WhatPumpkin, LLC / Homestuck, Inc. : Chuck Tingle, Andrew Hussie and Friends - feat. Rachel Rocklin, Shelby Cragg, and Cohen Edenfield

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Who is Chuck Tingle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boldir Lamati

Troll Secret Squirrel
kiwifarms.net
My bad, Sam Keeper is actually just some girl who owns a blog and has written a lot about Homestuck. But she speaks with so much authority I assumed she had some part in something recent that I hadn't noticed.

While I was looking her up, I found her defense of the Homestuck 2 Patreon criticism, which I offer to you now as a delicious apology offering for my misinformation:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200206135845/https://twtext.com/article/1198401689423958016

this means that there's way, way less actual money to produce Homestuck
like... I don't know how to stress enough that we HAVE the numbers, on graphtreon, to see roughly where this project falls in terms of its probable income, and there is almost certainly NO WAY IN HELL anyone working on it is making close to a living wage.

that's just facts.
if you look at the history of patreon and kickstarter you will see a mass grave of people who convinced themselves if they just did more work, the money would materialize. that is not how it works. I had to learn that the hard way, and it almost ended me.
so... I just have kind of a hard time seeing this perspective. it seems really divorced from economic reality. as far as I know, no one works on Homestuck full time.

how could they possibly afford to?
This does have me thinking more on WP's financial situation and how they're handling things. Considering they keep bringing in different writers and artists every week with maybe one consistent coder for Pesterquest, is the entire company some kind of freelancer thing? Who's getting paid and how much? Hiveswap Act 2 is apparently in active development (even though there's been no Kickstarter updates since June of last year), what's going on with those guys? Also, Homestuck 2 is technically under Kate and Aysha's own writing company Snake Solutions, while still being "official" enough that Homestuck's official Twitter advertises it, so what does that mean?

I'm not even saying "hmm there's something fishy going on here," I genuinely have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Shit, if they're not really making enough to live on Homestuck alone, is that why Kate started selling her nudes?

I'll get back to collecting Makin vs Homestuck reactions later on today, along with compiling and giving some background on Makin and his actions/accusations if I can. Here's another one real quick from former Homestuck musical composer Tensei:

1580999302078.png

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
Thats how I see it.
They literally say they want this website destroyed and theyre back tracking on their statements about Homestuck canon being dead now also, and they want HSD and r/homestuck destroyed because of it.
Yup, commies mad they can't control the narrative.

All of this seems like dumb drama and dick measuring to see who's more respected in the community. Shouldn't the people working on homestuck focus on making it actually good and not losing their shit over an archive site?
Because they can't no longer pull shit out of their collective ass without some fan going "Hang on a second, but the archives state this happened, not what you claim!"

Not Absolutely

Just lurking around enjoying the view.
kiwifarms.net
My bad, Sam Keeper is actually just some girl who owns a blog and has written a lot about Homestuck. But she speaks with so much authority I assumed she had some part in something recent that I hadn't noticed.

While I was looking her up, I found her defense of the Homestuck 2 Patreon criticism, which I offer to you now as a delicious apology offering for my misinformation:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200206135845/https://twtext.com/article/1198401689423958016

This does have me thinking more on WP's financial situation and how they're handling things. Considering they keep bringing in different writers and artists every week with maybe one consistent coder for Pesterquest, is the entire company some kind of freelancer thing? Who's getting paid and how much? Hiveswap Act 2 is apparently in active development (even though there's been no Kickstarter updates since June of last year), what's going on with those guys? Also, Homestuck 2 is technically under Kate and Aysha's own writing company Snake Solutions, while still being "official" enough that Homestuck's official Twitter advertises it, so what does that mean?

I'm not even saying "hmm there's something fishy going on here," I genuinely have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Shit, if they're not really making enough to live on Homestuck alone, is that why Kate started selling her nudes?

I'll get back to collecting Makin vs Homestuck reactions later on today, along with compiling and giving some background on Makin and his actions/accusations if I can. Here's another one real quick from former Homestuck musical composer Tensei:

View attachment 1132823
Thank you, based squirrel girl.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
TenseiMusic said:
...because literally everyone and their fucking mom has been uploading my shit since forever and actively profited off of it too.
What the actual hell is he on about here?

Look I hate Makin as much as the next guy, him and his ilk have a whole list of dirty laundry, some of which I've had the pleasure of hearing directly from artists within the fandom who've, and I say this charitably, "worked" with him in the past (I'll wait to divulge a little bit of that if Boldir Lamati doesn't already cover it in his Makin accusation write-up), but pushing all that aside for a second: Homestuck.net isn't making a profit. There's no ads running on it, it's purely an archival site because the WP staff can't be arsed to archive anything for shit, and a huge part of the reason why your music is on there in the first place is because y'all were so bad at organization that a shitton of the comic's assets, music, panels, BTS info, etc. leaked out onto the Internet, or you shared them publicly on Bandcamp/Soundcloud; that's not the fandom's burden to bear, nor is it their fault that they like your music enough for it to try not to have it be lost to time (and not trying to upload rips to YouTube for that sweet, sweet AdSense revenue), no matter how many douchenozzles make up the "Homestuck Fandom Elite".

EDIT: And even then, they're still removing works if you just contacted them directly instead of lambasting them on Twitter. So why are they taking such an issue over something so easily fixable?

Last edited:

The Big Vivs

hit 'em with the ol' gabagool
kiwifarms.net
So why are they taking such an issue over something so easily fixable?
Because throwing pee-pee pissbaby shitfits is more familiar to these people than sucking it up and acting like an adult for the three whole minutes necessary to ask.

This trashfire gets worse and worse every time I look at it. These writers are insane, but you'd really have to be to want to keep writing for Homestuck where it is now. Damn shame.

