WhatPumpkin, LLC / Homestuck, Inc. : Chuck Tingle, Andrew Hussie and Friends - feat. Rachel Rocklin, Shelby Cragg, and Cohen Edenfield

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Who is Chuck Tingle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know what would help with the speed of homestuck^2? Fucking fan support. You know, that thing homestuck was well known for involving to help with the comic?
But Hussie created something unique and fun while now it just seems like fan fiction of various quality when he’s not the author.

Also maybe it’s just me but Andrew looks miserable in all the photos I see him in:
DB29816C-646C-4A5F-A4DD-9924E39F3D18.jpeg

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
But Hussie created something unique and fun while now it just seems like fan fiction of various quality when he’s not the author.

Also maybe it’s just me but Andrew looks miserable in all the photos I see him in:
View attachment 1144500
He's like Vinny from Vinesauce where his resting face turns every picture of him with his spergy fans into an "If only you knew how bad things really are" meme.
Finally, a dating sim for the worst human character in homestuck. This is exactly what we needed.
Considering the team is Extremely Online on fandom twitter I'm sure his route will be nothing but "LOL HIMBO amirite"

Sintaurus

Give a man a bone and he will build a dinosaur
kiwifarms.net
We're getting Jake in Pesterquest.
Hope he gets a moment that lives up to him shitting his pants in front of a live audience and worldwide broadcast. If you think about it, it should be really hard to top something like that, but at the end of the day the new writers may just very well be talented and capable enough to pull off such a feat.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's like Vinny from Vinesauce where his resting face turns every picture of him with his spergy fans into an "If only you knew how bad things really are" meme.

Considering the team is Extremely Online on fandom twitter I'm sure his route will be nothing but "LOL HIMBO amirite"
According to the tweet it’s Sonicfox and the current Homestuck team.

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
According to the tweet it’s Sonicfox and the current Homestuck team.
By the date on the tweet, it most likely took place at Further Confusion 2020. To add to this, I found a firsthand account from one of the people involved in the photoshoot confirming it took place there. Using the Homestuck account he tweeted at SonicFox to come to the communist party in a hotel room and join in.

Later that night we attended The Communist Party, a party themed after the USSR. Drinks were free to all (though we obviously took advantage of the prominent paypal link encouraging donations), and the set dressing included Marxist literature and nonfunctioning guns (which we also, obviously, took advantage of).

When we found out that esports athlete Sonicfox was also at the con, we decided to tweet at them from the official Homestuck account. To our surprise, they responded.

A few minutes later, I was sitting next to the creator of my favorite webcomic, the greatest fighting game champion in the world, and several of the most talented writers I know. I was sitting next to people I admire, people who inspire and challenge me to make better art and be a better person, and in a moment of profound clarity I realized that I didn’t trip and fall onto that couch by accident, that I didn’t con my way into their company. For that one instant, I saw past decades of internalized imposter syndrome and knew that I was on that couch because they wanted me there, because I worked hard and made things that these people I now call my friends recognized and celebrated in precisely the same way I recognize and celebrate the art they make.

We got drunk on Mao-tais and rocket fuel, we commisserated about our lives and the peculiar pressures that come from being widely perceived online, we forgot how scary the world is right now and just fell in love with the experience of being there, together, in that particular place, at that particular time, having that particular conversation.

We left that night feeling creatively and spiritually rejuvenated. It was one of the best nights of my life, and I have no doubt that my friends feel the same way.
For context, SonicFox is seen as an /ourguy/ type of figure within the furry fandom because he got famous for being a "furry eSports player" and incorporating wearing a fursuit into his gimmick. He then made a name for himself by announcing to the world that he is a "black gay furry" before evolving his gimmick to consist of "I'm nonbinary they/them pronouns pls". He now hangs out with furry troons because that's trendy.

Knojkamarangasan_#4

Best gem
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1144500
I mean that's basically what it is now. A permantly sinking ship and a complete dumpsterfire of a fandom. It's literally them puppetering it's corpse in order to grab cash from the kids that used their mom and dads cash to pay for it.

Also regarding that photo. All that's needed now is some exceptional individual wearing a commie shirt or something and it would be just PERFECT. Still, Hussie has always had this odd look to him even in his older photos. But that dead inside look? 100%

God

Him, the Almighty Power
kiwifarms.net
I never understood Homestuck, I tried to read some of it to see what the deal was, and could only get so far before it became a chore to read.
It was interesting if not a little cringe worthy at first, but my interest kept dropping off when just as a character was being developed they introduced a new one and threw the old character out the window.
Even after all of this I never understood what it was about, maybe the new characters were to make Tumblr kids resonate with the quirky angry guy who wears fingerless gloves? Who knows.

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
I never understood Homestuck, I tried to read some of it to see what the deal was, and could only get so far before it became a chore to read.
This is just my take, but I get the feeling it's the type of thing that would resonate with you more if you were there when it was still being made, preferably if you were a middle/high schooler at the time. I have fond memories of trying to figure out what everything meant and what would happen to certain characters, looking at fanart and roleplay blogs, exchanging theories with other fans and all the hype for the Cascade flash animation that ended up breaking newgrounds when it came out. It probably added to the experience a lot while if I were to go back and reread it now it wouldn't be the same.

God

Him, the Almighty Power
kiwifarms.net
This is just my take, but I get the feeling it's the type of thing that would resonate with you more if you were there when it was still being made, preferably if you were a middle/high schooler at the time. I have fond memories of trying to figure out what everything meant and what would happen to certain characters, looking at fanart and roleplay blogs, exchanging theories with other fans and all the hype for the Cascade flash animation that ended up breaking newgrounds when it came out. It probably added to the experience a lot while if I were to go back and reread it now it wouldn't be the same.
Yeah I kind of get it.
I'd say your feelings towards it is similar to my feelings towards Undertale and Deltarune. Not the community, dear god not the community, but the game itself and the underground theories and secrets were great.
Whatever, to each their own.