What would you say to a suicidal person? - Encouraging thoughts and feels

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
[ROSEANNE INTENSIFIES]

Cheeky cunt, I like it. She's alpha as fuck, isn't even apologetic and told people to not feel sorry for her.

エボラちゃん

♥~No cure for Love~♥
kiwifarms.net
MXGeVuO.jpg

Make it count and don't fucking miss yourself.

One way to convince someone not to kill themselves would be to play in their narrative.
Convince them that their plan is flawed and they should at least aim toward a purposeful death.

Lead them on a quest to a meaningful suicide and they'll probably find something down the road that will convince them not to do it.

Or you know, get them medicated.

Last edited:

HIVidaBoheme

I know who's been naughty
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes it helps to let them see offing themselves would hurt and upset the life of close ones... assuming there are any. That and providing support and warmth.

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes it helps to let them see offing themselves would hurt and upset the life of close ones... assuming there are any. That and providing support and warmth.
We're all on the same page here. I'm just suggesting (as a few others are) some tough love. My view is like Ivan Drago, "If he dies, he dies."

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
And finally, you can also try SAMe. It's not patented, you don't have to get a prescription for it, and it actually fucking works.
The quack cure peddled by Chiropractors, Naturopaths, and other assorted Witch Doctors on incomplete and misrepresented "scientific" evidence.

Might as well just drink bleach. They recommend that cure for autism too.

Joe_Camel

Null's feeder fetish
kiwifarms.net
a hug. just give them warmth

Sounds like a job for The Snuggler.

I don't much see the tragedy in suicide. Sure, if we were immortal, but uh. Why not devote your empty life to track down the pedos and monsters of the world and take them out with you? Do a Ricky Rodriguez :semperfidelis:

That's what I would do. You have nothing to lose.

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
If you're so weak and pathetic you wanna go all emo and kys, then just do it. This is why I am never invited to an intervention. I'd just tell the person they're a riot when high or drunk.

WreckingPrince

kiwifarms.net
"wash your penis and make your bed"
But honestly, if the person is complaining about suicide the best thing to do is just be like "you shouldnt kill yourself" and ignore it any other time they bring it up. People who are actually gonna kill themselves normally dont tell anyone about their suicidal urges because they dont wanna be stopped and just do it. They are most likely just looking for attention or comfort if they are talking about killing themselves.

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
The highest-risk, highest-reward response is "DO IT FAGGOT" or some variant thereof. It's pretty highly frowned upon nowadays, though.

My understanding is that the suicide prevention orgs nowadays basically say "Don't act like you're shocked or upset, just talk to them and be supportive and call the cops if they attempt or have attempted." It sounds less like it's supposed to be effective and more like it's supposed to cover your ass if the person kicks the chair out.

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
Depends on the person.

If they're clearly just doing it for attention, or if they're someone I dislike, I'd tell them to do a flip and stop wasting everyone's time.

If they legitimately are at the point they're feeling that way, and they're someone I like and know, I'll stay up all night if I have to talking to them and doing whatever I can to get them help. I've done it before. The specifics of what I'd say obviously depends on the individual and their problems, but I'd try to be empathetic, I'd try to remain calm and get them calm and open to ideas on making a change.

Tags
None