Reactions: Mexican_Wizard_711

SketchyRichard

Can we nuke Twitter?? 🤔
kiwifarms.net
I was surprised all the work they have to do to make the archive and look as neat as possible (using the mobile version). I like they encourage people to locate old works.
People are just bitchy no reason even though the Hate go with hussie by closing mspaforum without any warning whatsoever. There is so much shit that is now lost because of that.

• Agree
Reactions: milfcoded

OmnipotentStupidity

kiwifarms.net
Makin- is stepping down from his administrative position within the community and, after deliberation with both Andrew Hussie and DrewLinky and coming to the conclusion that, while none of the criminal allegations were true, the administrative abuse from Makin- absolutely was, Drew will take over his position from here on out.

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
Makin- is stepping down from his administrative position within the community and, after deliberation with both Andrew Hussie and DrewLinky and coming to the conclusion that, while none of the criminal allegations were true, the administrative abuse from Makin- absolutely was, Drew will take over his position from here on out.
He's not the guy the "writers" of Homestuck 2 shrieked about, right?

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how much you hate Makin-), the very same.
Well, on the bright side, he's now able to focus on homestuck.com? Or did the struggle sessionists manage to kick him out of there too?
The text reads ambigious to me, that he merely got kicked from head-mod position.

Not Absolutely

Just lurking around enjoying the view.
kiwifarms.net
why would the HS team even care on what the fandom does, there kinda overstepping there welcome, all they need to do is work on homestuck amd homestuck material
Its because this nuteam wants to control everything, which isnt surprising cause most of these fuckers are just fans they dont like when people dont follow their agenda which is why the only like and listen to twittertards anyway.
Personally im sure they didnt like homestuck.net because it had something useful and better than theyve put put and its something they cant control.

Raccona

kiwifarms.net
Its because this nuteam wants to control everything, which isnt surprising cause most of these fuckers are just fans they dont like when people dont follow their agenda which is why the only like and listen to twittertards anyway.
Personally im sure they didnt like homestuck.net because it had something useful and better than theyve put put and its something they cant control.

funny thing is that Homestuck.net was up for a couple of months but now kate has a problem with it.

KyouKasoya

opinionated Kyouko Kasodani
kiwifarms.net
Because they heard about it and so has everyone else by now.
"Popular and against my opinions, must hate it."

Sintaurus

Give a man a bone and he will build a dinosaur
kiwifarms.net
Well, on the bright side, he's now able to focus on homestuck.com? Or did the struggle sessionists manage to kick him out of there too?
The text reads ambigious to me, that he merely got kicked from head-mod position.
As far as I can tell, it means that he's been kicked out of any role with power. He can effectively no longer moderate the HSD or r/homestuck or enact any policy changes to them. He can stay a part of those communities but can only operate under a creative position, which I would assume means he is free to continue working on Homestuck.net and other similar projects. The main issue they were trying to solve with this decision was the fact that many people were claiming admin abuse from Makin and other mods in his circle. Hence, no admin power == no admin abuse.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
All this sperging over a website that archives old fanfic. My God.
You can't risk fans making new content that might end up being better than the official product; that would damage the official product's quality, or worse the fan content might branch off into a new more popular thing that supplants the original entirely without their creative control!

baru

kiwifarms.net
On mobile so I’ll edit sources in later if/when I remember, but I’m pretty certain that some of the people working on Pesterquest/Friendsim/Hiveswap are working for free because they genuinely enjoy Homestuck. I believe James Roach was one of the people that outright said this.

As for Snake Solutions, I was under the impression that Aysha and such were in control of the Homestuck Twitter account, which would explain why their own company is official enough to be advertised. All the Homestuck accounts have the same annoying humour and out of place political tweets that I just assumed they were all run by the same nuHS writers.

It’s also sort of cringe to see nuHS in general because I feel like Hussie is actively making fun of them on a constant basis and they’re completely unaware or just so far removed from Homestuck humour to know when the original writer is making fun of them. NuHS just feels like an exercise in irony for Hussie but I also think maybe I’m a bit optimistic.

I say this as a long term fan of Homestuck from the start: it should have stayed dead.

OmnipotentStupidity

kiwifarms.net
On mobile so I’ll edit sources in later if/when I remember, but I’m pretty certain that some of the people working on Pesterquest/Friendsim/Hiveswap are working for free because they genuinely enjoy Homestuck. I believe James Roach was one of the people that outright said this.

As for Snake Solutions, I was under the impression that Aysha and such were in control of the Homestuck Twitter account, which would explain why their own company is official enough to be advertised. All the Homestuck accounts have the same annoying humour and out of place political tweets that I just assumed they were all run by the same nuHS writers.

It’s also sort of cringe to see nuHS in general because I feel like Hussie is actively making fun of them on a constant basis and they’re completely unaware or just so far removed from Homestuck humour to know when the original writer is making fun of them. NuHS just feels like an exercise in irony for Hussie but I also think maybe I’m a bit optimistic.

I say this as a long term fan of Homestuck from the start: it should have stayed dead.
The best part is how the WP staff accidentally'd their way into making their new villain unironically tragically sympathetic to Homestuck fans and yet they seem completely unaware of this and the implications they wrote.

Really think about this for a second:
  • NuVillain says "Fuck old Homestuck and the feelings bullshit and the overcomplicated canon shit"
  • NuVillain only becomes NuVillain to keep Homestuck going, in-universe and IRL
  • main story arc involves going back to Homestuck pre-Act 6
  • brings back commands and other shit the fandom loves
  • NuTeam gets made when everyone likes NuVillain and wants to demolish the fandom as a result, not realizing this was all part of Hussie's own outline for the story that they personally approved of
There's missing the point, and then there's the point sailing so high that it can see Jupiter.