What would you tell someone you cared about if they fell into the spotlight like a Chris-chan? - Serious discussion tyme.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
There are some people with schizophrenia who believe they are being "gang stalked" or the government is listening to their thoughts through their 3DS or whatever delusions they have. However as Christian Weston Chandler proves, at times some people for good reasons or bad, they become the center of a real life predicament.

If you knew someone who was in real life, confirmed, being gaslighted, or followed, provoked, things that would break normal souls, how would you advise them to proceed?

Someone like CWC is never going to listen, but in some circumstances you have some weens and A-logging monsters who just want to hurt someone for some real or percieved wrongs, and they take it to levels that are pretty brutal. I remember one psychologist talking about how some loved ones gaslight and just mentally torture people because they are really disturbed individuals, or are wanting control over a person.

If you had a friend, a loved one, or just some stranger who was going through something horrible like this, what could be done about it?

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
I guess it's a minor powerlevel here but I give no fucks in who I am seen being friendly with with irl. Who gives a shit if I am seen having a friendly conversation with a creep, right? So, the other day I was bullshitting around at the local strip mall auto parts store where I buy lots of stuff and know the whole staff and in comes the neighborhood sped. Well, everyone bolts. They don't want to deal with this guy. So I, being a generally friendly and bored individual, chat this guy up and eventually he leaves. He was a weird but also harmless autistic guy and we had a long but not very deep or productive conversation. The staff then returned and begin to rant about how the guy I just talked to is so terrible and bad. I just just shrugged my shoulders, got my shit, and left.

I imagine dealing with a Chris situation irl would be a lot like that.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Given my years in this world, if it was someone I cared about I'd probably just tell them to show me every single interaction/troll attempt they experienced and give me the reins to decide how they handle each one until the spotlight moved on to greener pastures.

But if they decided not to heed my advice, nothing much I could do for them.

Sanshain

Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.
kiwifarms.net
I'd say the best thing to do would be try and give them perspective. The people who are affected by this kind of activity are usually the ones with the most emotional investment in the platform it occurs on. Tell them to reduce their dependency on the platform in question (I.E, the internet), and to quit social media. If you care that much, try and make them part of RL social activities and encourage them to take up pursuits that let them focus their attention elsewhere. You are what you feed your mind, after all. You can only be affected by what happens on the internet if you are of the mental predisposition to take it seriously.

NumberingYourState

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tell them to start streaming games on Twitch, deliberately playing games they don't enjoy, amass a loyal following of lovers/haters all on the same horseshoe. We'd get a new forum.

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In just a plain ol' harsh trolling situation, it depends on the friend. Past friends I've drifted away from and no longer have much love for I might not give them advice at all, but just kinda watch the mess unfold. Someone I'm friends with now? I'd definetly tell them don't feed the troooolls asdfghjl'' no one fucking understands this. Seriously- take a nice social media sabbatical, maybe ruminate on what might have brought this on, eat some nachos, don't worry about it. Don't go arguing with these random people online, don't type up a long essay telling everyone why you don't care about the haters (becasuse at that point you do), keep your titties calm.

In a really nasty situation of actual gaslighting and harassment I'd jump in and try to get them out of it or possibly do some brujeria on someone's ass.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
In just a plain ol' harsh trolling situation, it depends on the friend. Past friends I've drifted away from and no longer have much love for I might not give them advice at all, but just kinda watch the mess unfold. Someone I'm friends with now? I'd definetly tell them don't feed the troooolls asdfghjl'' no one fucking understands this. Seriously- take a nice social media sabbatical, maybe ruminate on what might have brought this on, eat some nachos, don't worry about it. Don't go arguing with these random people online, don't type up a long essay telling everyone why you don't care about the haters (becasuse at that point you do), keep your titties calm.

In a really nasty situation of actual gaslighting and harassment I'd jump in and try to get them out of it or possibly do some brujeria on someone's ass.
This is absolutely great advice, but I know of a situation where someone completely retreated from the net, because a recluse and they still pursued that person until they did something drastic. I didn't know how to help that situation.