, though some people are incredibly stupid.
If he's dumb enough to use a nigerian to help him out, he's dumb enough to be sharing conspiracy theories of Joe and Hunter being pedophiles.

Unless I saw pictures of CP on his profile, I wouldn't do anything. It's facebook after-all and how many threads/posts are there on this website about people being banned/cancelled for going against the narative?

Yeah this line of logic made me kind of give pause, so far as reporting. His reasoning was "I liked a post against joe and then my friends Facebook lit up like a jackpot but my account got deleted" It was simultaneously stupid enough that maybe they genuinely thought that happened and also stupid enough to seem logical as a lie to someone who knows nothing. The fact that he had scammers who had his name and number make me think they possibly could have done something, but the account suspension after the message was active since 30th of last month.

I was shocked to see a perma-ban let alone one so specific.

Marika

kiwifarms.net
As far as I know, reporting the error message won't draw too much attention or cause permanent damage to a person's reputation; unless, of course, he's guilty and should be reported anyway.

Cool Username

Cool Title
kiwifarms.net
Do you work for someone else? Talk with your employer before reporting him to the police. I think you should do it. The problem is you may risk losing your job if you do; but if you don't, you may risk getting in trouble for doing nothing if others find out about the pedo.