What would you say to a suicidal person? - Encouraging thoughts and feels

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The person in question is in mid 20s, a couple of years older than me.
However, I was asking what would you say to a suicidal person in general, not necessarily the person I brought up. That actually made me wonder about this whole matter.
I am not seeking advice (though it would be much appreciated) but just wanted to hear others' opinions.

"Your call mate"

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
"Your call mate"

Pretty much this. I'm very callous about suicide shit after repeatedly "saving" a close friend just so he could finally off himself in a horrifying way and leave his corpse to be found by his mother. Fuck suicidal people. Get over it, do it, or fuck off. I don't care which.

I'm not being an edgelord, I just think if you're going to kill yourself, think about who you're leaving behind, you goddamn asshole.

Either fix your issues or do it.

Pablo Birmingham

3-Time State Champ
kiwifarms.net
The person in question is in mid 20s, a couple of years older than me.
However, I was asking what would you say to a suicidal person in general, not necessarily the person I brought up. That actually made me wonder about this whole matter.

In that case I'd tell them to do a barrel roll into a double flip before they end up polluting the gene pool.

The age is important, though. At that point it's something that literally every single person goes through. It hits different people to different degrees and for different reasons, but it's just a part of transitioning from a child to an adult. Things change, people change, you find out that a lot of the things you were told as a child just simply aren't true, you're held to standards that you weren't held to before. I'd just tell them something along those lines and that everybody gets over it.

Last edited:

PantsFreeZone

Smartest monkey on the spinning space rock
kiwifarms.net
Half of those are garbage.

just because you are trash.jpg

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much this. I'm very callous about suicide shit after repeatedly "saving" a close friend just so he could finally off himself in a horrifying way and leave his corpse to be found by his mother. Fuck suicidal people. Get over it, do it, or fuck off. I don't care which.

I'm not being an edgelord, I just think if you're going to kill yourself, think about who you're leaving behind, you goddamn asshole.

I'm an edgelord who thinks people should be free to kill themselves.

I'm not going to get the state to intervene in something doesn't involve somebody hurting somebody else (without consent). Not a libertarian or an anarchist, I think the state should exist to help people live but I don't support it denying people freedoms for no reason.

Monika H.

Digging 'cause all good boys are dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I am sorry you had to go through such an experience.
I am honestly struggling to comprehend the problems this person is having, as although I have dealt with a fair share of mentally ill people both during school and after, I have never experienced serious mental issues (apart from sperging about) such as depression, manias and suicidal thoughts.
So, I'm trying to understand as an outsider.

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes they just want someone to listen to them like a person, but you can't get them help if they don't want help. The only way they can help themselves is if the really want to get better, and that's hard because it's hard to admit you have a problem. Also don't drain yourself trying to help someone. Don't set yourself on fire to keep someone warm.

And if all else fails make sure you're in the will.

Cthulu

Satan's little helper
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am honestly struggling to comprehend the problems this person is having, as although I have dealt with a fair share of mentally ill people both during school and after, I have never experienced serious mental issues (apart from sperging about) such as depression, manias and suicidal thoughts.
Well your not qualified to deal with it and none here are I'm aware of. If your serious then your friend needs professional help not advise from KF.

OhGoy

i'm out
kiwifarms.net
I can tell you what you definitely should not tell a suicidal person, which is, "It will get better." Life could stay the same. It could actually get a lot worse, if you're extremely unlucky. That being said, life can certainly get better. Just don't pretend there's a 100% guarantee that it will.
There's no coming back from the final solution"
tell that to adolf

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

This is probably the worst possible place you could seek advice, really. Your friend needs actual professional help, not ironic shitposts, even half-sincere ones.

Seriously, you're a Nazi with a Nazi avatar asking for advice from a guy covered in sludge and screaming.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm an edgelord who thinks people should be free to kill themselves.

I'm not going to get the state to intervene in something doesn't involve somebody hurting somebody else (without consent). Not a libertarian or an anarchist, I think the state should exist to help people live but I don't support it denying people freedoms for no reason.
Yeah, but then the problem is whether or not the person is mentally healthy. Otherwise, they may not really be able to fully understand the consequences of suicide.

I was just saying in another thread that I dislike liberals because they tend to make decisions for other for "their own benefit", so I understand where you're coming from. I guess there's no easy answer to this.

Tags
None